Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-09-2005   #1
Large_Ant
Rookie

Default Seahawks fans checking in...

I know it's still a little early but just wanted to check in to say "we come in peace". I see know reason why we'd be throwing dirt over the coming game since we have zero history and no real vested interest in seeing the each other's teams do poorly (other than this Sunday of course).

Anyway, here's to good discussion during the week and a good, injury free game on Sunday. We didn't do so good on that whole "injury free" part this week but that's football.

Anyway, I'm sure there'll be more 'Hawk fans coming through int the next few days. I'm actually kind of glad we're facing an opponent this week that we have no bad blood with. The mud slinging kind of wears you out after a while. Anyway, cheers. Great looking board.

Last edited by Large_Ant; 10-10-2005 at 12:42 AM.
Large_Ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #2
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't worry. We'll be lucky if our whole team shows up without any uniforms on backwards. We don't care anymore, anyway. We need you to beat the crap out of our team so we can fire the *****s running it.

How's that for friendly banter?

signed: Bob McNair and David Carr's wife.

P.S.-We're gonna beat you down next Sunday.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #3
Large_Ant
Rookie

Hilarious post. Believe me, I know where you're coming from. There have been very few years where we've outright sucked because that would be too easy. No, no, no. The way we do it is to build a team with all the potential for greatness, put ourselves in position to be amazing, and then fire one into our left pinky toe gettin' it out of the holster.

At least when you have really terrible years, you get great draft picks to give you hope. The Seahawks are perpetually mediocre - not good enough to win in the post season but not bad enough to pick any true impact players. And yet every year, we're more hopeful than the last.

Everybody has their poison, our just tastes a little different. It'll get better.

By the way, that Avatar kicks ***.
Old 10-09-2005   #4
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Large_Ant
Thanx. Can't even remember where I stole it from now, lol. I've seen at least one other poster with it, though, so apparently other people know where I stole it from.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005   #5
Large_Ant
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72
Thanx. Can't even remember where I stole it from now, lol. I've seen at least one other poster with it, though, so apparently other people know where I stole it from.
Either that or they just stole it from you...
Old 10-10-2005   #6
touttail
All Pro

Man, you guys came alive Sunday!
Please petition your coaches up there to take it easy on us. We are in a world of hurt right now!

Good luck and let's hope for no injuries!

bobby 119C :brickwall
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005   #7
Johnny Utah
All Pro

You guys are looking good. I think you should be able to stomp us by 20 points.
Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-10-2005   #8
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109917 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Welcome aboard Large_Ant. Your offense was impressive Sunday and Hasslebeck did me right in my fantasy leagues.... Ya know, I've been an NFL fan since the Oilers were back to back 1-13 in the early 70's and I know that every team has their dark years (tough league), but I never expected ours to start in year 4.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005   #9
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 28048 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Careful Hawk Fank your team may awaken our sleeping giant of a football team. Carr is the second coming of Flash Gordon. Yes I am delusional for comparing our franchise QB to an awful Hollywood remake of a comic book, but I have never endured an 0-4 start before.
Old 10-10-2005   #10
Large_Ant
Rookie

You guys crack me up. It's funny how consoling fantasy football can be, isn't it? At least if your real team is doing bad, you can salvage the day at least a little bit if your fantasy team is doing alright. Of course you always feel just a little dirty when the Hawks (Texans in your case) are gettin smoked because Torry Holt is going off and you've got him on your fantasy team.

Two years ago, any RB on my roster that was playing the Hawks defense was a guaranteed play. We couldn't stop a slow fat kid that year even if we put cupcakes in all of the defenders pockets. Just pathetic.

On a Texans note, what's the over/under on games before Capers & Co. are fired if this trend continues? I know they already sacrificed one lamb (the OC was it?) but at some point, the Gods will want more. Any thoughts on who you guys would want as a successor (and don't say Holmgren!!)?

And how about Carr? What's the patience level like around here for him? Do most people feel it's his fault or that he's just doing what he can until they can bolster that O-line? IMO, Dominic Davis is pretty good and Andre Johnson is a freakin' stud if you can get the ball to him. If you do end up with a top five pick this year, any thoughts on who you'd want? D'Brickshaw Ferguson should be lookin' mighty tasty right now.

D'Brickshaw. What the hell was Momma Ferguson smoking when she named that kid? Don't her and Momma Burress know you're not supposed to touch that when you're pregnant?
Old 10-10-2005   #11
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

Hey there LargeAnt. I'll admit, I've never been a fan of the Seahawks until Warren Moon and now Jamie Sharper went there.

