Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 10-10-2005   #1
Ranger
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Ranger
Default Reggie Bush.......would we draft him?

If we end up in the Top 3 of the NFL draft (and that is where it looks like we are headed) would we draft Reggie Bush if he declares? In my opinion, if you have this player sitting in your lap, you just can't pass on him and draft someody else. He is a video game, one of the greatest athletes I have seen in a long time. So, say we have the #2 pick in the draft. Leinhart has already been picked, Texans on the clock, do we get Reggie?

I mean we have Dominack Davis, who is showing he is worth his money. He is already a jack-of-all trades guy who IS our offense, do we draft Reggie and make him a jack-of-all trades as well? Wow, that would be a offensive coordinators dream right there. But don't forget about the Big OT from Virginia, Brown, he will be up there as well, and we may be hard-pressed to draft him.

So-Reggie Bush, or Brown?
Old 10-10-2005   #2
Bayern
Veteran

This is interesting because I haven't thought about adding another Running Back. Transform the team into a total running attack and all of a sudden that o-line that can actually block (kind of) for the run doesn't look so bad and David is only handing the ball off the whole year. Keep Davis and Bush on the field at the same time!

Then you'll see the play action pass to Dre downfield work. I like it!

Bush
O-line
Tight End
and some friggin mean linebackers.
Bayern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005   #3
WildBlackBear32
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger
But don't forget about the Big OT from Virginia, Brown, he will be up there as well, and we may be hard-pressed to draft him.

So-Reggie Bush, or Brown?
Ferguson and no. Take Bush.
WildBlackBear32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005   #4
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 56852 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Build up the trenches, and then we can get the weapons.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005   #5
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

two things have to happen. First Bush is only a junior so he would have to declare for the draft & leave USC early (just a thought if Pete Carrol was interested in ANY Texans position this might sway his decision) & the Texans need the top pick. all told not out of the question and yes I would do it
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005   #6
royce1054
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to royce1054 Send a message via Yahoo to royce1054

This is a no brainer for me. Name 1 QB who can play with our OL. I know i posted this b4 in a different chain but no QB ever could. I think we go OT from Virginia. No questions asked. I think if 1 min goes by and we dont make him the pick i will be disappointed
royce1054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005   #7
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 85740 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Average NFL career life of

RB: 3 years.
OLine: ??

You couldnt really go wrong with either. Bush is big play waiting happen. Our O-Line is big play waiting to happen for the other team. Hard choice...Franchise RB/Slot WR vs Franchise LT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-10-2005   #8
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 140 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

If our RB was as bad as our oline this would be a no Brainer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005   #9
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

we have to get OL and maybe by then Peterson in 2 years???
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005   #10
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 140 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
we have to get OL and maybe by then Peterson in 2 years???
Ive been thinking that to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005   #11
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

Two word: D'Brickashaw Ferguson

As much as I love Reggie Bush, we would be putting him in a no win situation, just like we have Carr, DD, and AJ if we take him with no offensive line help.
Old 10-10-2005   #12
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Desmond Howard, Rocket Ismail and Peter Warrick dominated the college scene much the same way Reggie Bush is now.

I'd pass on Bush if it was a top 10 pick so that I could address more pressing areas of need.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005   #13
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge
Desmond Howard, Rocket Ismail and Peter Warrick dominated the college scene much the same way Reggie Bush is now.

I'd pass on Bush if it was a top 10 pick so that I could address more pressing areas of need.
were all receivers, Reggie Bush is a rb. big, no HUGE difference. the Texans need to run the ball period, both blocking scheme & personel would be better suited, at least a little more play action to keep them honest & with a back like Reggie Bush they would have to respect that
Old 10-11-2005   #14
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Bush isn't near as effective if you only play him as a RB though. Much like Desmond Howard, Rocket Ismail and Peter Warrick who were effective because their teams created ways to get them the ball...not just throwing it to them because they were WRs.

