Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2005   #21
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking

Quote:
If Dom is driving then I am strapped in,
You'd better wear a helmet, too, because he's been hitting the guardrail the past three weeks and not finishing a lap!

Quote:
If Casserly is the mechanic the I am handing him the wrench.
You might want to hand him a new carborator, fuel injection system, manifold, pistons, and radiator, as well. But hey, at least our horn works and we have a good punter!

Quote:
I don't think I would get into the car because to Dom, it wouldn't matter if we got to where we were going, just as long as the car was "driven well". Knowing Casserly, we would have 4 unsafe bald tires, he would ignore that and just replace the air freshener.
At least we have a nice paint job!

Quote:
And as long as the car is running on one cylinder it's okay, because next week we're looking to improve to two cylinders. But the problem is, the gas tank is almost empty and we're going to have keep it close to home.
I'd be happy right now to finish a lap and win A game, much less finish a race and make the playoffs.

Yay for cars! And double yay for cheerleaders! :

Ol' Joe is just trying to fire up the troops, that's all. Like the drill instructor in Full Metal Jacket, he might step on a few toes and hurt some feelings, but his heart is in the right place and just wants the 12th-man to be fired up and ready to cause some havoc with the opposing enemy's offense.

GO TEAM!! AND WE'D BETTER BE HOARSE ON MONDAY, CUZ JOE TEXAN IS LISTENING!
Old 10-07-2005   #22
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I just want my bobble head!!!
Old 10-07-2005   #23
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

Hey, I help pay for those salaries. So I am there employer. Now my employees are not performing as I expected. So what other conclusion should I come to?

It's time to get the ax out and cut some paychecks and get some new employees who can do the job correctly.

So don't come here whining about whiners, eat some cheese and leave us be...
Old 10-07-2005   #24
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

"If Mcnair thinks we don't care and will blindly support whatever pile of dung they throw on the field, it reduces the pressure to excel. It's no different than in any organization. If he knows that the fans demand nothing less than excellence, that will help us get a better product on the field." -- Porky

-----------------------------------

I'm with the pork-meister on this one, JoeTexan.

You are (how do I say this?) a unique individual. I don't mean that in a negative way. You're just different. When I see you on TV, beer firmly in hand...hat full of horns and angry fan face...mardi gras beads dangling around your neck...eyes half-shut as you are seemingly slurring your speech while talking to fans around you...I think to myself, "Wow. Now THAT is what Texas pro football is all about."

I wonder how many brats you ate before the game, how many fights you almost got into, and if you actually live in the tunnels or basement areas of the stadium.

I honor you for your fanatic fan-ness. You are a die-hard fan, and I have always enjoyed your posts here and at www.texanstalk.com but if we don;t complain about the team, it DOES send a signal to McNair that we're OK with losing. But if he sees empty seats, he's a business man and he knows what needs to be done. Empty seats = empty pockets.

Old 10-07-2005   #25
Lucky

Rep Power: 218553 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando
Can anyone tell me if they are showing The Quarterbacks with Giff and Dante this year?
I don't think they are. Not on Saturday nights, anyway.
Old 10-07-2005   #26
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 4615 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzztexan
I'm with you Joe! BuzzTexan and Michelle will be coming in from the land of flaming tacks to do our part in the bullpen. Let's git'r done!
Kewl! Our friends from Leiper's Fork are coming! It will be gr8 to see ya!!
Old 10-07-2005   #27
Crank_It_Up
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan
All you couch coaches need to quit your complaining and get behind your team, Maybe you want the coach gone, maybe you want a player gone but this is a team and when they are in Houston we are on that team. Personally I am real dissapointed with the 12th man last game, most abandoned the team by half time and then complained about the heat and cried like babies.
I for one will be there through the bad cause the good is righ around the corner. I say Go Texans and I mean it. If Dom is driving then I am strapped in, If Casserly is the mechanic the I am handing him the wrench. They may make mistakes but they are there for a reason and that is far better than any of you crybabies. Now get a tissue and dry those eyes and get ready fore some football!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL, I hear ya Joe... and if Bud is the Titanic then we're the iceburg. If Bud is the Louisiana/Tx border, then we're hurricane Rita.

