Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-21-2004   #1
Texizgreat
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Texizgreat Send a message via Yahoo to Texizgreat
Default Symons signs

With Symons on will that push Ragone out? Is Ragone worth keeping with Carr Banks and now Symons? Any Ideas how this will shake out?
Texizgreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004   #2
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texizgreat
With Symons on will that push Ragone out? Is Ragone worth keeping with Carr Banks and now Symons? Any Ideas how this will shake out?
They are not cutting a 3rd round pick for a 7th round pick coming off knee surgery, and especailly when the #2 QB is in a contract year. Symons will probably be on the PUP list and/or the practice squad this season...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004   #3
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Yep, Ragone isn't going anywhere. Symons will end up on the practice squad.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004   #4
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Yeah I believe there was a piece on HoustonTexans.com in which Capers praised Ragone's improvement from last season. I admit that Symons intrigues me, but I do not believe he will push anyone this season after his injury. I expect him to take the number 3 job behind Ragone in 2005.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004   #5
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

i know it's the red raider in me but i hope symons pushes ragone to the practice squad...although more than likely it will be symons on the pup list
Old 07-22-2004   #6
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyfro
i know it's the red raider in me but i hope symons pushes ragone to the practice squad...although more than likely it will be symons on the pup list
Ragone is not eligible for the practice squad. It is only for players who have not accrued a full season of NFL experience, and free agents who were active for less than 9 regular season games the year before during their accrued season.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004   #7
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

I have a feeling that they'll offer either Ragone or Symons up for trade at, say, next year's draft. I have a feeling Casserly realizes that he can continually draft intriguing, but not stud quarterbacks and flipping them for higher picks down the road. I can't say I blame him. It worked for Ron Wolf in GB. Heck, he had Brunell, Kurt Warner, and Ty of the Detmer sisters at one point or another. I think he traded Brunell and Ty for picks that helped stock the Packers for their Superbowl runs. Heck, the Eagles got a 2nd for their 3rd string QB!

I think QB prospects tend to be overvalued by most teams. There's always a chance to trade a back-up QB for a player or a pick that can fill in a starting spot. Back-ups for starters...I'll make a deal like that all day.
Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-22-2004   #8
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulip
I have a feeling that they'll offer either Ragone or Symons up for trade at, say, next year's draft.
thats if they resign Banks, his contract is up after this season....

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004   #9
Texizgreat
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Texizgreat Send a message via Yahoo to Texizgreat

I would hate to see Banks Go he did pretty good when carr was out.
Texizgreat is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read