Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Which is it?
Cheer loud and hard all game long! I love this team and we should be proud to have them! 21 33.33%
Cheer and be supportive if they give me ANY reason at all to be optimistic. 20 31.75%
Cheer for the Cowboys. At least they play in Texas... 2 3.17%
Cheer for the Saints. They take on Atlanta this week in SA. 1 1.59%
Find something better to do than waste 3 hours. 19 30.16%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-09-2005   #1
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 57275 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default What are you going to on Sundays?

What will you do this Sunday while the Texans are manhandled by the Seattle Seahawks?
gtexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #2
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

Go to church in the morning. Say a prayer for this team that they get it together and get the W. Some homework, laundry, watch the Astros and St. Louis. - Go 'Stros!!! Then watch the game.
Old 10-09-2005   #3
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 89407 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

i'll be at work till 3pm. saturday night i'll set my vcr...but when i find out what a beating we recieve i wont have the stomache to watch it then. i'll wait till the shock of another numbing performance is passed and watch the game tuesday.

what will i be doing sunday? i'll be in denial all over again and i'll cope with my deep seated texans issues by having a beer.
Old 10-09-2005   #4
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 24376 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

I'll watch till it makes me naseous.

Buffalo - lasted till the half. Pittsburgh - lasted till the half, but stayed to mid 4th cause it was a home opener. Cincinnati - actually, watched the whole thing as they played better than the previous two games, didn't get nauseous till the end. Tennessee - kept my interest till mid-3rd and stayed till mid-4th.

I'll cheer loud and hard for my team... but man it's tough during the lean years.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #5
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 17854 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

sit in my office on the computer with the doggies watching the tv
Old 10-09-2005   #6
William.carter
Veteran

I'll cheer them on until i'm Steel Blue in the face and my Battle Red blood boils. AS pissed as I am by their performance thus far, i'm still a fan and I support my team in good times and in bad.

William.carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #7
NFLforher
All Pro

Pray for David Carr's safety.
NFLforher is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-09-2005   #8
Texas_Heat
Veteran

Feel bad,then hope this is the week they fire Dom Capers and that next week Charley Casserly is gone.
Greatest Metal Bands: #1 VENOM # 2 SLAYER.
Texas_Heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #9
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 89551 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

same thing i've been doing this whole year. i'll ignore that i've got season tix and stay home (wont leave my team during the game if i'm there, but have no problem finding something else to do at home ... being an away game i dont feel guilty for choosing that option). i'll tune in excitedly to watch the fox pregame and switch to cbs (espn) for kickoff with high hopes. will most likely look to beer as comfort somewhere around half-time. completely lose interest somewhere in the 3rd quarter. come here for analysis of how pathetic we were by more enlightened observers than myself later in the evening (and harp on how i've wanted to fire capers since he was announced as coach). pull the tequila bottle out at the end of the night in hopes of forgetting the day, and hope that things cant be as bad next week.
Old 10-09-2005   #10
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Well I'll be in Seattle wearing Steel blue, Liberty white, and Battle red watching the game.

As for every other game, I'll be doing the same. I have given up on the coaching staff ( Actually I did last year and caught all sorts of crap for my signature I had for most of the year "This team will never be a playoff contender until we have a new coaching staff.") but I will not give up on this team or my pride and love for it.

GO TEXANS!!
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #11
Elite
Veteran

Cheer loud and hard all game long! I love this team and we should be proud to have them!

And they will make me proud with a perfect season 0-16 pesky packers and Cardinals think they can suck as bad as we do but we will show them no one sucks as much as we do 0-16 guys make me proud.
Old 10-09-2005   #12
stephen1
Veteran

i know this goes against all the texans stand for in but i have to root for the cowboys. i was a fan when i was younger and wont support this load of bull **** anymore
stephen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #13
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen1
i know this goes against all the texans stand for in but i have to root for the cowboys. i was a fan when i was younger and wont support this load of bull **** anymore
Have fun Stephen, enjoy your new team.
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #14
Elite
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando
Hopefully we can win next week against Seattle in prime time.

You must be on crack for having those ideas our Qb will make sure we dont win go carr go on with your BAD SELF
Old 10-09-2005   #15
stephen1
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans Pride
Have fun Stephen, enjoy your new team.
im a fan of pro football and as of late the texans dont qualify
stephen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #16
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Im not going to be making any trips down to houston to watch the game in Reliant like I usually do.. but ill still be cheering from my couch up here in College Station.

I love this team.. but I want the coaches gone. all of them.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #17
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 297218 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
I love this team.. but I want the coaches gone. all of them.
Exactly

I'll watch every minute of every game - good or bad. I'm not quitting my team just because I want a coaching change.
Old 10-09-2005   #18
Large_Ant
Rookie

Wink

For what it's worth, Seahawk fans aren't putting this one in the W column just yet. We're all too familiar with that whole "Any given Sunday" thing.
Large_Ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #19
kbourda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34 kbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respected

I tell ya, Boys and Girls, this is what being loyal fans are all about. I'm going to get my snacks ready, like I always do, and watch the game on Sunday night and hope for the best.
Old 10-09-2005   #20
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Shoot, I didn't even watch the game today. Well, very little. They needed to beat the lowly Titans to prove to me that they were worth watching and they couldn't even do that. I'll tape the games, but those tapes will just get taped over when they prove me right. I'm way more entertained by this message board than I am by the team itself.

Course, I'm a little weird anyway.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read