Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-08-2005   #21
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87952 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

game played on sunday.

coaches review tape on monday. (same day of pendry's promotion i believe).

tuesday of that same week (i think) babin and buchannon are not playing with the first team.

for the next week i have to read article after article about faggins and orr, with no word of an injury to babin till about 3 days before the bengal game.

and blaming babin may be just a little justified ,but then whens the last time you heard of a pitcher taking himself out of a game. these guys are competitive and playing with injuries happens all the time.

babin's benching was played off as a solution to our problems and a statement to the team(and fans) rather then what it was...an injury. thats not babin's fault.
Old 10-08-2005   #22
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87952 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

he was taken out of the game...in hindsight that was a good move by the coaches. he was "formally benched" a couple days later. we had the bye-week and thats when the team used him as a scapegoat for about a week. thats the part i dont agree with.
Old 10-08-2005   #23
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

I went back and saw that Babin did miss the Tampa Bay preseason game. So the coaches and training staff knew something was wrong. Didn't they take an MRI or some kind of exam on the shoulder then? Seems like the Texans are at least guilty of neglect. I'm just glad that wasn't an 100% Babin. I'm certain he can play better than that when healthy. I'm not going to give up on him.
Old 10-08-2005   #24
powda
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
I'm certain he can play better than that when healthy. I'm not going to give up on him.

nor am i. im not sure he'll live up to the trade ,but i think he can be a solid starter---and i have seen flashes. if you go back to the vikings game in particular last year he caused lots of disruption.
Old 10-08-2005   #25
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144668 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Capers saw the next Kevin Greene . CC got caught up in the rumor mill about teams trading up for Babin . Dare I say CC is gulible .
Old 10-08-2005   #26
Jax54
noob

Default Babin

I constantly read this message board but don't post often but I wanted to make a point.

I was wondering about Babin myself, so i will give my 2 cents here, if he was playing injured and it was known to the team, then I have to say WOW the kid is playing with a great deal of heart and desire that seems to be lacking from the rest of the team.

Now if he was playing and the team was unaware of the injury (which I find highly unlikely) not a great move on his behalf, but the heart and desire is still there, but not a good move to put the team in a situation with the OLB playing with one arm.

Last year he was learning not only the position, but the speed of the NFL, things were most likely 'slowing down' this season he was knowing where to go, and what too look for, then only to get injured in the preseason practice.(btw I think preseason is too long) Hopefully he heals up and has a strong showing.

just my 2 cents.
Jax54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005   #27
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasJedi
I'll say one thing. It may seem odd, but I feel better about Babin knowing he has supposedly been injured since the Oakland preseason game. That has to be the reason for his poor play this season. He struggled at times during his rookie season, but he always played hard and looked to be making strides.
I would have liked him benched from the start then, not too smart to play with an injury. And as in this case, the injury got worse (at least that's how I'm reading it). he should have benched himself the second he felt that something was not okay.
Malloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-08-2005   #28
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34
I think Capers saw the next Kevin Greene . CC got caught up in the rumor mill about teams trading up for Babin . Dare I say CC is gulible .
Fangio had as much or more to do with setting the "gotta have him" tone as anyone prior to the draft.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005   #29
lucky13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34
When Babin was drafted I thought we traded up because he was a pass rushing fool . Then we put him on the strong side . Most pass rushing fools play the weak side . I think thats right . .
don't you know casserly outthinks the league?
Old 10-08-2005   #30
wrestler4life
Veteran

I think that the fact that the team mishandled Babin and his injury, and that they gave up so many picks to get him when they could have been a little more patient and trade fewer picks for another second rounder, just proves how poor our front office and staff are. I am severely displeased with how we are being managed and coached.
wrestler4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005   #31
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

"Dr. James Andrews agreed with the Texans doctors. Babin should wait a few weeks to see if the injury will heal. If not, he'll undergo surgery and be ready for camp next season. "
Babin's injury has the potential to be a season ending injury according to the
Chron article. To say the Texans handled this situation poorley is being very
charitable to them because I think its been handled in a downright egregious
manner, nothing short of that. I don't want to pile on the Texans HC and others at what is a tough time for them anyway, but they finding new and inventive ways to demonstrate their incompatence.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005   #32
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Hindsight is 20/20 of course.. but what has happened to the Texans IMO.. is we went bang or bust..Looking back. Boselli and Young (which at the time Young was supposed to be an up and comer and Boselli was cleard by our doctors AND NFL doctors) .. There is 2/5 of our line that didn't pan out.. We gambled on Hollings ..didn't work so far.. we are gambling on PBuc..who has talent just doesn't play to his potential. Hopefully he will straighten out..

