Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-09-2005   #1
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer
Default Riley Must Have Something Agaist Carr...

I know I am not getting the quote exactly right, but I thought this was a great comment by the announcers today when Riley made that half-way attempt to defend Carr at the end of the first half. Does the line have something against "this generation's Archie Manning?" Why is Riley still out there? Why isn't Wand being tried again? Why is the number one question on Day 1 of the Texans still the same problem in 2005? I would love to hear people's ideas.
Old 10-09-2005   #2
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 36043 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by oso
I know I am not getting the quote exactly right, but I thought this was a great comment by the announcers today when Riley made that half-way attempt to defend Carr at the end of the first half. Does the line have something against "this generation's Archie Manning?" Why is Riley still out there? Why isn't Wand being tried again? Why is the number one question on Day 1 of the Texans still the same problem in 2005? I would love to hear people's ideas.
Wand is not dressed today. He's on the inactive roster. I think Milford Brown, a guard, suited up instead.

Can someone explain why we have tackles playing this poorly and the guy who started 16 games last year at LT isn't even suited up? He is inactive, NOT hurt.
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #3
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

That makes as much sense as anything else this coaching staff has done!

Old 10-09-2005   #4
ComstockLode
Veteran

Riley is a ******** joke as is wade's half *** attempts.
ComstockLode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #5
Bottle-O-Bud
Rookie

Kinney's I'll let the LB pass through the middle............. Insane. It cant get any worst. It just cant.....
Old 10-09-2005   #6
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 85602 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default It's almost as if . . .

. . . those offensive linemen are just allowing those defensive linemen to get past them on purpose. It looks that bad. It makes me wonder if their is a personal dislike for Carr.

I mean, it's almost as if I'm watching a replay of the 1st half of The Longest Yard. It's sick.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #7
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 36043 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
. . . those offensive linemen are just allowing those defensive linemen to get past them on purpose. It looks that bad. It makes me wonder if their is a personal dislike for Carr.

I mean, it's almost as if I'm watching a replay of the 1st half of The Longest Yard. It's sick.
Maybe Carr should trhow one into an OL's nutz.
Sponsored links
Old 10-09-2005   #8
BEERnBBQ
Veteran

personal dislikes for Carr aside, if he ain't blocking he shouldn't be playing. some of the current linemen could be as effective watching from the sidelines
BEERnBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #9
BEERnBBQ
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner
Maybe Carr should trhow one into an OL's nutz.
i doubt if he'd have time to
Old 10-09-2005   #10
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the only blocking scheme that the linemen have studied is the screen pass
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #11
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
I think the only blocking scheme that the linemen have studied is the screen pass
Good one - let everybody upfield and we'll throw behind them
Old 10-09-2005   #12
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 85602 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

I think I even heard the commentator mention Victor Riley's "dislike" for Carr. I don't know where he pulled that out from, but . . .

Man, I can't wait for the Indy game, can you? I mean . . . Dwight Freeney vs. Victor Riley? , , , oh yeah!

Old 10-09-2005   #13
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Did you hear the commentator say that someone needs to help Riley? More like someone needs to replace Riley. I can't wait for D'Brickinshaw Ferguson next year.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #14
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Quote:
I think I even heard the commentator mention Victor Riley's "dislike" for Carr. I don't know where he pulled that out from, but . . .

Man, I can't wait for the Indy game, can you? I mean . . . Dwight Freeney vs. Victor Riley? , , , oh yeah!

Old 10-09-2005   #15
Bassinguy
Rookie

Can anyone else see the same things that we see? Some people still want to blame Carr for the situation.
Bassinguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #16
Elite
Veteran

Riley Sucks David Sucks the front office Sucks the Coaching Staff Sucks everything sucks so far except Dunta
Old 10-09-2005   #17
BEERnBBQ
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassinguy
Can anyone else see the same things that we see? Some people still want to blame Carr for the situation.
i dont blame carr. its difficult to find open recievers with the way defenses play. having NO time once you drop back makes it virtually impossible. once you look away from the recievers and have to look for an escape route from the rush bad things are going to happen
Old 10-09-2005   #18
stephen1
Veteran

our entire team is a heaping pile of cow ****. we should conceed the season and give a refund to all the ticket holders for having to watch this bull **** they call an nfl team.
stephen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #19
Bassinguy
Rookie

Quote:

Maybe there's a method to the madness. Could it be that they want a new head coach in there? If that's the case, I don't think they have long to wait.
Old 10-09-2005   #20
Bassinguy
Rookie

I can't imagine Capers being here more than a couple more weeks if this continues. And I don't see it changing without a complete coaching staff change. I hate to say that because I think Capers is a good head coach, but he obviously doesn't have the confidence of his players now.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read