Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-09-2005   #21
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Usually somebody does good on the O-line, or at least descent. I think I've seen every single one of our linemen blow at least one or two plays, and the game isn't over yet! There was this one shot of McKinney and a couple of the others on the sideline looking ticked off. I wish Carr would pull them to the side and jump down their throats. This is ridiculous!!!!
Old 10-09-2005   #22
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 36043 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan
Did you hear the commentator say that someone needs to help Riley? More like someone needs to replace Riley. I can't wait for D'Brickinshaw Ferguson next year.
If we had a total shut down left tackle we'd only give up about 75 sacks this year. Sweet!
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #23
HoustonHarley
Rookie

If Riley is not benched next week I am going to get sick. That was the poorest performance by an offensive lineman I have ever seen. I would fired him on the spot. All you guys that blame Carr obviously have never played football. I am not talking flag football here pansies. I am talking smash mouth, in your face, 300 lb D lineman crushing you play after play. You say his passes are over throws when he does have time? Of course they are! When you spend more time running for your life or simply getting crushed, how else are you supposed to act when you get an extra second or two? Do you expect him to look like a million bucks after that? If you do, you need to stop watching football today. You will never get it! This is the most pathetic attempt at an offensive line I have ever seen. Bye Bye Capers, I hope your bags are packed. Uncle Charlie.....you are right behind Dom, so you better pack too. And while you guys are packing, hand out some pink slips to that O line!
HoustonHarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #24
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonHarley
If Riley is not benched next week I am going to get sick. That was the poorest performance by an offensive lineman I have ever seen. I would fired him on the spot.

This is the most pathetic attempt at an offensive line I have ever seen. Bye Bye Capers, I hope your bags are packed. Uncle Charlie.....you are right behind Dom, so you better pack too. And while you guys are packing, hand out some pink slips to that O line!
Riley has no business being out there any more. Granted, none of the others do, but I see NO reason for Riley to be out there. One more second on first string is a waste.
Old 10-09-2005   #25
flaco145
Rookie

In year 2 I thought chester pitts was doing fine at LT way fewer sacks that year. Why did they move him back to guard to begin with( I know he played guard in college) .

Laterz
Jeff
flaco145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #26
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaco145
In year 2 I thought chester pitts was doing fine at LT way fewer sacks that year. Why did they move him back to guard to begin with( I know he played guard in college) .

Laterz
Jeff
No, he played Tackle in College.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #27
flaco145
Rookie

Thanks Vinny but then the move is even more perlexing Capers gave areason for moving him I just dont remember why

Laterz
Jeff
flaco145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-09-2005   #28
THEFUTURE
All Pro

dont let David play in the Colts game, dwight freeney will kill david, and i dont feel like having our franchise quarterback needing to be dug out of the ground during that game. let an OL play quarterback, let them know how it feels to be getting hit 50 times a game
THEFUTURE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #29
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 36043 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEFUTURE
dont let David play in the Colts game, dwight freeney will kill david, and i dont feel like having our franchise quarterback needing to be dug out of the ground during that game. let an OL play quarterback, let them know how it feels to be getting hit 50 times a game
If it's Freeny vs. Riley our emergency QB Gaffney better be ready, because I don't think Carr, Banks, Rags is enough depth.
Old 10-09-2005   #30
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Riley was terrible, but he wasn't the only one. On Bullock blitz sack, he walked up to the line between McKinney and Weigrt and showed the blitz. Weigrt blocked right and McKinney went left. And he came in untouched. How do you not see this guy.
Maybe the O-line need eye-exams :brickwall
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #31
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

riley cannot play LT in the pros...it just isn't happening...he's fat and lazy...put in wand capers...and then after that let's move carr around...instead of having him stay in the pocket have more roll out passes...more boot leg...heck carr is better on those passes anyways...i mean this is ridiculous...we're averaging 7 sacks a freakin game...a pop warner football team could sack carr at this rate...call up ross verba and see if we can get him here for a one year deal...but until then start wand he can't do any worse than riley
Old 10-09-2005   #32
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Can anyone else see the same things that we see? Some people still want to blame Carr for the situation.
There's plenty of blame to go around. Carr had at least two opportunities to go deep today that he missed on. The receivers had a step (or in Mathis' case, three steps) and he threw the ball out of bounds. Carr has accuracy at times, but today he didn't show it when he had time. He's shell shocked, I'm afraid.