As far as Babin..I think he will be solid when we get the defense squared away. We have yet to see a defense that swarms and attacks from all angels.. I have no idea why we aren't doing it.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005   #33
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

"Look, going from college to playing outside linebacker in the NFL is a three-year transition period," Casserly said about Babin, 6-2 and 255 pounds. "He had a decent rookie year. We expected him to improve this season, but he got hurt the third week of preseason."

Oh... it's a 3-year transition. That explains it.

I think everyone in the organization should wear a wristband with a list of excuses to reference, if they don't already.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005   #34
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

hummmmmmm!! Isn't hunting season coming up real soon??!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005   #35
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

The longer I think about this Babin injury, the more suspicous it all sounds.
But more to the point, why fool around with it because it sounds like an operation is inevitable. Besides, whats the point in rehabing and resting him
a few weeks - to save him for later in the season when we make our playoff run. Yeah, right ! If they are gonna need to cut on Babin, do it and begin the
long process of rest, rehab and ultimately recovery and getting ready for next years football season. And if I was Babin, I would definitely be getting some independant advise of my own about something that could end be even more serious than a season ending injury, as if that's not serious enough.
Old 10-08-2005   #36
Youngstown Colt
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppacoffee
TE Ben Troupe rookie franchise record with 33 receptions
Randy Starks led all rookie defensive tackles with 4 1/2 sacks in 2004
DE Bo Schobel missed most of 2004 injured.
Jacob Bell started at left guard as a rookie and made the All-Rookie team.
I had no idea they got all those players from that draft. Wow.
Old 10-08-2005   #37
THEFUTURE
All Pro

as far as i understood the injury, the coaches knew about him aggravating it, they asked him if he could still play, he said yes. so the coaches let him.

i dont blame babin for saying he can play, any athelete that ever played a game doesnt want to be looked at poorly, he wants to be able to fight through the pain, the coaching staff should have done a more thorough job, and not allowed him to keep playing
THEFUTURE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005   #38
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

At some point during the Raiders game .. Babin came off the field briskly, with a pained expression ... and proceeded to walk around 'oddly'. .. he kept on moving around, but not talking to anyone, or really looking composed. He seemed a little 'anxious'.... best way I can put it. I remember thinking to myself that was odd. ... but I didn't know his ways .... ??
I thought at the time that he had done something really bad on the field and was agonizing over a chewing out ... but no coaches said anything to him ... and a little while later he was standing with hands on hips getting play instructions. So I then forgot about it.
But that pain stricken look! .. I can still see it.
I say all this because he was no more then 15' right down in front of me when this took place.
And obviously I pay more attention to detail then the Texan coaches .. ...lol
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005   #39
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEFUTURE
i dont blame babin for saying he can play, any athelete that ever played a game doesnt want to be looked at poorly, he wants to be able to fight through the pain, the coaching staff should have done a more thorough job, and not allowed him to keep playing
Very insightful Future, because anybody who has played some ball as it sounds like you have knows the coaches want you, expect you to "play thru the pain". I mean what are you, a little girl or something, can't handle some pain ? But the coaching staff failed to discern the underlying seriousness of
this injury that involved a first round draft pick.
Old 10-08-2005   #40
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
This still makes me think that the team handled his injury poorly. When they benched him after the Steeler game they never mentioned the injury...just the fact that there were "changes" being made (at least right off the bat). I think that was unfair to Babin in a climate where he already has a ton of pressure since he represents so many picks.
Yes, Vinny its what I have been saying all along. This coaching staff is killing us and the players are just as much a victum as the FANS, OWNER, and CASSERLY. You know that has been my opinion for a long time. Capers nevers takes any credit for the blame...................
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read