Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-25-2004   #21
H-TownRules
Veteran

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsbch
This is going to be the Jags coming like a bat out of Cap Hell season. I love the Jags and am looking forward to see what you all will be laughing at.
I'm not sure about anyone else but I'm laughing at the term "coming like a bat out of Cap Hell season." Come on...this season will be like any other Jaguars season...Enter with high hopes, injury to someone a few games in, mediocre until the last day. But I did like the creativeness displayed in last years "injury to someone a few games in."

So you Jagz Fanz:
Just keep choppin wood or whatever it is you do. Or might I suggest cutting peices of paper with safety scissors, paper is made from wood, and safety scissors will most likely not find their way into you punters leg.

How does something like that happen?
Old 07-25-2004   #22
Jagsbch
Veteran

Rep Power: 47 Jagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-TownRules
I'm not sure about anyone else but I'm laughing at the term "coming like a bat out of Cap Hell season." Come on...this season will be like any other Jaguars season...Enter with high hopes, injury to someone a few games in, mediocre until the last day. But I did like the creativeness displayed in last years "injury to someone a few games in."

95 Jags enter league with a 4 wins. I'll let you all guess who we beat first.
96 Jags go to the AFC championship game after only 2 years in the league.
97 Jags make it to the playoff's again.
98 You guessed it Jags make it to the playoffs again.
99 Right again the Jags are back in the AFC Championship game.

2000 Jags enter Cap Hell
2004 Jags exit Cap Hell with a new head coach, and a new QB.

Jags made it to the playoff's 4 years in a row. The bottom fell out when TC's Backloaded contracts caught up with him. We let the cap get out of control, and at one point we were furthur over the cap than any team in the history of the cap. But instead of rebuilding, we took a gamble and tried to keep high priced players in an attempt to try and pull of what the Titans have been successfully doing the past three years while having one foot in and one foot out of cap hell.

It was a one way ride to the bottom of cap hell for the Jags as injuries plagued this team on both sides of the ball. Add to that poor drafting in the later rounds, our depth was virtually non existent. But through it all the Jags never laid down. They were competitive year in and year out. Jags started the season strong in 02 with a 3-1 start and even with injuries to our corner stones Brackens and Mo Williams, Jags still out scored their opponents combined at the end of a losing season. But that wasn't enough to save TC's Job.

Enter Jack Del Rio. Jack came in to a team whose cupboards roster wise was virtually bare. He took the core jettisoned Marks Bloated contract and replaced him with a rookie who will IMO be the next Dan Marino. Last seasonís mantra was mistakes. Mistakes such as the one Byron made when he did not protect the ball was one of many that cost us games. The Jags where a mess last season, from the QB controversy, to the new system, to the ax incident, and all the horrible game costing mistakes, it was one of the hardest seasons to swallow.

Through all the changes and mistakes last season Jags managed to have arguably the best run defense in the league, the 6th ranked defense and 12th ranked offense yardage wise. This was all accomplished under a rookie head coach, and a rookie QB. They say a QB makes more improvement in his second season than any time in his career. After having finished only second to Dan Marinoís Rookie season rating wise last season I see Byron playing a huge role in our attempt to get back on top of the division.

This has been an excellent off season for the Jags, who for the first time in for years can consider themselves officially out of Cap Hell. Jags finally have respectable depth in virtually every position. Injuries, Lord ought not to have as a significant impact on this team as they have in years past while we were in the pits of Cap Hell.

With the additions of Reggie Williams and Ernest Wilford, the jags receiving core ought to be one of the best in the league with Byron at the helm IMO. The addition of Greg Jones gives us an opportunity to finally be able to pound the ball in the red, clutch and on 3rd and short situations; something we lacked in 03.

With Hugh Douglas coming back in excellent shape this off season in an attempt to pull of a vintage season, add to that a healthy Tony Brackens our pass rush will be kicked up another notch. The additions of Bobby McCray, Brandon Green, Jorge Cordova, and Anthony Maddox ought to help shore up last season beleaguered pass rush.

