Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-10-2005   #1
SESupergenius

Default FIRE Casserly Riot!

If Capers gets a Fire Club sticky, I think the Riots over Casserly needing to be fired should be one too. I'll start it, I've even made an avatar.

Thing is, all this was pointed out well before the 1st down of preseason, so really, how much of this is on Capers?? We knew well before hand that our defense was going to suffer, that our offensive line didn't change for the better, and that our system is just arcaic.

All aboard!!!!!
Old 10-10-2005   #2
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3366 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

LOL. Hey SES, you mind if I use your avatar?
Old 10-10-2005   #3
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3366 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great One
I wish there was an avatar for both. I think we have the momentum with the Fire Capers Club, but I am with you on the Cass front as well.
Can I use your also?
Old 10-10-2005   #4
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Rep Power: 28 HardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performer

There's not enough room for the Avators for all the clubs I need to join!
Old 10-10-2005   #5
SESupergenius

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
LOL. Hey SES, you mind if I use your avatar?
HAve at it, they are all open source and free!
Old 10-10-2005   #6
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 213437 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not ready to give up on Charlie Casserly. He's one of the more respected GMs in the NFL, and he is an expert on salary cap management.

I say we replace the coaching staff, and if certain trends continue, then perhaps CC will be the next target of our wrath.

But Casserly doesn't coach or call plays, and that is where the root of our problem is, IMO.
Old 10-10-2005   #7
CowboysTexansFan
Veteran

I'm on board with the club, though I wish I could join the fire Capers one as well.

It's time for Charley ("Heath Shuler") Casserly to get the boot.

The coaching is horrible, but so is the talent. That's all on Casserly.
CowboysTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-10-2005   #8
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 112052 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius
If Capers gets a Fire Club sticky, I think the Riots over Casserly needing to be fired should be one too. I'll start it, I've even made an avatar.

Thing is, all this was pointed out well before the 1st down of preseason, so really, how much of this is on Capers?? We knew well before hand that our defense was going to suffer, that our offensive line didn't change for the better, and that our system is just arcaic.

All aboard!!!!!
Good concept (I think we should fire them all and start it all over myself)...but they will both come down tonight (as far as stickies)...I was going to take down the other one today sometime anyhoo fwiw

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005   #9
CowboysTexansFan
Veteran

Why are you going to take them down?
CowboysTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005   #10
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 112052 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

ugh...people...they wont go away. They just won't be stuck to the top of this place.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005   #11
AlexVanderpool
Veteran

Im down for the riot as well, and will put optimus on hold for the riot avatar.
AlexVanderpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005   #12
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 165633 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

SES I'm saving your avatar to my "folder-o-kick-butt-avatars". That one is a winner!
Old 10-10-2005   #13
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 11712 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
I'm not ready to give up on Charlie Casserly. He's one of the more respected GMs in the NFL, and he is an expert on salary cap management.

I say we replace the coaching staff, and if certain trends continue, then perhaps CC will be the next target of our wrath.

But Casserly doesn't coach or call plays, and that is where the root of our problem is, IMO.
I'm with ya on that view DB... can't quite be against Casserly yet, I guess mainly as I've heard more positive things about him prior to Texans and the respect he has from multiple sources. Capers, eh - not so much.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005   #14
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 28048 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Houston, we are going to need more gasoline.

Get those refineries ready for full production, the front office may go up in a blaze of futility with the amount of gasoline we are pouring on this train wreck.
Old 10-10-2005   #15
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 158250 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

I am not taking a stance on Casserly just yet. I do find it amusing, however, that people keep mentioning Heath Shuler in connection to Casserly. You do know that, in addition to Shuler, he also picked eight of the starters on defense for that Redskins SB team, right? As far as the Redskins should be concerned, he hit more than he missed.

For OUR team, which is all I am concerned about, his track record is not so great yet. I don't know enough just yet to responsibly claim that Casserly is the problem. I do know that we drafted players that other teams showed just as much interest in - yet we've failed to develop them. If that happens a couple times, you say the player was a bust. If it happens consistently, you have to start looking at development through coaching.
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005   #16
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 53922 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

I am more for this than the Capers thing. That is why I put Casserly on the right of my avatar as the "dumber".
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005   #17
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33516 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm on the fence on this one. I don't think Casserly is to blame for as much as fans think he's responsible for. I do think he's responsible for some risky moves like drafting Ragone when we had much more pressing needs for a 1st day pick. The Henson deal ended up netting a 3rd so it evens out somewhat. If Casserly is directly responsible for pulling the Babin or the Buchanon trades then he needs to go. I just don't think he was.

Either way, you won't find me shedding a tear if Casserly loses his job. We need a change and no change could be too big for this club.
Old 10-10-2005   #18
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Man yall need to be at the games with these signs. The front office needs to know that losing will not be acceptable.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005   #19
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

You know you also got to remember that guys like Kenny Wright were let go. That dude is starting in Jville and was a more than serviceable back up that could've been a great starter.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005   #20
exclude
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
You know you also got to remember that guys like Kenny Wright were let go. That dude is starting in Jville and was a more than serviceable back up that could've been a great starter.
...And of course other guys like Marlon Mcree, who had 2 INTs this week, Steve Foley, James Posey yadda yadda yadda yadda..
exclude is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read