Go Texans beat Titans!!!

Old 10-07-2005   #28
booklady
Rookie

Default We Are Going To Win

Hey Joe,
We all have to cheer our team on because they are ours. They will come around and be on top. Don't give up because we have great guys on the team and the best coach. All you Texan fans stick together and don't fight with each other, everyone should be friends.
Your bud,
Gary L.
Old 10-08-2005   #29
TexanDave
Veteran

Rep Power: 880 TexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respected

The thing to remember about message board is that after losses, the comments make it sound like the team is the worst in the league and after wins, the comments make it sound like the team is the best in the league.
Old 10-08-2005   #30
Bottle-O-Bud
Rookie

I am a Texan fan till the end, but hot damn, being last in the league in all thepositive categories and #1 on the negative statistics makes me wanna puke.

It has to be the coaching, we are missfiring on all cylinders. The defense is nothing to be proud about. They can't hold anybody.
Old 10-08-2005   #31
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanDave
The thing to remember about message board is that after losses, the comments make it sound like the team is the worst in the league and after wins, the comments make it sound like the team is the best in the league.
The team is one of the worst, if not the worst in the league until they prove otherwise. Does that mean we should stop supporting them? Of course not. We just may not have realized until now that last year's 7-9 was about the best this group can do.
Old 10-08-2005   #32
Voodaddy
Rookie

I really have no idea what planet you are living on...football is a business, just like any other and it is driven by consumers (the fans). Yes, you should support your team, but not blindly. If the CEO of Hewlett-Packard is not getting it done, then he gets fired, if your GM or quarterback don't get it done, they get fired too. Unfortunately, as a business, football doesn't have time to wait for you to gwet your %$% together. Maybe it's time for Capers to step down and maybe starting Dave Ragone can get David Carr in gear!!!
Old 10-08-2005   #33
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I really have no idea what planet you are living on
Who are you speaking to?
Old 10-08-2005   #34
Voodaddy
Rookie

Joe Texan...sorry, I didn't specify
Old 10-08-2005   #35
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13829 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Jusat because we complain or talk about the negatives doesn't mean we don't support the Texans. It's just honestly the only thing to talk about with this team right now.
Old 10-08-2005   #36
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

If the shoe fits.

I will be there sunday with my hat on chowing brats and doing what I please. I will say again that i believe that these boards bring out the most finger pointing jealous he said she said crap I have ever seen.

I do not need to fight as the ushers do not like it, for those of you who make personal remarks about me you really do not know me but try to let others view me the way you want me to be. I will do fine with out your suggestions.

I am not against anyone voicing thier opinion as to what we may need or who should go. I just see some posts that regularly bad mouth the team and I responded the way I feel. I stand behind my Texans through the thick and thin and enjoy it whatever the outcome. If I make you mad you may need anger managemment classes, I am not a doctor but I suggest you see one.

now if the shoe fits the wear it proudly as that is your privelidge. I will continue to wear my shoes proudly and support my team, Win or Lose.
Old 10-08-2005   #37
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13829 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan
If the shoe fits.

I will be there sunday with my hat on chowing brats and doing what I please. I will say again that i believe that these boards bring out the most finger pointing jealous he said she said crap I have ever seen.

I do not need to fight as the ushers do not like it, for those of you who make personal remarks about me you really do not know me but try to let others view me the way you want me to be. I will do fine with out your suggestions.

I am not against anyone voicing thier opinion as to what we may need or who should go. I just see some posts that regularly bad mouth the team and I responded the way I feel. I stand behind my Texans through the thick and thin and enjoy it whatever the outcome. If I make you mad you may need anger managemment classes, I am not a doctor but I suggest you see one.

now if the shoe fits the wear it proudly as that is your privelidge. I will continue to wear my shoes proudly and support my team, Win or Lose.
I agree about the fighting, name calling and personal attacks, it does not belong here. I support the Texans no matter what. I am happy we have a team in Houston no matter what, whether they win or lose. I can't speak for others here. It just seems like after a couple of bad losses the experts come out of the woodwork. I might make negative comments or comments about things without wearing my battle red glasses, but I think as a fan I have that right. No matter what though, my Texan flag flies 365 days a year.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read