Jags secondary got a huge shot in the arm with the additions of Juran Bolden, Lewis Sanders, Dewayne Washington, Blue Adams, Chris Thompson, and Deon Grant. Chris Thompson is a sleeper to watch out for. He did not allow a single TD from anyone he covered last season.

Daryl Smith and Greg Favors come in as an up grade to Danny Clark who went to the Raiders.

All in all my expectations for the Jags are probably to far over the top to discuss them in this forum, what the heck life is short.... One thing is for sure I donít expect all the players who went out on IR for the Texans to come back in vintage form. Having said that I see the Texans stuffing the Titans in the basement, and giving the Colts all they can handle While the Jags Take the South Title hands down this season while being on pace to play the Super Bowl at home as well as every post season game.

While some here possess hatred for the Jags I on the other hand possess a love and passion for the Jags that is second to none. I will come off as acting like a homer from time to time, but in truth I know this team is capable of greatness for some time to come, and with the Colts on the verge of Cap Hell, I see the Texans and the Jags rivalry heating up for some time to come. I am looking forward to the Jags reverting back to their 7-1 form in the division contest. Having said that I can understand and respect your Hatred, not for what we have done mind you but for what we are about to do.

Last edited by Jagsbch; 07-25-2004 at 11:40 AM.
Jagsbch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004   #23
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

.. time to go home now ..
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004   #24
Lucky

Rep Power: 191859 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Enter Jack Del Rio. Jack came in to a team whose cupboards roster wise was virtually bare.
Please, your Jag spin is making me dizzy. The cupboards were bare? The Jags started last season with 10 former 1st round picks and 8 2nd rounders on their roster. Yet with all that talent, they were only capable of winning zero road games. Nada. None. And you want to deem them the favorite for the AFC South and a Super Bowl contender?

There are people on the board who look at the Jags on paper and see an up & coming team. When I look at this team, I see a bunch of underachievers who have no heart. Houston has a better owner, organization, coaching staff, quarterback, and football team than Jacksonville. Get used to looking up at the Texans in the standings for a very long time to come, Jag fans.
Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004   #25
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 4615 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't hate the Jags as much as I hate Jags fans. I know they are not ALL bad but it seems that they are the most immature group of fans as a whole.

Face it. The Jags have a future, even if they don't have a full stadium.
Old 07-25-2004   #26
Jagsbch
Veteran

Rep Power: 47 Jagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
Please, your Jag spin is making me dizzy. The cupboards were bare? The Jags started last season with 10 former 1st round picks and 8 2nd rounders on their roster. Yet with all that talent, they were only capable of winning zero road games. Nada. None. And you want to deem them the favorite for the AFC South and a Super Bowl contender?

There are people on the board who look at the Jags on paper and see an up & coming team. When I look at this team, I see a bunch of underachievers who have no heart.
No doubt we possessed talent, but our depth was atrocious.

Losing to Carolina with 22 seconds left to go on the clock in and with two just 2cseconds to go in Houston is the epitomy of the mistakes that cost this team road games last season.

I guess the Jags didn't show any HEART the last time we played... Don't Make me break out Millers Quote...

Last edited by Jagsbch; 07-25-2004 at 12:10 PM.
Old 07-25-2004   #27
Lucky

Rep Power: 191859 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I guess the Jags didn't show any HEART the last time we played... Don't Make me break out Millers Quote...
Break it out. I don't even know who "Miller" is.

For a fan of a team thats gone 2-2 against an expansion team and 17 -31 against the league the past 3 seasons, you sure are in a good mood. Hey, laugh it up. You'll be crying soon enough when the season starts.
Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-25-2004   #28
Jagsbch
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
Break it out. I don't even know who "Miller" is.

JACKSONVILLE - The Texans came into Sunday seeking their first winning streak. They left without a win or a point and claimed a new respect for the Jaguars.

