Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Does anyone else HATE the Jags as much as I do?

H-TownRules

Waterboy
Over the past two seasons I have taken a dislikening to some teams, but the one I just can't stand are the Jaguars. The fact that we have a lot of their past players, our games are close, and we play them twice a year sets the stage for a rivalry. And I feel that stage is now in use. My turning point from not liking the Jags to hating them came during last season's home game in which Jimmy Redmond clobbered a fair catch-calling J.J. Moses...someone the fans liked and who is known as a "little guy". But now I find myself circling Haloween on my calendar in anitcipation of once again "hosting" all those Jags fans who make the trip out to Reliant. I think the Texans office caught onto this developing rivalry as well because they have scheduled "Battle Red Day" as the day we play the Jags.

P.S.- Did anyone else notice that J.J. Moses would only get tackled directly after breaking a tackle with some kind of deathdefying spin move/stutter step? It almost got to the point where it was comical between me and my bro up in the stands, we'd just wait for something amazing and then sure enough he'd get the crud knocked out of him.

I also dislike the Jags a lot. I don't hate them but I dislike them the most I think. We should have a long and interesting rivalry with them.

I cannot stand the Jags and their fans....we all remember the bone crunching cheap hit that Jimmy Redmond put on an innocent fair catching JJ Moses.

But I will NEVER forget the cheap shot below:
uavatar.aspx

I believe this will be our Pittsburgh Steelers rivalry the Oilers once had. Except we will be on the winning end of this rivalry.

i don't know if i hate the jags themselves..but i seriously hate their coach, their fans, and their front office with a passion...jack del rio is one of the worst head coaches i've ever seen...he calls for cheap shots and it trying to make the jags into the raiders of the 70's...sorry jack but your team doesn't have the talent nor the ability to become the raiders...better find another tree stump to chomp at

:headbang: It's about time there was a sportswriter that didn't give a rat's can about what people have to think. I actually agree with EVERY WORD HE SAID. Before 1994, I had never heard of Jacksonville, Florida. Since then, they've been a bunch of underachieving, cheap playing, heartless losers that nobody gives a monkey's right ear about ("ear is not the three-letter word I want to use). I dare a Jags fan to come here starting mess.

I couldn't care less about the Jags. They don't seem to be a very well run organization (no discipline) and some of their fans seem a bit slow...a lot of them seem to be in denial.

They have drafted well in the last two years; I personally had Leftwich as my highest rated player coming into the 2003 Draft and I stand by that opinion. This year they landed a punishing runner in Greg Jones and one of the Genetic Freak Receivers in Reggie Williams. On paper they look dangerous.

History says they'll still suck.

jagsmack.jpg

I agree, I hate them. Of all the teams, I hate them the most. Their fans are cocky and think Leftwich is so amazing. Wait until the end of this season and we will comapir Letfwich and Carr's stats, and we will be the ones laughing.

I have no feel whatsoever for the Jags. I don't hate them, I don't like them. It's just hard for me to get a good hate on for them. I hate the Titans but the Jags and Colts are kind of my new Browns/Bengals. In the AFC Central days I got up for playing the Steelers and the four games against the Browns/Bengals were just weeks we played "one of those orange teams".

I feel the same way about the Jags and Colts. They're secondary to me. I'm not too impressed with the vaunted Indy offense. So far we've played them tough and nearly beaten them in our early years a couple of times. I think they're overrated. The Jags never seem to be totally ready to play when they line up against us. The only time they ever looked good to me we were starting Ragone. Against our "A" game they're beatable every time. Nothing to get excited about there.

No way do I hate them. Jacksonville is the only team in the league that we've beaten more than once.

Tennessee and Indianapolis I don't like (0-8)
Dallas I don't like (Cowboy fans!! and Phyllis Diller? aka Jerry Jones)

I have to admit, I like Leftwich. It was amazing the way he played at Marshall with that injury. His lineman had to carry him between plays he was so hurt. Yet he still had a hell of a day passing.

It is a shame that Jacksonville ended up in our division because I really like the team they are building. DT's John Henderson and Marcus Stroud make one of the best DT duos in the league. HB Fred Taylor is a top five back when he is healthy (a big if though). They added Leftwich and some targets, who should help open up even more holes for Taylor.

I am really starting to hate them though now. I would have never guessed that they would be turning out to be our biggest rivals when this division was created.

