Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-09-2005   #21
Elite
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by run-david-run
Have you ever seen a USC game? Have you seen how much time Lienart has in the pocket to let the routes develop? Have you seen how bad our line is? Now put those two together and you will have a bust bigger than Ryan Lief.

this is to what i was replying to i remember seen carson palmer in college a great pocket passer alot of poise in the pocket like Matt LionHeart i just think Matt is better than Carson was in college and so on and so on you catch my drift
Old 10-09-2005   #22
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 54346 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofhnd
If we send this team away then houston does not deserve a football team period. Its called be a fan and believe in the fact people get apid millions of dollars to make decisions that you paying very little criticize on a weekly basis. Part of this is just fate we lost Boselli before he ever played and it destroyed the line and we have never recovered.
You're kidding....right?

The fans who bought psl's and season tickets paid more than a "little".

You really believe this team is so sorry because Boselli never played for us? Amazing!

Most of the fans are disgusted with the people who do get paid millions of dollars to make decisions.

Houston deserves a football team. Houston does not deserve what we are getting in the Texan franchise. I was an Oiler fan from the very first game until the day they left. I saw some very sorry Oiler teams. Nothing I saw was as bad as what we are getting now.

cac:
Old 10-09-2005   #23
yaboycm
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite
im sure Carson palmer is going to be a bust also
Thank you
I was going to say it myself

I think he is playing oaky this year. What is HIS team's record? Undefeated.
Old 10-09-2005   #24
WildBlackBear32
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaboycm
Thank you
I was going to say it myself

I think he is playing oaky this year. What is HIS team's record? Undefeated.
Who is his coach? Does his coach allow him to use his arm? Do his 2 top 10 drafted tackles give him time to throw? Does his pro bowl calibre runningback take the heat off the passing game? Does Chad Johnson have some of the best hands in the league??? Does his defense force turnovers? Does his team get pressure on the QB? Answer all these questions for me.
WildBlackBear32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #25
WildBlackBear32
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIT-R-DONE
Palmer also has two healthy knees. The two players do not compare.
Not to mention Palmer had Fargas as his RB and not the 2 best in the nation that Leinart has. Or we could take into consideration the WR and TE talent Leinart has over Palmer. Leinart will put out better NUMBERS than Palmer, but Palmer was the far better prospect.
Old 10-09-2005   #26
yaboycm
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite
this is to what i was replying to i remember seen carson palmer in college a great pocket passer alot of poise in the pocket like Matt LionHeart i just think Matt is better than Carson was in college and so on and so on you catch my drift

Why is it so hard for some to understand?
Old 10-09-2005   #27
WildBlackBear32
All Pro

Quote:
Why is it so hard for some to understand?
Because "some" of us can use our noodles better than others.
Sponsored links
Old 10-09-2005   #28
Elite
Veteran

i do read and listen but why do people refuse to accept a bust David Carr is a Bust O-line issues or not he was a number one pick he is our tim couch i know it hurts but we wont have him for ever thank god this is his last year. with the texans.
Old 10-09-2005   #29
yaboycm
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBlackBear32
Not to mention Palmer had Fargas as his RB and not the 2 best in the nation that Leinart has. Or we could take into consideration the WR and TE talent Leinart has over Palmer. Leinart will put out better NUMBERS than Palmer, but Palmer was the far better prospect.
So McNabb isnt good because he has T.O., LJ, Westbrook, Brown, Lewis?

Manning no good. He has Harrison, James, Wayne.

Montana, Warner, Favre, they were no good in their prime because they had good targets.

Could it be that the quaterback actually makes these other players better?

No way. Get outta here.

Alvin Harper did MANY good things with Tampa after Dallas. Aikman didn't make him good at all. Much like Leinart makes his targets better because he, unlike Carr, can actually hit his targets in the hands.

So let me get this right, you don't think Leinart is any good because he has good players around him?

One last thing. WHAT HAS CARR WON?

That's right Leinart. You've got two chapionships and are probably going to get your third. It would suck to have someone like that leading your team.

Dude, just stop talking. You are only

Keep digging yourself that hole.
Old 10-09-2005   #30
WildBlackBear32
All Pro

Quote:
So McNabb isnt good because he has T.O., LJ, Westbrook, Brown, Lewis?

