Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-09-2005   #1
ComstockLode
Veteran

Default Clean House

I understand that coaching changes never turn out well, but it couldnt get worse.

No one on this team plays with any sort of pride. Every player but dunta Robinson has quit on this coaching staff. Bring in an interim, and hopefully someone as crazy as tom coughlin.

Maybe we can play for the second overall pick or something.
ComstockLode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #2
Bottle-O-Bud
Rookie

Default Season Over..... Point of keeping Capers?

I dont know there is really no point of keeping this coach? Why keep this guy?

I'll change the channel now......... I am ashamed to worship this team.

Anybody else feels like Capers can't coach and have poor eye for talent.
Old 10-09-2005   #3
Elite
Veteran

the season was over week 1 when JP Lossman Looked like Joe montana againts us .
Old 10-09-2005   #4
THEFUTURE
All Pro

judging talent is just as much on casserly's shoulders as it is on capers, maybe even more so. fire casserly and find someone that can actually judge talent and potential, firing casserly now doesn't hurt the team as much firing capers would
THEFUTURE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #5
outofhnd
All Pro

LOL fire this fire that no matter who you guys think we should get rid of it dooms this franchise.. We have 2-3 years before we get the players we need to be a winning team. No team can judge talent perfectly all the time. the teams that passed on Randy Moss, Stephen davis, Tom Brady, Emmitt mith are proof of that.
Old 10-09-2005   #6
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

It's obvious this team still has a ways to go to becoming a contender. New coaches will seal that one.
Old 10-09-2005   #7
outofhnd
All Pro

Who wants to coach this team?

We dont have the players to make a coaching change. IF we had more defensive players I would go with the fire the coaches but I wanta 4-3 system in place. the 3-4 is a fluke defense that lacks consistency that the 4-3 provides. if we do make a coaching change change us to a 4-3!

but I dont see a firing takin place unless the players basically tell the owner we need a new staff.
Old 10-09-2005   #8
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 2293 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected

Casserley is the moron in charge and he is the first guy that needs to go. This guy hired Casserley and Palmer. He is responsible for the terrible drafts that we have and the wasted draft picks in getting busts like Babin and Buchanon. The coaching staff sucks, but we will not get better until Casserley is gone.

Last edited by TexansFight; 10-09-2005 at 12:57 PM.
TexansFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #9
outofhnd
All Pro

That ***** also drafted Andre, Peek, & Dunta. he also brought in Robaire, Hes not bad, but the thing is we just need to get more young players.
Old 10-09-2005   #10
ComstockLode
Veteran

The problem isnt how bad we play, it is that no one on that field looks like they give a damn. That comes from the coaching and the leadership on the team. When the GM gets rid of the leadership and the coaches cant get a team motivated and/or playing hard, everyone needs to go.

Its one thing if we dont play hard and we have talent. Its another thing if we play hard and have no talent.

It is beyond comprehension when you have no talent and no one plays hard. :brickwall
Old 10-09-2005   #11
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComstockLode
The problem isnt how bad we play, it is that no one on that field looks like they give a damn. That comes from the coaching and the leadership on the team. When the GM gets rid of the leadership and the coaches cant get a team motivated and/or playing hard, everyone needs to go.

Its one thing if we dont play hard and we have talent. Its another thing if we play hard and have no talent.

It is beyond comprehension when you have no talent and no one plays hard. :brickwall
Dont know about that. You can see the frustration on Carr's face anytime they show him on the sideline, helmet off, on one knee...
Old 10-09-2005   #12
ComstockLode
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by run-david-run
Dont know about that. You can see the frustration on Carr's face anytime they show him on the sideline, helmet off, on one knee...
Well no kidding, just because you arent playing hard doesnt mean you are happy about losing.

What do you expect him to be doing? Smiling with a coors light in one hand and the twins in the other?
Old 10-09-2005   #13
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

Quote:
Well no kidding, just because you arent playing hard doesnt mean you are happy about losing.

What do you expect him to be doing? Smiling with a coors light in one hand and the twins in the other?

At this point it seems like the players are looking to collect the check and run right now. A new coach is inevitable after 1/1/06.
Old 10-09-2005   #14
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

David is playing hard. Not sure what the O-line is doing. The only ones that realy showed up today are Mathis, DD, Dunta, Robair and David. Can't win with only a couple of players playing well on each side of the ball.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #15
kbourda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34 kbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottle-O-Bud
I dont know there is really no point of keeping this coach? Why keep this guy?

I'll change the channel now......... I am ashamed to worship this team.

Anybody else feels like Capers can't coach and have poor eye for talent.
I've often said Capers is in the mold of a Buddy Ryan, excellent defensive coordinator wack as a head coach. Maybe he should work on a new play called a forward pass for the offense.
Old 10-09-2005   #16
karen9977
Rookie

It bothers me greatly when I see players who are lazy, lethargic, and act like they never got off the team bus. For that I don't blame the coaches, but the lazy, lethargic characterless bums that they are!! If I dragged into my job each day and just went through the motions, it wouldn't be because I was waiting for my boss to motivate me. That should come from within. Only worthless people need outside motivation. Seems to me their hand is very motivated on check signing day.
karen9977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #17
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofhnd
LOL fire this fire that no matter who you guys think we should get rid of it dooms this franchise.. We have 2-3 years before we get the players we need to be a winning team. No team can judge talent perfectly all the time. the teams that passed on Randy Moss, Stephen davis, Tom Brady, Emmitt mith are proof of that.

Who is this "Emmitt Mith" you speak of? Is he good and does he play LT?
Old 10-09-2005   #18
JamesLovesGames
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFight
Casserly is responsible for the terrible drafts that we have and the wasted draft picks in getting busts like Babin and Buchanon. The coaching staff sucks, but we will not get better until Casserley is gone.
Buchanon has SOMEWHAT redeemed himself from that one horrible play but still hasn't earned his paycheck. I would have gotten fired for less and I wouldn't compare our pachecks. The cheerleaders are the only we stay. BTW GO ASTROS!
Old 10-09-2005   #19
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

Quote:
I understand that coaching changes never turn out well, but it couldnt get worse.

No one on this team plays with any sort of pride. Every player but dunta Robinson has quit on this coaching staff. Bring in an interim, and hopefully someone as crazy as tom coughlin.

Maybe we can play for the second overall pick or something.
Why would you want to place this team on a qualified coach? I twould be like handing an artist a 16-pack of crayons and say "touch up the Sistine Chapel". I would rather see Capers and Co lose all year. The Texans secure the top spot. Fire the GM for not stopping Capers from these ill-fated trades.
Fire the entire coaching staff except the ST coach. He is doing quite well. Reload and see what comes out of the barrel next year. Just a thought.
Old 10-09-2005   #20
William.carter
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofhnd
Who wants to coach this team?
Lots of coaches would want to take a chance on turning out program around. I really don't think that we are without talent. We just need some coaching and leadership to show them how to win. Someone willing to play to win, not just play not to lose.
William.carter is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read