Hating a team means actually showing them some degree of respect. I don't hate the Jags because I couldn't care less about them....

I can't stand the Jags. They have layed some many cheap shots (mainly against the Texans) that I can't see a reason not to hate them.

HATE is destructive, negative and a waste of energy. Its fine not to LIKE anything, not to support or even ignore that entity, rather say The Jaguars SUCK, their sportsmanship is poor and their a dirty team. I don't happen to share those viewpoints but I do recognize a budding rivalry.

The game on October 31st Halloween should be the most amped up, bizare crowd of the regular season. I think the Jaguars will be a very dynamic offense and it will be a joy to revel in the effectiveness of our re-vamped defense holding them in check and winning. I only hope there is no retailation, no cheap shots or brawls, just a ***** stomping at the OK Corral.

beerlover said:
HATE is destructive, negative and a waste of energy. Its fine not to LIKE anything, not to support or even ignore that entity, rather say The Jaguars SUCK, their sportsmanship is poor and their a dirty team. I don't happen to share those viewpoints but I do recognize a budding rivalry.

The game on October 31st Halloween should be the most amped up, bizare crowd of the regular season. I think the Jaguars will be a very dynamic offense and it will be a joy to revel in the effectiveness of our re-vamped defense holding them in check and winning. I only hope there is no retailation, no cheap shots or brawls, just a ***** stomping at the OK Corral.

I would have to disagree at the moment about their offense. Leftwich is slow and inaccurate. One step below Michael Vick if you ask me who I believe is inaccurate. The one area of strength for Leftwich may be neutralized this year. I am sure defenses were playing their base defenses to feel him out last year. This year they have plenty of video to break the kid down. With him being so slow they could play more coverage and not worry about him scrambling as much.

Leftwich had a higher completion % in his first year than Carr has had in either of his first two years. Slow is not bad in a QB. Dan Marino is probably the slowest QB ever. That really didn't hurt him much.

Doom Capers said:
Wait until the end of this season and we will comapir Letfwich and Carr's stats, and we will be the ones laughing.

Jags are a much better team than they were this time last season. This is going to be the Jags coming like a bat out of Cap Hell season. I love the Jags and am looking forward to see what you all will be laughing at. I can assure you it won't be Byron:popcorn:

Jagsbch said:
Jags are a much better team than they were this time last season.
And so are we, we have Glenn back, got Smith, Walker and Payne should be back. Picked up the best cover corner in the draft. Got a good OLB in Babin.

I will say, however, that you guys may have the best defensive line in the entire league....

Jagsbch said:
I love the Jags and am looking forward to see what you all will be laughing at. I can assure you it won't be Byron
I have already laughed at Cryin' Byron

nfl890_lower.jpg

nfl891_lower.jpg

Jagsbch said:
This is going to be the Jags coming like a bat out of Cap Hell season. I love the Jags and am looking forward to see what you all will be laughing at.

I'm not sure about anyone else but I'm laughing at the term "coming like a bat out of Cap Hell season." Come on...this season will be like any other Jaguars season...Enter with high hopes, injury to someone a few games in, mediocre until the last day. But I did like the creativeness displayed in last years "injury to someone a few games in."

So you Jagz Fanz: :bag:
Just keep choppin wood or whatever it is you do. Or might I suggest cutting peices of paper with safety scissors, paper is made from wood, and safety scissors will most likely not find their way into you punters leg.

:confused: How does something like that happen? :confused:

H-TownRules said:
I'm not sure about anyone else but I'm laughing at the term "coming like a bat out of Cap Hell season." Come on...this season will be like any other Jaguars season...Enter with high hopes, injury to someone a few games in, mediocre until the last day. But I did like the creativeness displayed in last years "injury to someone a few games in."

95 Jags enter league with a 4 wins. I'll let you all guess who we beat first.
96 Jags go to the AFC championship game after only 2 years in the league.
97 Jags make it to the playoff's again.
98 You guessed it Jags make it to the playoffs again.
99 Right again the Jags are back in the AFC Championship game.

2000 Jags enter Cap Hell
2004 Jags exit Cap Hell with a new head coach, and a new QB.

Jags made it to the playoff's 4 years in a row. The bottom fell out when TC's Backloaded contracts caught up with him. We let the cap get out of control, and at one point we were furthur over the cap than any team in the history of the cap. But instead of rebuilding, we took a gamble and tried to keep high priced players in an attempt to try and pull of what the Titans have been successfully doing the past three years while having one foot in and one foot out of cap hell.

