Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-09-2005   #41
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

If we released our entire o-line, would any team pick up any of them?? I highly doubt it. Hell, the Bengals 3rd string Center looked better than our guys. Pitts might get a back up job somewhere butt the rest of them would fare about as well in free agency as Corey Bradford did.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #42
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 303034 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Carr has his faults, but the folks that want to critique him need to take a week off because that was a slaughter. IF there was a pocket all day, it was so unexpected it is fair to give Carr 1-2 seconds of sheer shock time to recover from seeing something resembling a pocket.

On a side note-DD only managed 173 yds today--obviously he was the reason the Texans lost. And before anyone thinks of responding with oh it was slop yards--DD had 89 yds of rushing before the midpoint of the 2nd quarter when it was a 10 to 6 game--clearly they were giving him those yards.

On a bright note, my daughter looked so cute in my Texans' cowboy hat that she was on TV 3 times during the game. Sorry, had to share--at this point looking for small pleasures.
Old 10-09-2005   #43
SESupergenius

it tells you something when our best lineman is Pitts (this is where I agree with Vinny) But Pitts is an average or below average offensive lineman, so being the best in a group that is the worst means squat. I want accountabiliy. If Pendy is all shout, then he should be yelling at the oline. Does he bench the oline in practice??
Old 10-10-2005   #44
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius
it tells you something when our best lineman is Pitts (this is where I agree with Vinny) But Pitts is an average or below average offensive lineman, so being the best in a group that is the worst means squat. I want accountabiliy. If Pendy is all shout, then he should be yelling at the oline. Does he bench the oline in practice??
They talk about accountability, but the O-line seems to get a free pass. We'll see if that changes this week.
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005   #45
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
Carr has his faults, but the folks that want to critique him need to take a week off because that was a slaughter. IF there was a pocket all day, it was so unexpected it is fair to give Carr 1-2 seconds of sheer shock time to recover from seeing something resembling a pocket.
I thought the same thing when San Fransico announced that their 1st pick Alex Smith would make his start against the Colts.

Quote:
On a side note-DD only managed 173 yds today--obviously he was the reason the Texans lost. And before anyone thinks of responding with oh it was slop yards--DD had 89 yds of rushing before the midpoint of the 2nd quarter when it was a 10 to 6 game--clearly they were giving him those yards.
Davis provides a nice one punch but where is the two punch? Wells does not get the ball enough, I seem to remember last year he provided a nice spark to the running game. is Hollings still on the team? Morency returned one kick-off?

Quote:
On a bright note, my daughter looked so cute in my Texans' cowboy hat that she was on TV 3 times during the game. Sorry, had to share--at this point looking for small pleasures.

just to confirm, have any links?
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005   #46
touttail
All Pro

Riley is another teams has been that was culled.

bobby 119C :brickwall
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005   #47
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know if Riley has anything against Carr, but I could understand if Carr has something against Riley today.
Sponsored links
Old 10-10-2005   #48
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner
I don't know if Riley has anything against Carr, but I could understand if Carr has something against Riley today.
I hope Carr screams bloody murder at his O-line. He seems like a real nice, laid-back, California kid. But somebody has got to do something about this line, and clearly the coaches ain't!!!
Old 10-10-2005   #49
Lucky

Rep Power: 136980 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner
It's not Riley's fault. He has no business playing LT in the NFL. Blame the guys who put him in a position to fail.

Is it just me, or does Riley look much heavier now than during camp?
Old 10-10-2005   #50
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
It's not Riley's fault. He has no business playing LT in the NFL. Blame the guys who put him in a position to fail.

Is it just me, or does Riley look much heavier than during camp?
As I remember it, in coaches sessions they were disappointed in his weight and it was a question whether he would even make the roster. They gave him a weight to make for training camp. It looks like that weight was fairly generous, which he made. Too beat my dead horse, they then gave Riley the starting LT job with no real competition on the field. So I don't know if he is that much heavier than at camp.

You're right, it isn't Riley's fault. He is out there trying to do his job. I know I harp on that LT position a lot, but from I understand Riley is a nice enough guy; nothing agianst him personally. He would have been an upgrade for back-up tackle, and his lack of fitness wouldn't have been such an issue as it is for a starter.
Old 10-10-2005   #51
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Maybe the coaches will hear the diatribes (not likely ours, but perhaps from the sports writers) and bench Riley. Pitts is the only one on the field I've seen who is at least mediocre. I remember gladly last year when all we had to worry about was Wand. At this point I think he is probably hoping to be traded to a team that could use an offensive lineman. Pitts, too. I mean, they are half-way decent players, and the idea around here is to bench anyone who is any good unless they are an impact player...
Old 10-10-2005   #52
TexansStill
Rookie

Default Is Victor Riley payback for pass sins?

I watched the game yesterday and the thing that really ate on me the most was our OL savior VR. He got blew out completely, play after play. Late in the 3rd quarter, it got to the point that he was just falling on the ground in front of his assignment. His assignment then just ran around him. It looks like we are really in for a long season. If VR is not benched starting right now, We should start a serious protest. Believe me I know this this is just the tip of the iceberg, but the tip is really yellow
Old 10-10-2005   #53
BaLou
Rookie

It's quite obvious to all who know football that the OL is not getting the job done and the D is not as good as last year. When you lose players of Sharper and Glenn's caliber, your production is going to go down. That and the coaching has been piss poor.

~BaLou
BaLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005   #54
profan
Veteran

Default Protection For Carr

The only way to protect DC right now is to keep him on the bench. His career is being placed in jeopardy by this line. These coaches have only hurt dc by having him play behind this pathetic line and the human body can only take so much. Please, don't trade him, just bench him and allow him to recover. The next coach will protect him and we will finally be able to see what a taleted QB capers & company almost screwed up.
profan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005   #55
touttail
All Pro

Riley was never a LEFT tackle. He always played right tackle at KC and NO.

bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005   #56
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan
Did you hear the commentator say that someone needs to help Riley? More like someone needs to replace Riley. I can't wait for D'Brickinshaw Ferguson next year.
We would be better going after Eric Winston or the kid from UT. Ferguson and Winston have very similar skill sets, but Ferguson has been hurt all year. Do we really need another Boselli
Coach C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005   #57
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by touttail
Riley was never a LEFT tackle. He always played right tackle at KC and NO.

bobby 119C
His first two years with KC he played RG and then moved to RT. He is better suited at those posistions because he is a mauler with short arms. His footwork and short area quickness is suited more for inline blocking than end rushers. You would expect the coaching staff to know that, but I assume to much.
Coach C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005   #58
THEFUTURE
All Pro

move pitts back to LT, and make mckinney a LG, didn't he used to play that position before coming to the Texans? let Drew Hodgdon get more reps and see some game time, how much worse can it be
THEFUTURE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005   #59
Texton
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLou
It's quite obvious to all who know football that the OL is not getting the job done and the D is not as good as last year. When you lose players of Sharper and Glenn's caliber, your production is going to go down. That and the coaching has been piss poor.

~BaLou
great post
Texton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005   #60
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

My issue is that I am tired of seeing the same twits getting mauled every week. Can anyone tell me what is so wrong with Weary/Wand? Forget playing musical chairs with these tone-deafs. Let's see some fresh blood in there!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read