Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-19-2004   #1
H-TownRules
Veteran

Angry Does anyone else HATE the Jags as much as I do?

Over the past two seasons I have taken a dislikening to some teams, but the one I just can't stand are the Jaguars. The fact that we have a lot of their past players, our games are close, and we play them twice a year sets the stage for a rivalry. And I feel that stage is now in use. My turning point from not liking the Jags to hating them came during last season's home game in which Jimmy Redmond clobbered a fair catch-calling J.J. Moses...someone the fans liked and who is known as a "little guy". But now I find myself circling Haloween on my calendar in anitcipation of once again "hosting" all those Jags fans who make the trip out to Reliant. I think the Texans office caught onto this developing rivalry as well because they have scheduled "Battle Red Day" as the day we play the Jags.

P.S.- Did anyone else notice that J.J. Moses would only get tackled directly after breaking a tackle with some kind of deathdefying spin move/stutter step? It almost got to the point where it was comical between me and my bro up in the stands, we'd just wait for something amazing and then sure enough he'd get the crud knocked out of him.
Old 07-19-2004   #2
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 23247 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

I also dislike the Jags a lot. I don't hate them but I dislike them the most I think. We should have a long and interesting rivalry with them.
Old 07-19-2004   #3
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3261 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

I cannot stand the Jags and their fans....we all remember the bone crunching cheap hit that Jimmy Redmond put on an innocent fair catching JJ Moses.

But I will NEVER forget the cheap shot below:
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004   #4
texansfan4life
Rookie

i hate the jags all so
texansfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004   #5
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I believe this will be our Pittsburgh Steelers rivalry the Oilers once had. Except we will be on the winning end of this rivalry.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004   #6
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

i don't know if i hate the jags themselves..but i seriously hate their coach, their fans, and their front office with a passion...jack del rio is one of the worst head coaches i've ever seen...he calls for cheap shots and it trying to make the jags into the raiders of the 70's...sorry jack but your team doesn't have the talent nor the ability to become the raiders...better find another tree stump to chomp at
Old 07-19-2004   #7
H-TownRules
Veteran

Exclamation

Anyone a Texans fan should read this about our Divisional Buddy.

Why hate the Jags?....Read this. *Language*
Old 07-19-2004   #8
BigBang
Cymbal Hero

Send a message via MSN to BigBang Send a message via Yahoo to BigBang

It's about time there was a sportswriter that didn't give a rat's can about what people have to think. I actually agree with EVERY WORD HE SAID. Before 1994, I had never heard of Jacksonville, Florida. Since then, they've been a bunch of underachieving, cheap playing, heartless losers that nobody gives a monkey's right ear about ("ear is not the three-letter word I want to use). I dare a Jags fan to come here starting mess.
Old 07-19-2004   #9
bad
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 bad is on the Pro-Bowl ballotbad is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I couldn't care less about the Jags. They don't seem to be a very well run organization (no discipline) and some of their fans seem a bit slow...a lot of them seem to be in denial.

They have drafted well in the last two years; I personally had Leftwich as my highest rated player coming into the 2003 Draft and I stand by that opinion. This year they landed a punishing runner in Greg Jones and one of the Genetic Freak Receivers in Reggie Williams. On paper they look dangerous.

History says they'll still suck.

bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004   #10
Doom Capers
Veteran

I agree, I hate them. Of all the teams, I hate them the most. Their fans are cocky and think Leftwich is so amazing. Wait until the end of this season and we will comapir Letfwich and Carr's stats, and we will be the ones laughing.
Doom Capers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004   #11
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 162318 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I have no feel whatsoever for the Jags. I don't hate them, I don't like them. It's just hard for me to get a good hate on for them. I hate the Titans but the Jags and Colts are kind of my new Browns/Bengals. In the AFC Central days I got up for playing the Steelers and the four games against the Browns/Bengals were just weeks we played "one of those orange teams".