It was a one way ride to the bottom of cap hell for the Jags as injuries plagued this team on both sides of the ball. Add to that poor drafting in the later rounds, our depth was virtually non existent. But through it all the Jags never laid down. They were competitive year in and year out. Jags started the season strong in 02 with a 3-1 start and even with injuries to our corner stones Brackens and Mo Williams, Jags still out scored their opponents combined at the end of a losing season. But that wasn't enough to save TC's Job.

Enter Jack Del Rio. Jack came in to a team whose cupboards roster wise was virtually bare. He took the core jettisoned Marks Bloated contract and replaced him with a rookie who will IMO be the next Dan Marino. Last season’s mantra was mistakes. Mistakes such as the one Byron made when he did not protect the ball was one of many that cost us games. The Jags where a mess last season, from the QB controversy, to the new system, to the ax incident, and all the horrible game costing mistakes, it was one of the hardest seasons to swallow.

Through all the changes and mistakes last season Jags managed to have arguably the best run defense in the league, the 6th ranked defense and 12th ranked offense yardage wise. This was all accomplished under a rookie head coach, and a rookie QB. They say a QB makes more improvement in his second season than any time in his career. After having finished only second to Dan Marino’s Rookie season rating wise last season I see Byron playing a huge role in our attempt to get back on top of the division.

This has been an excellent off season for the Jags, who for the first time in for years can consider themselves officially out of Cap Hell. Jags finally have respectable depth in virtually every position. Injuries, Lord ought not to have as a significant impact on this team as they have in years past while we were in the pits of Cap Hell.

With the additions of Reggie Williams and Ernest Wilford, the jags receiving core ought to be one of the best in the league with Byron at the helm IMO. The addition of Greg Jones gives us an opportunity to finally be able to pound the ball in the red, clutch and on 3rd and short situations; something we lacked in 03.

With Hugh Douglas coming back in excellent shape this off season in an attempt to pull of a vintage season, add to that a healthy Tony Brackens our pass rush will be kicked up another notch. The additions of Bobby McCray, Brandon Green, Jorge Cordova, and Anthony Maddox ought to help shore up last season beleaguered pass rush.

Jags secondary got a huge shot in the arm with the additions of Juran Bolden, Lewis Sanders, Dewayne Washington, Blue Adams, Chris Thompson, and Deon Grant. Chris Thompson is a sleeper to watch out for. He did not allow a single TD from anyone he covered last season.

Daryl Smith and Greg Favors come in as an up grade to Danny Clark who went to the Raiders.

All in all my expectations for the Jags are probably to far over the top to discuss them in this forum, what the heck life is short.... One thing is for sure I don’t expect all the players who went out on IR for the Texans to come back in vintage form. Having said that I see the Texans stuffing the Titans in the basement, and giving the Colts all they can handle While the Jags Take the South Title hands down this season while being on pace to play the Super Bowl at home as well as every post season game.

While some here possess hatred for the Jags I on the other hand possess a love and passion for the Jags that is second to none. I will come off as acting like a homer from time to time, but in truth I know this team is capable of greatness for some time to come, and with the Colts on the verge of Cap Hell, I see the Texans and the Jags rivalry heating up for some time to come. I am looking forward to the Jags reverting back to their 7-1 form in the division contest. Having said that I can understand and respect your Hatred, not for what we have done mind you but for what we are about to do. :rolleyes:

Jagsbch said:
Enter Jack Del Rio. Jack came in to a team whose cupboards roster wise was virtually bare.
Please, your Jag spin is making me dizzy. The cupboards were bare? The Jags started last season with 10 former 1st round picks and 8 2nd rounders on their roster. Yet with all that talent, they were only capable of winning zero road games. Nada. None. And you want to deem them the favorite for the AFC South and a Super Bowl contender?

There are people on the board who look at the Jags on paper and see an up & coming team. When I look at this team, I see a bunch of underachievers who have no heart. Houston has a better owner, organization, coaching staff, quarterback, and football team than Jacksonville. Get used to looking up at the Texans in the standings for a very long time to come, Jag fans.

I don't hate the Jags as much as I hate Jags fans. I know they are not ALL bad but it seems that they are the most immature group of fans as a whole.

Face it. The Jags have a future, even if they don't have a full stadium.