If you want a true RB, you're better off drafting his teammate Lindale White.
Old 10-11-2005   #15
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Reggie Bush wouldn't nearly have the success here with this terrible line. I would trade with another team that wants him (like San Diego did with Vick). Get our LT and another pick and build the team the right way by starting with the line.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005   #16
beerlover
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge
Bush isn't near as effective if you only play him as a RB though. Much like Desmond Howard, Rocket Ismail and Peter Warrick who were effective because their teams created ways to get them the ball...not just throwing it to them because they were WRs.

If you want a true RB, you're better off drafting his teammate Lindale White.
WR's

Desmond Howard 5'9" 176
Rocket Ismail 5'10" 175
Peter Warrick 5' 11" 192

RB's

Clinton Portis 5'11" 212
Cadillac Williams 5'11" 217
Curtis Martin 5'11" 210

All Around

Reggie Bush 6'0" 205

my bad he doesn't just fit the prototypical RB mold, he fits virtually all offensive positions and cannot be defined by a single position. gee I'm not sure how or if the Texans could use someone like that

Michael Ventre, MSNBC.com:
"Bush is young and multi-talented. He's a running back. He's a receiver. He's a kick returner. He's a punt returner. He's even a passer. If you try to pigeonhole him, you'd better have lots of pigeonholes.

Gary Klein, Los Angeles Times:
"Keith Gilbertson half-jokingly labeled the situation unfair. Bill Doba called the potential problems monstrous. Mike Riley found only one word to describe it-horrible. That's what these Pac-10 coaches said when asked to assess difficulties created for defenses when Reggie Bush lines up as a receiver."

Todd Harmonson, Orange County Register:
"The easy comparison is to Marshall Faulk because of the similarity in all-around games, but those who saw Gale Sayers recognize the speed, spins and spellbinding cuts...He is a speed demon who sees Christmas morning when a linebacker tries to defend him and a winnable challenge when a quick corner draws the assignment...Off the field, Bush is a quiet leader who is on track to graduate in 3 years."

Last edited by beerlover; 10-11-2005 at 06:25 AM.
Old 10-11-2005   #17
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Love to have him....if our O-LINE wasn't so bad.....I.E. BARRY SANDERS.
Texas_Thrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005   #18
Huge
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover
WR's

Desmond Howard 5'9" 176
Rocket Ismail 5'10" 175
Peter Warrick 5' 11" 192

RB's

Clinton Portis 5'11" 212
Cadillac Williams 5'11" 217
Curtis Martin 5'11" 210

All Around

Reggie Bush 6'0" 205

my bad he doesn't just fit the prototypical RB mold, he fits virtually all offensive positions and cannot be defined by a single position. gee I'm not sure how or if the Texans could use someone like that

Michael Ventre, MSNBC.com:
"Bush is young and multi-talented. He's a running back. He's a receiver. He's a kick returner. He's a punt returner. He's even a passer. If you try to pigeonhole him, you'd better have lots of pigeonholes.

Gary Klein, Los Angeles Times:
"Keith Gilbertson half-jokingly labeled the situation unfair. Bill Doba called the potential problems monstrous. Mike Riley found only one word to describe it-horrible. That's what these Pac-10 coaches said when asked to assess difficulties created for defenses when Reggie Bush lines up as a receiver."

Todd Harmonson, Orange County Register:
"The easy comparison is to Marshall Faulk because of the similarity in all-around games, but those who saw Gale Sayers recognize the speed, spins and spellbinding cuts...He is a speed demon who sees Christmas morning when a linebacker tries to defend him and a winnable challenge when a quick corner draws the assignment...Off the field, Bush is a quiet leader who is on track to graduate in 3 years."
Basically what I'm saying is his collegiate dominance doesn't translate to the same in the NFL. I can see him playing a role similar to what Marshall Faulk does/did but I don't think he's as good of a RB as Faulk (but I think he's a better receiver).

I would post quotes of sports writers that also support this view but I don't hold their (sports writers) opinions too highly.
Old 10-11-2005   #19
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4640 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

A talent no doubt, but not what we NEED.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005   #20
HeHateMe
Rookie

If we do get the first overall pick, and it's looking like it so far. I think we should trade down a couple of spots and pick up a couple of more 2nd and 3rd round picks. Then again Casserly hasn't drafted that well in the later rounds.

We are just doomed!!!!!
HeHateMe is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read