I hope that our guys make this competitive. And please tell Holmgren to take it easy on Carr. Actually tell Sharper to take it easy on Carr. After that hit Robaire Smith put on McNair yesterday, i can actually see that happening.

Other than that good game yesterday and here's to friendly posting this week and on Sunday.
Old 10-10-2005   #12
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109917 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You guys crack me up. It's funny how consoling fantasy football can be, isn't it? At least if your real team is doing bad, you can salvage the day at least a little bit if your fantasy team is doing alright. Of course you always feel just a little dirty when the Hawks (Texans in your case) are gettin smoked because Torry Holt is going off and you've got him on your fantasy team.

Two years ago, any RB on my roster that was playing the Hawks defense was a guaranteed play. We couldn't stop a slow fat kid that year even if we put cupcakes in all of the defenders pockets. Just pathetic.
true dat. I enjoyed some great NFL action Sunday but unfortunately it wasn't until after 3pm.
Quote:
On a Texans note, what's the over/under on games before Capers & Co. are fired if this trend continues? I know they already sacrificed one lamb (the OC was it?) but at some point, the Gods will want more. Any thoughts on who you guys would want as a successor (and don't say Holmgren!!)?
I think he makes it till the end of the year based on the demeanor of Bob McNair the owner.
Quote:
And how about Carr? What's the patience level like around here for him? Do most people feel it's his fault or that he's just doing what he can until they can bolster that O-line?
Thoughts are mixed on Carr. The saddest part of trying to figure out if your multi-million dollar guy has "got it" is that he can't operate in a fair situation if the Coaches can't figure out how to fix protections. Our best pass blocking tackle is Chester Pitts and he hasn't played a snap on the edge while we have a guy better suited for RT or G playing LT in Riley - a guy who has never in his history been considered a good pass blocker at that. Last year the biggest problem was the inside rush. This year the Tackles are playing worse than the inside guys and the inside guys make mental mistake after mental mistake and haven't gotten any better.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005   #13
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10234 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72
We don't care anymore, anyway. We need you to beat the crap out of our team so we can fire the *****s running it.
Speak for yourself
Malloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005   #14
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Rep Power: 28 HardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performer

Welcome large ant. I really doubt you'll get too much smack talk from Texans fans here. We're all pretty solid fans. That being said, with every passing week our eyes become a little more open, leading to many thinking we may have a perfect season! 0-16??

Anyways, I'm curious about Seatles overall feeling on Sharper. How is he doing for your team this year???
Old 10-10-2005   #15
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 61582 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hilarious post. Believe me, I know where you're coming from. There have been very few years where we've outright sucked because that would be too easy. No, no, no. The way we do it is to build a team with all the potential for greatness, put ourselves in position to be amazing, and then fire one into our left pinky toe gettin' it out of the holster.

At least when you have really terrible years, you get great draft picks to give you hope. The Seahawks are perpetually mediocre - not good enough to win in the post season but not bad enough to pick any true impact players. And yet every year, we're more hopeful than the last.

Everybody has their poison, our just tastes a little different. It'll get better.

Thanks for coming in peace. I am glad you posted this as a Seahawks fan, because I used your organization as model of being in perpetual football pergatory (on another board) and that in some ways is more frustrating than just being poor and getting to start over. At the begining of this season, some of us were quietly scared that the Texans were about to turn into the Seahawks or Saints. At this point, we were worrting for nothing.
ArlingtonTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005   #16
Bullpen Drew
All Pro

Default Love the hawks

I respect the HAWKS!

BTW, Try the Bullpen Drew BBQ joint! Our motto...

"Nobody beats my meat!"
Bullpen Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005   #17
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the Texans will play better if its cold wet and rainy, which in Seattle there is a solid chance. Right now the Texans can't even figure out when to open the roof @ Relient, the first opening week the fans got toasted, not just by the Steelers but a heat index over 115 degrees. This week we had a beautiful, clear & cool day in the upper 70's lower 80's and they shut the roof. what a mess
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005   #18
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Default Looking at the Seahawks ... watching us

This is almost funny. They are afraid to come and play at the funny farm.
Care to go and visit them?
http://mb25.scout.com/fseahawksinsid...ID=17412.topic
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005   #19
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3366 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'l leave them be. We are officially the laughing stock of the NFL. You know it's bad when other teams fans won't come and run a little smack the week before the game because they feel sory for you...
Old 10-10-2005   #20
CajunTexan
Veteran

You know what, Hawk fan has nothing to feel so high and mighty about!!! If they beat us 45-0, and that is a real possibility, what does it prove about their team. How long have they been in the league? How many playoff wins do they have? I for one, do not need hawk fans pity!!!!!!
CajunTexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read