Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-09-2005   #1
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1341 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected
Default When does Fangio get fired?

Why is Fangio's job safe? Again, his unit got zero sacks and zero pressure on the QB of one of the worst teams in the NFL. The defense is now almost as bad as the offense. Why is no one mentioning that his job should be in jeopardy?
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #2
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food
Why is Fangio's job safe? Again, his unit got zero sacks and zero pressure on the QB of one of the worst teams in the NFL. The defense is now almost as bad as the offense. Why is no one mentioning that his job should be in jeopardy?
I have said all of them and that includes him. If you look at the start of every game the other team takes possession for most of the 1st qtr. Our defense stops nothing and puts immediate pressure on our offense to score when they get the ball because they are already behind. ALL of the COACHES need to go TOMORROW.....

The one exception would be if they went TODAY.....................
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #3
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Agreed!

I've been talking about it since game one....OF THE PRE SEASON......

No pressure on the QB
Can't stop the pass to save a life
Let's the oppenents team run 9:00 of the clock
ZERO turnovers...

Fangio needs to go
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #4
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

I'm not sure I've ever seen a defense this passive. And it causes them to wear themselves out, because they're on the field for really long drives. I would think it would be in the players self-interest to be more aggressive, so I definitely blame the coaching.
Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #5
GoJags16
Rookie

If Capers goes, pretty much his entire coaching staff will go with him I would assume.
GoJags16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #6
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

At this point I think we should fire Fangio now and promote Hoke to DC and see what we have with him. It will put more heat on Capers and send a message to the rest of the coaching staff.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #7
touttail
All Pro

Hopefully tomorrow, after Capers watches the film and analizes things.

Maybe Capers will resign after firing Fangi-must-go!

bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-09-2005   #8
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

I would love to see Hoke at DC
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #9
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

Quote:
I imagine the coaching staff will be replaced at the end of the season. You fire them all now, who will coach them the rest of the season? There are still 12 games to go - really 5 to offically make it a losing season - to validate the firing. Charley will have to go as well.
Old 10-09-2005   #10
karen9977
Rookie

John Hoke's name keeps coming up for HC. Why?? Isn't he the backs coach? What have they done? Intercept?? I don't see where they are any better than any other position, so I ask, Why will Hoke be the savior???
karen9977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #11
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 91895 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen9977
John Hoke's name keeps coming up for HC. Why?? Isn't he the backs coach? What have they done? Intercept?? I don't see where they are any better than any other position, so I ask, Why will Hoke be the savior???
Agreed. Duanta makes Hoke look good. How poor is your defense when a six round round rookie is your starting saftey?

We still have 12 more games to lose so we can draft a left tackle. so dont fire anyone yet, we still have to be worse than the cards and niner's. Thats our left tackle dag gum it, we've earned it.
TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #12
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 89864 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED
Agreed. Duanta makes Hoke look good. How poor is your defense when a six round round rookie is your starting saftey?

We still have 12 more games to lose so we can draft a left tackle. so dont fire anyone yet, we still have to be worse than the cards and niner's. Thats our left tackle dag gum it, we've earned it.
Unless there is a good 'tweener' linebacker three year project we can draft instead.
Old 10-09-2005   #13
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJags16
If Capers goes, pretty much his entire coaching staff will go with him I would assume.
That's the best argument I've heard for firing him, and there's a lot of 'em.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #14
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 74078 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED

The starting 6th rounder is actually one of the few good things we've done recently, it's not just a sign our D is weak. Of course if it wasn't for the injury I doubt our staff would have picked him out to start.

If we draft an LT, that's not a panacea. If we had an LT right now who gave up 0 sacks for the year, we'd still have about 75 sacks at this pace.

Upon further consideration, the other team would just move their best rusher to the other side and have him abuse Wade.
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #15
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner
Upon further consideration, the other team would just move their best rusher to the other side and have him abuse Wade.
YUP, Wade is just as much a turnstyle as the LT one. Both are pretty good run blockers, but couldn't block my wife on a pass rush. Both seem VERY slow a foot.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #16
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppacoffee
Unless there is a good 'tweener' linebacker three year project we can draft instead.
Thats where firing the GM and head coach before the draft is crucial. To be honest, the Texans would have a hard time drawing flies, much less top free agents to Houston without a new coaching staff. Capers and Casserly are fired after the last day of the season. Thats if they don't quit. If the Texans are lucky they trade away the tops overall pick for an experienced yet youthful LT (I really don't want Dave to go through another rookie LT). Otherwise they trade down a couple spots for an extra second and still get their man.
Old 10-16-2005   #17
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1341 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Does Fangio get fired on Monday? How does he continue to get a pass for this pathetic defense?
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005   #18
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Does Fangio get fired on Monday? How does he continue to get a pass for this pathetic defense?
I am glad I looked around at these threads because this idea was my main reason for coming to the board right now.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005   #19
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Arguably Fangio's defense is at least as bad as Palmers offense was. Fangio is still here and Palmer is long gone. Obviously firing Palmer did the trick right? We only gave up what? 42 points and 459 yards tonight?

Yeah, Vic is getting the job done.
Old 10-17-2005   #20
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans Pride
Agreed!

I've been talking about it since game one....OF THE PRE SEASON......

No pressure on the QB
Can't stop the pass to save a life
Let's the oppenents team run 9:00 of the clock
ZERO turnovers...

Fangio needs to go
troy evans got an INT....but its not like the defense earned that turnover. i consider it a gift on a silver platter from hasselbeck.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read