Tony Brackens had two sacks to lead Jacksonville's improving defense, which handed Houston its first shutout and ruined rookie quarterback Dave Ragone's debut.

"That was, by far, the most physical defense I've ever played against, seen or heard of," said tight end Billy Miller, a fourth-year veteran. "I don't know what the head coach told those boys, but from the first game to this game (a 24-20 Houston win in Week 4), I think they went out and got 11 new guys on defense."

The Texans missed starting quarterback David Carr and running back Domanick Davis.

The Jaguars, who came in with the league's sixth-ranked defense, allowed 124 yards. Jacksonville has allowed 33 points over the past four games.

"I know there was a turning point, but I didn't mark it down on my calendar," Jaguars coach Jack Del Rio said. "I just kept my head down, grinded through things and pushed and demanded because I felt this group is capable if they'll make the commitment."

http://www.sptimes.com/2003/12/08/Sp..._Roundup.shtml
Old 07-25-2004   #29
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

A turning point? ..

the most important part of that article ...
The Texans missed starting quarterback David Carr and running back Domanick Davis.

So you whupped up on Billy Miller and Dave Ragone .. and you can probably beat up on the pee-wee team down the street. Good for you!
Old 07-25-2004   #30
pskinny
Veteran

Quote:
Amazing........you picked this article to make your point with? Ragone was our third string rookie quarterback.....
pskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004   #31
Jagsbch
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyTexan
A turning point? ..

the most important part of that article ...
Actually this is my favorite part of the article...

"The Jaguars, who came in with the league's sixth-ranked defense, allowed 124 yards. Jacksonville has allowed 33 points over the past four games."

Oh ya and another last second loss on the road...

"Pennington guided another late comeback with calm, confidence and a bit of deception, throwing a 3-yard touchdown pass to Santana Moss with 26 seconds left to give the Jets a 13-10 win over the Jacksonville Jaguars."

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/recap/...031123_JAC@NYJ

Last edited by Jagsbch; 07-25-2004 at 04:00 PM.
Old 07-25-2004   #32
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

you know what instead of pointing figures at each other like old ladies why don't we just wait and see who wins during the season...place bets if you want...see what vegas has on odds...i mean come on guys pre-season hasn't even begun yet...we hate the jags they hate us...it's all good...just let the players on the field settle it
Old 07-25-2004   #33
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Jagsbch ... your point is ???????

Since I have no idea under the sun what you're talking about, I find it hard to carry on a decent argument. Not too surprising really, as most Jag fans seem from another planet ...
Something in the water over there?
Only word that comes to mind when reading your posts .. masochism..

Now hurry .. the mothership is waiting ....
Old 07-25-2004   #34
texansfan88
All Pro

they go 0-8 on the road and get more respect for us

i hope none of you have forgotten the shot laid on jj moses...i was furious the whole game after seeing that

i hope october 31 comes around, and in that pregame everyone lets them have a piece of our minds
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004   #35
H-TownRules
Veteran

Exclamation

I love chatting with opposing teams' fans at our games but when I talk to Jagz fans I just feel like placing my head between a door and a doorframe and just repeatedly slamming it on myself...I've learned that Jags fans are best when they arn't talking to you.
Old 08-27-2006   #36
Jags&Dawgs
Veteran

I dislike the Titans and the Colts worse than your team, I'm hoping to see you guys do well over the Titans!!!

Last edited by Jags&Dawgs; 08-27-2006 at 04:27 PM.
Jags&Dawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006   #37
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

My Captain Obvious statement of the day --

This thread is old...
Old 08-27-2006   #38
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Veteran

Hate is a strong word, but dislike is better.......
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006   #39
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

I wouldn't say that I hate them .... but as fellow members of the AFC South I hope they are in "grave" danger of losing every time they walk on the field .... as if there's any other kind ....
Old 08-27-2006   #40
Jags&Dawgs
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Hate is a strong word, but dislike is better.......
Thank you for helping me edit my post.
Jags&Dawgs is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read