Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-08-2005   #1
Bottle-O-Bud
Rookie

Default I am worried about K.Wong's Play!

Is it me of he looks slow this year? I look at him and I said to myself that he has gained weight. Look at the waist line. He is huge and he seems to be laboring alot. Not only that, but I think he is suspect in coverage. Most of the time I see him running aimlessly down the field covering nobody while the TE releases underneath. His back turned away from the play.

Is this the case of we blew too much money on a guy so we have no choice, but to play him even if he blows? Does he need more time? I think he needs to go back outside. I think Orr moving inside is better..
Old 10-08-2005   #2
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Wong's got 26 tackles, 2 less than Ray Lewis, and a sack...Wong is the least of my worries as far as this team goes...
Old 10-08-2005   #3
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
Wong's got 26 tackles, 2 less than Ray Lewis, and a sack...Wong is the least of my worries as far as this team goes...
Tackles dont measure the play of an ILB. If you remember, Jay Foreman got a lot of those.

I havent paid much attention to him this season so I dont know what's going on with him.

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005   #4
Bottle-O-Bud
Rookie

The philisophy of a 3-4 defense is that LBs must hold thier ground. meaning that when the RB gets past the line, the LBs must knock them back. problem is our LBs get dragged 1-2 yards forward with the RBs momentum.

Shoe lace tackles, thats how I describe out MLB play.
Old 10-08-2005   #5
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

I should have been clearer, I meant to add to that his stats and what I have seen from him this season, I haven't zeroes in on him, but I have been paying attention to the LB's a little more this season.
Old 10-08-2005   #6
Bottle-O-Bud
Rookie

Quote:
I should have been clearer, I meant to add to that his stats and what I have seen from him this season, I haven't zeroes in on him, but I have been paying attention to the LB's a little more this season.
Its hard to pay attention when were getting burned EVERYTIME that ball flies in the air. hahahah. I would not ask you to review previous games this season cause that would just be inhuman.

Old 10-08-2005   #7
texan279
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottle-O-Bud
Its hard to pay attention when were getting burned EVERYTIME that ball flies in the air. hahahah. I would not ask you to review previous games this season cause that would just be inhuman.

Yeah, as far as the defense the secondary is what concerns me. In 3 games we have no INT's. Opposing offenses kill us all day on short routes and will continue to do so until we move our DB's closer than 8 yards to the line...
Old 10-08-2005   #8
Bottle-O-Bud
Rookie

Quote:
Yeah, as far as the defense the secondary is what concerns me. In 3 games we have no INT's. Opposing offenses kill us all day on short routes and will continue to do so until we move our DB's closer than 8 yards to the line...
hahahahahaha I have never seen a team play so SCARED before. No trust on the CBs or the safeties. 10 yards of cushions outside and 2 man rushes. Good lord......

the mentality is rubbing off to our demeanor in the field. Players playing scared. Shame we got rid of sharps and glenn, those two never played scared.
Old 10-08-2005   #9
texan279
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottle-O-Bud
hahahahahaha I have never seen a team play so SCARED before. No trust on the CBs or the safeties. 10 yards of cushions outside and 2 man rushes. Good lord......

the mentality is rubbing off to our demeanor in the field. Players playing scared. Shame we got rid of sharps and glenn, those two never played scared.
Yeah didn't Capers say after the game last week he was playing just to keep the game close into the 4th quarter? I thought I saw someone post that here. It is almost to the point to where we should do what the Titans were doing in the last half of the season last year, throw the ball 60 times a game and kick an onsides kick on every kick no matter what the score is.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read