Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-09-2005   #21
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That ***** also drafted Andre, Peek, & Dunta
Don't give me that Andre crap. We could have made that pick. If the Lions would have taken Andre he would have drafted that dope smoking wuss Rodgers and we would be *****ing about that one too. Andre fell to him. I'll give him the Robinson pick. That was a great pick for us. Peek? All he does is lose playbooks, try the same spin move over and over, and make bone head mistakes. His best pick was DD since it was later in the draft and he has become a good starting tailback.
sakebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #22
throwANDREtheBALL
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to throwANDREtheBALL

Great Thought.

Excellent Thought.

Brilliant.

I vote you in as new GM, you obviously have some common sense.
And I agree........RELOAD. And to all the whiners on this board, who think this is going to take another 4-5 years, well, that depends....if we bring in some GOOD coaches, a GOOD GM, then we'll be competitive every game we're in again. NEXT YEAR. Its attitude that our players need, and if the coach calls plays that shows he's doesn't think they can win, then they won't win. And quit crying about us being a 3-4, and taking another decade to go back to a 4-3.....PUH-LEEEES! There are a lot of good 3-4 coaches out there, that run 3-4 defenses that are superior to Capers impotent 3-4. I can think of DALLAS, SAN DIEGO, PITTSBURGH....so why don't we bring in a defensive genius from a 3-4 team? Dallas switched to it this year and its working quite well for them. And their Rookies are making a huge impact. WOW, what are Casserly's picks doing ?
throwANDREtheBALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #23
JmikeT
Rookie

As much as I dislike this coaching staff, firing in the middle of the season isn't going to help the team. So here's my short list of remedies:
  1. Bench Carr- watching the game fromthe sideline might help him dismiss his happy feet.
  2. Put coaching staff on notice
  3. Fire Receivers' Coach- how many times will we see 2 receivers in the same area or not open at all
  4. drop ZONE blitz and ZONE blocking - these schemes work when you have above avg talent.

Capers is a good coach for a couple of years but that's it. By my estimates he should have been gone after last year...MAX. However, since the year has started we might as well try to finish it out.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read