Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-09-2005   #1
yaboycm
Veteran

Default Props to Dunta

Dunta is definitely the best player on this team.

Why can't we draft more players like him? He never quits.
Old 10-09-2005   #2
JmikeT
Rookie

Default Clone Robinson #23

How much better the team if we could just have Dunta play all offensive line positions and QB on offense and pretty much the entire defensive secondary...hmmm I can here Vandameer now...
"Oh what an interception by free safety Robinson coming up to take away a sure score by the Titans... And now on offense, Robinson steps up under center, Robinson snaps the ball to Robinson who drops back passing to (surprise) Matthis 35 yards down the field and Matthis is off to the races! Rock & Roll TOUCHDOWN!!!"

Okay I know it's not a realistic option however the point is Duanta Robinson currently is THE ONLY player on this team who seems to leave it all on the field.
Old 10-09-2005   #3
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

I second that opinion.
Old 10-09-2005   #4
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Just to chime in, yeah, Dunta shows a ton of heart. So does CC Brown. Dunta's far ahead of CC, though, in terms of talent, and I love the fact that he's chosen to become of team leader and call out teammates who are slacking (you know who I mean). Dunta is the man.

And as long as Houston's playing the Titans, Robaire shows up every game too.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #5
yaboycm
Veteran

Quote:
And as long as Houston's playing the Titans, Robaire shows up every game too
There must be a clause in his contract that requires him to only play hard against the Titans.
Old 10-10-2005   #6
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I wanted to make sure that the props for our best player stay on page 1. I really do appreciate his consistent performance through these adverse times. Keep it up DRob!
Old 10-10-2005   #7
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

I'm still amazed that he didn't make the Pro Bowl. He was robbed. Hope he makes it this year. Hopefully this team plays better that his play stands out. So far I'm sure the teams we've played will agree not to throw in his direction. Keep it up, D. Rob. We appreciate the fight in you.
Old 10-10-2005   #8
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

I am probably safe to assume that Dunta is captain/leader of the defense because he was declining or accepting penalties throughout the game.

And yes, the guy played his heart out yesterday. Something we haven't seen on anybody else thus far.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005   #9
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

D-Rob is tremendous and he's probably our one and only hope for the PB
this year. But I'm sure he's a long shot because no matter how deserving,
its too tough for a player to get selected if he's on a team playing as badly as the Texans.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005   #10
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

I just hope that Drob doesnt give up on the Texans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005   #11
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneymoonIsOver
As far as the Pro Bowl goes, if he keeps playing like he did Sunday on a bad team, he WILL make the Pro Bowl. Players know how tough it is to get up for a game that you know your talent/coaching gives you little chance to win, and they will respect and acknowledge that come Pro Bowl time.
I hear you, but I'm thinkin PB selection is based in part on votes by fans and
its tough for players on losing teams to get as much fan support as players on
winning teams. If it were just his peers (other players), I'd feel much better
about his chnaces of going to Honolulu.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005   #12
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

I love when the young, newer guys come in with lots of enthusiasm. Dunta has been a great addition to the team. He still plays with plenty of heart after having a great season under his belt.

I just hope he doesn't get sucked into the loser's mentality of the Texans.
Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005   #13
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
I hear you, but I'm thinkin PB selection is based in part on votes by fans and
its tough for players on losing teams to get as much fan support as players on
winning teams. If it were just his peers (other players), I'd feel much better
about his chnaces of going to Honolulu.
Point is well taken, however in a fandom sort of way it is our duty to keep our only player, whose rep has not been tarnished, in the lime light. And by no means am I saying you would not endorse this.
Old 10-13-2005   #14
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Carter just told me that Texans CB Dunta Robinson will be featured on NFL Network’s 30-minute special Six Days to Sunday. The show will air Thursday at 7:30 p.m. CT on the NFL Network.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005   #15
Dre_80
Rookie

dunta is a good cb but so far he didnt do anything special (in 05)...
Dre_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005   #16
touttail
All Pro

I give profs to Daunta too!
Man that guy is a "head hunter"!!!!!!
Even though we may have a losing record, he deserves a trip to the Pro Bowl!

bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005   #17
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75
Everyone has their favorites, nobody on the team other then the "Pro Bowl" CB w/no turnovers is playing hard.

He is good but he is not the only guy on this team who cares and wants to win.
Hes the only one thats showing it.

Quote:
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Old 10-13-2005   #18
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75
Only one that shows it...................
Who else was screaming and slamming there helmet on the ground in frustration because his teammates were not playing hard.

Quote:
Old 10-13-2005   #19
Paragon Blue
Veteran

Just watched 6 days to Sunday!!!! Dunta is the man. I love the way he battles during the course of a game!!!!!!
Old 10-13-2005   #20
MojoX
Veteran

Rep Power: 447 MojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paragon Blue
Just watched 6 days to Sunday!!!! Dunta is the man. I love the way he battles during the course of a game!!!!!!
Just saw it, too. Robinson is very impressive, both in preparation and in the game. What got me was after shutting down his side of the field (why wasn't he manned-up on Drew Bennat all game?) and only having 3 balls thrown his way, in the end of show interview he says that he needs to go home, look in the mirror and see what else he can do to help his team win. I'm watching this and thinking "Dude... you're a cornerback. There ain't much more you can do when the opposition won't throw at you!"

Another thing, the early TD to the TE for whom Robinson was responsible was a product of a bad play call in the secondary. Robinson ran "brown left" because that was the call he heard, but the coaches wanted "brown right." Don't know who screwed up the call but I just wanted to point that out because mistakes like that might be very prevalent on the field. This type of mistake is a problem with communication and coaching, not talent.
MojoX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read