Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-10-2005   #1
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas
Default Jerome Mathis

I think this guy showed a little reason why he should be our 2nd receiver yesterday. He proved he can catch the ball and we all know hes super fast. I'd like to hear what others think so post up!
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005   #2
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree 100%
Mathis proved he can play.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005   #3
TigerV1
All Pro

Rep Power: 91 TigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yep. Mathis was the silver lining on yesterday's game. I think he proved himself. And for gosh sakes, please don't ever play Bradford again. I can't stomach seeing him play one more down.
TigerV1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005   #4
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerV1
Yep. Mathis was the silver lining on yesterday's game. I think he proved himself. And for gosh sakes, please don't ever play Bradford again. I can't stomach seeing him play one more down.
I thought this was bradford's best game in a while, which tells you something. Mathis didnt look that quick during his returns, but he smoked a corner when carr overthrew him. also made a nice catch over the middle and almost pulled one out one-handed. we must play him more often to get carr another option, too bad we wont have enough time to throw the ball deep to him.
Old 10-10-2005   #5
wrestler4life
Veteran

He only had 2 catches...what does that prove?
(not being a hater, because I did not see game, just curious)
wrestler4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005   #6
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestler4life
He only had 2 catches...what does that prove?
(not being a hater, because I did not see game, just curious)
His two catches were nice, slants over the middle, and he burned a guy on a deep route but carr overthrew it, it would have been a sure td.
Old 10-10-2005   #7
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

Carr led him out of bounds on a deep route and then did not have time to hit him on several blitzes were he got open. Mathis ran good routes and proved he will catch the ball. A bright spot in the return game. If there was anything to look forward to it would be seeing Mathis out there.
Coach C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-10-2005   #8
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Rep Power: 28 HardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach C.
Carr led him out of bounds on a deep route and then did not have time to hit him on several blitzes were he got open. Mathis ran good routes and proved he will catch the ball. A bright spot in the return game. If there was anything to look forward to it would be seeing Mathis out there.
That and Dunta Robinson consistantly shutting his side of the field down.
Old 10-10-2005   #9
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh man, i wish that one ball was not overthrown. Highlight of the game right there.
Old 10-10-2005   #10
Bassinguy
Rookie

Unfortunately, most of David's deep passes are overthrown. Some are his fault, but most are due to lack of time to set properly before he releases the ball. With Mathis on the field, maybe Carr should do like he did AJ's first year. Throw it up and let him go get it.
Bassinguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005   #11
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

He looked good for coming from a small college. He caught the ball and was quick. Quick question though. Why did we run the reverse with Jabar Gaffney and not Mathis? Mathis is quicker and wouldnt fumble a yard before the endzone (battle red day vs Jacksonville last year cough cough)!
Old 10-12-2005   #12
rmartin65
I'm Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORK 88
He looked good for coming from a small college. He caught the ball and was quick. Quick question though. Why did we run the reverse with Jabar Gaffney and not Mathis? Mathis is quicker and wouldnt fumble a yard before the endzone (battle red day vs Jacksonville last year cough cough)!
i think he was taking a breather.
Old 10-12-2005   #13
blockhead83
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to blockhead83

Mathis looked as good as could be expected considering the situation he's in right now. He already has one advantage on Bradford - He catches the ball. He needs to see alot more play time, and alot more deep passes his way on those go routes.
blockhead83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005   #14
rmartin65
I'm Score

it says that he has a knee injury and is questionable. should we be worried?
Old 10-13-2005   #15
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

Negative. Theres only been 1 report of that and from the word I got its a minor knee sprain. A little wrap and he will be ready to go at full speed. No Problem at all.
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005   #16
rmartin65
I'm Score

thanks.
Old 10-13-2005   #17
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

It really wasn't all the catches but it was also the fact that he was still playing hard in a loss cause. I believe Mathis has a hunger that Bradford doesn't have. You want a guy in there that is HONGRY like Mathis is because he is going to make the contagious plays that this offense needs.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005   #18
touttail
All Pro

He's now saying he has a hurt knee. I know he's fast, but is he fragile????

bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005   #19
wrestler4life
Veteran

It is not hurt, just swollen. It is hard to move as you usually do when that happens.
wrestler4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005   #20
rmartin65
I'm Score

ive been looking around, its not said that he is injured at some sites.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read