Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 10-09-2005   #1
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

Default 7 round texan mock draft

1) OT Marcus McNeill, Auburn - an athlete with amazing size(6'9" 337lbs) who knows how to finish blocks.

2) DE/OLB Darryl Tapp, Virginia Tech - a proven playmaker who can get to the QB in a hurry, this years David Pollack.

3a) CB Will Blackmon, Boston College - this pick give the hope for the future in case Buchanon can't improve.

3b) TE Jeff King, Virginia Tech - King has the size(6'5" 246lbs) to block as well as be able to make the hard catches.

4) DT Kwakou Robinson, Virginia - Robinson is reunited with London and has a lot of experience in a 3-4.

5) OG Matt Lentz, Michigan - a guard who can do it all and will take over for Wiegert when he hangs it up.

6) WR Maurice Stovall, Notre Dame - a huge(6'5" 220lbs) target who will make his living in the endzone and over the middle

7) S Tyrone Culver, Fresno St - a solid safty who could eventually stick with the team.
Old 10-09-2005   #2
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

Feel free to leave your imput.

Last edited by F-minus67; 10-09-2005 at 07:30 PM. Reason: spelling
F-minus67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #3
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't forget to trade 2, 3a, 3b and rd4 for Justin Fargas and Oakland's 3rd round pick in 2006

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #4
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Don't forget to trade 2, 3a, 3b and rd4 for Justin Fargas and Oakland's 3rd round pick in 2006
That's right, you can't be a Certified Draft Genius Riverboat Gambler Type if you aren't willing to trade the whole draft for that one player who can put you over the top (and a pick to trade with later!)
Old 10-09-2005   #5
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 121565 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

1. o-line
2. o-line
3a. o-line
3b. o-line
4. o-line
5. o-line
6. o-line
7. punter

draft analysis:

A++

the texans finally address their porous line issues. brilliant. also 05 sadly marked the end of punter chad stanley's carreer. after setting the nfl record for punts in a season he had carreer ending hyper-extended-ingrown-athletes foot-knee contusion-ittis.

in other news casserly sets a trend of cost cutting measures by drafting at least 1 player from a medical school to help the training staff. 7th round picks are after all cheaper then most doctors and its comforting to have players with the versatility to play both ways.
Old 10-09-2005   #6
Elite
Veteran

1 Matt LionHeart
2-5 O line
6-7 O-line
Old 10-10-2005   #7
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

Why are people so down on D'Brickashaw Ferguson. I understand that he is only like 300 pounds, but if thats the only problem then thats a stupid reason to take someone else over him. He has the best footwork and quickness in the draft, which is a must if you are going to play D'Wight Freeny twice a year, and he can always gain weight.
Old 10-10-2005   #8
Johnny Utah
All Pro

Mel Kiper has Marcus McNeil sliding out of the top 5 Tackles in his college football positional rankings.
Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005   #9
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah
Mel Kiper has Marcus McNeil sliding out of the top 5 Tackles in his college football positional rankings.
Kiper lost me last year when he had Dan Cody as the #1 player overall. I do believe McNeil is not a top ten pick though.

McNeil was given a third round grade by the advisory committee last year. I'm not sure what D'Brick would have got, but it had to be better than a third round grade.
Old 10-10-2005   #10
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-minus67
1) OT Marcus McNeill, Auburn - an athlete with amazing size(6'9" 337lbs) who knows how to finish blocks.

2) DE/OLB Darryl Tapp, Virginia Tech - a proven playmaker who can get to the QB in a hurry, this years David Pollack.

3a) CB Will Blackmon, Boston College - this pick give the hope for the future in case Buchanon can't improve.

3b) TE Jeff King, Virginia Tech - King has the size(6'5" 246lbs) to block as well as be able to make the hard catches.

4) DT Kwakou Robinson, Virginia - Robinson is reunited with London and has a lot of experience in a 3-4.

5) OG Matt Lentz, Michigan - a guard who can do it all and will take over for Wiegert when he hangs it up.

6) WR Maurice Stovall, Notre Dame - a huge(6'5" 220lbs) target who will make his living in the endzone and over the middle

7) S Tyrone Culver, Fresno St - a solid safty who could eventually stick with the team.
Here's my input: McNeill doesn't have the quickness to play LT in the NFL; if Tapp is this year's Pollack, he won't be available in the 2nd round; Blackmon wants to play WR full time so I don't see us drafting him at CB; King is alright, but I'd rather have Tim Day; Robinson is too weak to play NT, even at 330 pounds, and not quick enough to be an effective 3-4 DE; I like Lentz; someone will take a chance on Stovall before round 6 -- if not, he would be an absolute steal there; I haven't seen enough of Culver to pass judgement on him...

Personally, my picks would go something like this:
1. D'Brick Ferguson, OT, Virginia
2. Leonard Pope, TE, Georgia
3a. Greg Eslinger, C, Minnesota
3b. Ced Griffin, CB, Texas
4. Manny Lawson, DE/OLB, NC State
5. Dale Robinson, ILB, Arizona State
6. Montavious Stanley, DT, Louisville
7. Rhema McKnight, WR, Notre Dame
D-ReK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005   #11
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

The reason why I didn't pick Ferguson is that he recently injured his knee and I didn't know the extent of it.
Old 12-08-2005   #12
Holden135
Veteran

Im not an expert on judging o-lineman so i will leave that for you guys to argue but i would love Tapp at olb. I think he could easily be a 10+ sack man year in and year out but i wouldn't be surprised if he were gone by our second round pick.
Holden135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005   #13
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

I made this mock a while ago and it was before I realised that McNeill was going to be a RT at the next level.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read