The O-line just sucks. To the people that bash Carr for his pocket presence, I say "What pocket?". There is seldom a pocket worth mentioning, so when it is there, you can't blame Carr for not anticipating it. There is more traffic around Carr every game than there is on the West Loop, even on plays where he doesn't take a sack.

Our defensive pressure is diametrically opposed to what the opponent;s defense does, so as to maintain that yin-yang balance, I suppose. There were times today that I thought McNair was going to pitch a tent back there.

I could go on, but it's just tiring.
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #33
touttail
All Pro

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<holding my nose cause this defense stinks. It's a shame that Daunte, Carr, AJ, and Double D has to go through this!

bobby 119C :brickwall

Last edited by touttail; 10-10-2005 at 03:34 AM.
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #34
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyfro
riley cannot play LT in the pros...it just isn't happening...he's fat and lazy...
I wouldn't say lazy. He's just so out of shape that he can't last more than a quarter or so even at his normal slow speed. He certainly isn't dedicated enough to stay in football shape though, I'll admit that.

So many sacks have been blamed on the running backs, we need to give them some props. On the late touchdown pass the end ran past Riley (again) and all Riley could do was turn around and "pursue". I didn't catch who the RB was, but he stopped the end in his tracks. It was a nice block.
Old 10-09-2005   #35
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassinguy
I can't imagine Capers being here more than a couple more weeks if this continues. And I don't see it changing without a complete coaching staff change. I hate to say that because I think Capers is a good head coach, but he obviously doesn't have the confidence of his players now.
I guess demotion to defensive coordinator is out of the question. lol

Seriously though, I think the team has lost confidence in it's coaching staff.
Old 10-09-2005   #36
big sarge
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 big sarge is on the Pro-Bowl ballotbig sarge is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I think I know what the offensive line is doing. They are trying to lull the other teams defense into a false sense of security in the first half and in the second half when the defense gets lax they tighten up. The only problem is no one told the dumb*** o-line that a football game is only 4 quarters. Or maybe they just suck badly.
big sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #37
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4561 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

You know, when I played football, there was a play we had called the swinging door, which is what we should start calling our O line after today's performance...McKinney, Wade, and Riley...My God Riley looked horrible today, looked like he was trying to to the hand jive with defensive lineman...
Old 10-09-2005   #38
William.carter
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner
Wand is not dressed today. He's on the inactive roster. I think Milford Brown, a guard, suited up instead.

Can someone explain why we have tackles playing this poorly and the guy who started 16 games last year at LT isn't even suited up? He is inactive, NOT hurt.
It's just one more example of the inept coaching staff ignoring the obvious problems with the offense and fixing things that have worked. like switching to shorter drops and timing routes. rendering your most danger offensive weapon useless. It sure hasn't help Carr stay on his feet or complete more passes. He hit Murphy in the face with the ball today for crying out loud. This crap isn't working. And to me, it looked like in just one week, Palmer was calling the shots again. Same plays, different receivers.
William.carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #39
throwANDREtheBALL
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to throwANDREtheBALL

Yah, the sad truth is, that Pendry and Capers got together to make some of their own offensive plays and after 4 days locked in the coaches room, trying to figure out the CREATE-A-PLAY using MADDEN 04. They figured they had enough for the rest of the season after they had created 8 more identical run plays.

I'm not sure what's sadder, that they were STILL using MADDEN 2004, or that they were using a Video Game to begin with.

throwANDREtheBALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #40
stephen1
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEFUTURE
the coaches did that too our center who snapped it over our qbs head in practice once. he threw it 50 feet behind him and let the defense crush him.

Back on topic: Riley should never be a starter again. He doesnt deserve to be in the league. He is the worst tackle in the league backup or starter.
stephen1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read