I feel the same way about the Jags and Colts. They're secondary to me. I'm not too impressed with the vaunted Indy offense. So far we've played them tough and nearly beaten them in our early years a couple of times. I think they're overrated. The Jags never seem to be totally ready to play when they line up against us. The only time they ever looked good to me we were starting Ragone. Against our "A" game they're beatable every time. Nothing to get excited about there.
Old 07-19-2004   #12
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 31584 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Hate them? heck no!

No way do I hate them. Jacksonville is the only team in the league that we've beaten more than once.

Tennessee and Indianapolis I don't like (0-8)
Dallas I don't like (Cowboy fans!! and Phyllis Diller? aka Jerry Jones)
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004   #13
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

I have to admit, I like Leftwich. It was amazing the way he played at Marshall with that injury. His lineman had to carry him between plays he was so hurt. Yet he still had a hell of a day passing.

It is a shame that Jacksonville ended up in our division because I really like the team they are building. DT's John Henderson and Marcus Stroud make one of the best DT duos in the league. HB Fred Taylor is a top five back when he is healthy (a big if though). They added Leftwich and some targets, who should help open up even more holes for Taylor.

I am really starting to hate them though now. I would have never guessed that they would be turning out to be our biggest rivals when this division was created.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004   #14
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7237 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Hating a team means actually showing them some degree of respect. I don't hate the Jags because I couldn't care less about them....
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004   #15
Panther5407
All Pro

I can't stand the Jags. They have layed some many cheap shots (mainly against the Texans) that I can't see a reason not to hate them.
Old 07-21-2004   #16
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

HATE is destructive, negative and a waste of energy. Its fine not to LIKE anything, not to support or even ignore that entity, rather say The Jaguars SUCK, their sportsmanship is poor and their a dirty team. I don't happen to share those viewpoints but I do recognize a budding rivalry.

The game on October 31st Halloween should be the most amped up, bizare crowd of the regular season. I think the Jaguars will be a very dynamic offense and it will be a joy to revel in the effectiveness of our re-vamped defense holding them in check and winning. I only hope there is no retailation, no cheap shots or brawls, just a ***** stomping at the OK Corral.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004   #17
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover
HATE is destructive, negative and a waste of energy. Its fine not to LIKE anything, not to support or even ignore that entity, rather say The Jaguars SUCK, their sportsmanship is poor and their a dirty team. I don't happen to share those viewpoints but I do recognize a budding rivalry.

The game on October 31st Halloween should be the most amped up, bizare crowd of the regular season. I think the Jaguars will be a very dynamic offense and it will be a joy to revel in the effectiveness of our re-vamped defense holding them in check and winning. I only hope there is no retailation, no cheap shots or brawls, just a ***** stomping at the OK Corral.
I would have to disagree at the moment about their offense. Leftwich is slow and inaccurate. One step below Michael Vick if you ask me who I believe is inaccurate. The one area of strength for Leftwich may be neutralized this year. I am sure defenses were playing their base defenses to feel him out last year. This year they have plenty of video to break the kid down. With him being so slow they could play more coverage and not worry about him scrambling as much.
Old 07-24-2004   #18
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Leftwich had a higher completion % in his first year than Carr has had in either of his first two years. Slow is not bad in a QB. Dan Marino is probably the slowest QB ever. That really didn't hurt him much.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004   #19
Jagsbch
Veteran

Rep Power: 46 Jagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom Capers
Wait until the end of this season and we will comapir Letfwich and Carr's stats, and we will be the ones laughing.
Jags are a much better team than they were this time last season. This is going to be the Jags coming like a bat out of Cap Hell season. I love the Jags and am looking forward to see what you all will be laughing at. I can assure you it won't be Byron
Jagsbch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004   #20
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsbch
Jags are a much better team than they were this time last season.
And so are we, we have Glenn back, got Smith, Walker and Payne should be back. Picked up the best cover corner in the draft. Got a good OLB in Babin.

I will say, however, that you guys may have the best defensive line in the entire league....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsbch
I love the Jags and am looking forward to see what you all will be laughing at. I can assure you it won't be Byron
I have already laughed at Cryin' Byron

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read