Lucky said:
Please, your Jag spin is making me dizzy. The cupboards were bare? The Jags started last season with 10 former 1st round picks and 8 2nd rounders on their roster. Yet with all that talent, they were only capable of winning zero road games. Nada. None. And you want to deem them the favorite for the AFC South and a Super Bowl contender?

There are people on the board who look at the Jags on paper and see an up & coming team. When I look at this team, I see a bunch of underachievers who have no heart.

No doubt we possessed talent, but our depth was atrocious.

Losing to Carolina with 22 seconds left to go on the clock in and with two just 2cseconds to go in Houston is the epitomy of the mistakes that cost this team road games last season.

I guess the Jags didn't show any HEART the last time we played... Don't Make me break out Millers Quote... :rofl: lol:

Jagsbch said:
I guess the Jags didn't show any HEART the last time we played... Don't Make me break out Millers Quote... :rofl: lol:
Break it out. I don't even know who "Miller" is.

For a fan of a team thats gone 2-2 against an expansion team and 17 -31 against the league the past 3 seasons, you sure are in a good mood. Hey, laugh it up. You'll be crying soon enough when the season starts.

Lucky said:
Break it out. I don't even know who "Miller" is.

JACKSONVILLE - The Texans came into Sunday seeking their first winning streak. They left without a win or a point and claimed a new respect for the Jaguars.

Tony Brackens had two sacks to lead Jacksonville's improving defense, which handed Houston its first shutout and ruined rookie quarterback Dave Ragone's debut.

"That was, by far, the most physical defense I've ever played against, seen or heard of," said tight end Billy Miller, a fourth-year veteran. "I don't know what the head coach told those boys, but from the first game to this game (a 24-20 Houston win in Week 4), I think they went out and got 11 new guys on defense."

The Texans missed starting quarterback David Carr and running back Domanick Davis.

The Jaguars, who came in with the league's sixth-ranked defense, allowed 124 yards. Jacksonville has allowed 33 points over the past four games.

"I know there was a turning point, but I didn't mark it down on my calendar," Jaguars coach Jack Del Rio said. "I just kept my head down, grinded through things and pushed and demanded because I felt this group is capable if they'll make the commitment."

http://www.sptimes.com/2003/12/08/Sports/NFL_Roundup.shtml

A turning point? ..

the most important part of that article ...
The Texans missed starting quarterback David Carr and running back Domanick Davis.

So you whupped up on Billy Miller and Dave Ragone .. and you can probably beat up on the pee-wee team down the street. Good for you!

Jagsbch said:

Amazing........you picked this article to make your point with? Ragone was our third string rookie quarterback.....

SassyTexan said:
A turning point? ..

the most important part of that article ...

Actually this is my favorite part of the article...

"The Jaguars, who came in with the league's sixth-ranked defense, allowed 124 yards. Jacksonville has allowed 33 points over the past four games."

Oh ya and another last second loss on the road...

"Pennington guided another late comeback with calm, confidence and a bit of deception, throwing a 3-yard touchdown pass to Santana Moss with 26 seconds left to give the Jets a 13-10 win over the Jacksonville Jaguars."

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/recap/NFL_20031123_JAC@NYJ

you know what instead of pointing figures at each other like old ladies why don't we just wait and see who wins during the season...place bets if you want...see what vegas has on odds...i mean come on guys pre-season hasn't even begun yet...we hate the jags they hate us...it's all good...just let the players on the field settle it

Jagsbch ... your point is ???????

Since I have no idea under the sun what you're talking about, I find it hard to carry on a decent argument. Not too surprising really, as most Jag fans seem from another planet ...
Something in the water over there?
Only word that comes to mind when reading your posts .. masochism.. :crazy:

Now hurry .. the mothership is waiting ....

they go 0-8 on the road and get more respect for us

i hope none of you have forgotten the shot laid on jj moses...i was furious the whole game after seeing that

i hope october 31 comes around, and in that pregame everyone lets them have a piece of our minds

I love chatting with opposing teams' fans at our games but when I talk to Jagz fans I just feel like placing my head between a door and a doorframe and just repeatedly slamming it on myself...I've learned that Jags fans are best when they arn't talking to you.

I wouldn't say that I hate them .... but as fellow members of the AFC South I hope they are in "grave" danger of losing every time they walk on the field .... as if there's any other kind ....

Back