Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-06-2005   #1
Dime
Hall of Fame

Default Ok... Probably the dumbest question ever, but I dont know

I hear about moving to a 4-3 right now. My dumb question is, has a 2-5 ever worked. With the speed we have at LB, rushing 2-3 LB's using crossing would be more effective? This would leave them guessing where the rushers would be coming from.
Old 10-06-2005   #2
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Rep Power: 28 HardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performer

I've seen us move into a 2-5-4 at times. Usually we'll drop back into zone and give up a long 3rd down.
Old 10-06-2005   #3
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4561 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This would leave them guessing where the rushers would be coming from.
A 3-4 defense is supposed to leave an offense guessing where the 4th rusher is coming from...But it doesn't work if you never send that 4th rusher...(cough) (cough) Fangio...
Old 10-06-2005   #4
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

The only dumb question is the question not asked!
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005   #5
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 114345 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

correct me if i'm wrong, but the patriots use something like that a few times last year. they'd stand up 2 linemen & throw out a handfull of lb's across the line. looked very odd not having anyone with their hands on the ground but if i remember right it was fairly effective. mainly as a coverage formation.
Old 10-06-2005   #6
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4561 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we have used that also a few times, last year I think, with Walker and Payne in the middle, Babin and Wong on the outside, and then our ILB's and secondary...But you are right, we need to mix it up in the defense, I have been saying this for a year now.
Old 10-06-2005   #7
WildBlackBear32
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter
correct me if i'm wrong, but the patriots use something like that a few times last year. they'd stand up 2 linemen & throw out a handfull of lb's across the line. looked very odd not having anyone with their hands on the ground but if i remember right it was fairly effective. mainly as a coverage formation.

The Pats have done everything. They did an 0-0-11 last year against the Dolphins on a 4th down play in the first half.
WildBlackBear32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-06-2005   #8
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBlackBear32
The Pats have done everything. They did an 0-0-11 last year against the Dolphins on a 4th down play in the first half.
I say lets go with the good ol fashioned 11-0-0. If we cant get pressure on the QB that way, we definitly have problems!

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read