Manning no good. He has Harrison, James, Wayne.

Montana, Warner, Favre, they were no good in their prime because they had good targets.

Could it be that the quaterback actually makes these other players better?

No way. Get outta here.

Alvin Harper did MANY good things with Tampa after Dallas. Aikman didn't make him good at all. Much like Leinart makes his targets better because he, unlike Carr, can actually hit his targets in the hands.

So let me get this right, you don't think Leinart is any good because he has good players around him?

One last thing. WHAT HAS CARR WON?

That's right Leinart. You've got two chapionships and are probably going to get your third. It would suck to have someone like that leading your team.

Dude, just stop talking. You are only

Keep digging yourself that hole.

Someone else comparing USC's talent level to Fresno State. You people are rocket scientists.
Old 10-09-2005   #31
yaboycm
Veteran

Quote:
Palmer also has two healthy knees. The two players do not compare.

Mike Vick could get hurt anytime he takes off. You wouldn't want him.

Brett Favre was addicted to pain killers. He won a super bowl.

Don't give me that mess.

It's not like he's rolling around out there like a 40 year old Doug Flutie. He will be a top 5 pick. No one else seems to care about this because it isn't an issue.

Leinart is mobile anyway. Do you ever watch them. He gets out of the pocket, runs around, and actually throws it to a target.

Imagine having a quarterback who actually gets out of the pocket and THROWS the ball much like a quarterback should do, instead of run out of bounds.
Old 10-09-2005   #32
yaboycm
Veteran

Quote:
Someone else comparing USC's talent level to Fresno State. You people are rocket scientists.
Not comparing talent you Ainge. Leinart is a proven winner. What has Carr won? Did Fresno win their conference at least?
Old 10-09-2005   #33
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 63828 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Leinart will be a decent qb. but put behind the Texans line, i can count maybe 3 people who would do better than carr, and leinart's not one of them
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #34
WildBlackBear32
All Pro

Quote:
Leinart is mobile anyway. Do you ever watch them. He gets out of the pocket, runs around, and actually throws it to a target.
Holy ****, you must be joking. He has 33 yards on the year on 19 carries. However, he has a long of twenty, which was a 3rd and long when the entire LB and DB core dropped back and Matt had a 6 man wall to run with. Removing that play brings you to, 13 yards on 18 carries. Yes, he's mobile.
Old 10-09-2005   #35
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 63828 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Holy ****, you must be joking. He has 33 yards on the year on 19 carries. However, he has a long of twenty, which was a 3rd and long when the entire LB and DB core dropped back and Matt had a 6 man wall to run with. Removing that play brings you to, 13 yards on 18 carries. Yes, he's mobile.
thank you
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #36
WildBlackBear32
All Pro

Quote:
Not comparing talent you Ainge. Leinart is a proven winner. What has Carr won? Did Fresno win their conference at least?
Oh man, you got me. I mean, look at all the National Titles and Conference Championships Tom Brady lead Michigan to. I bet that guy never makes it in the league.
Old 10-09-2005   #37
WildBlackBear32
All Pro

Quote:

Forgot to mention, Look out for Jason White next year. He's a total sleeper in the NFL.
Old 10-09-2005   #38
yaboycm
Veteran

Quote:
You didn't understand what I wrote which was the following, "Leinart is mobile anyway. Do you ever watch them? He gets out of the pocket, runs around, and actually throws it to a target."

There is no mention of Leinart taking off with the ball. He is able to, let's try undertanding this again, "get out of the pocket, run around, and actually throw it to a target."

Okay, you can advance to high school.
Old 10-09-2005   #39
yaboycm
Veteran

Quote:
You are kidding right? Leinart mobile? Anyone else agree?
Watch some film
Old 10-09-2005   #40
WildBlackBear32
All Pro

Quote:
You didn't understand what I wrote which was the following, "Leinart is mobile anyway. Do you ever watch them? He gets out of the pocket, runs around, and actually throws it to a target."

There is no mention of Leinart taking off with the ball. He is able to, let's try undertanding this again, "get out of the pocket, run around, and actually throw it to a target."

Okay, you can advance to high school.
http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zon...ad.php?t=12709

Read this thread over. The big boys with the common sense in the conversation will teach you a few things, I promise.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read