Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-05-2005   #21
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

To me it seemed like our defense was better in 2002 than in 2005(so far)
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005   #22
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209608 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I was thinking about the same thing, Wolf. Especially the defense that won the Steelers game, setting a record for a winning team with the lowest offensive production (something like 47 total yards).

We definitely seem like we are regressing, and have lost the aggressiveness that our D was showing the first couple of years. But I guess losing veteran players like Posey, Foreman, Sharper, and Glenn will do that to a team.
Old 10-05-2005   #23
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 225351 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
I heard it too...we are run by a team of monkeys.
Seriously. I want to hire Coach_C as the OL coach. Is he Houck compared to these guys?
Old 10-05-2005   #24
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
To me it seemed like our defense was better in 2002 than in 2005(so far)
Maybe the offense too... Any chance we can re-sign Jimmy Herndon?
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005   #25
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

i could understand one move on the oline...but not the entire freakin line...i mean this is a little dramatic for o-line shuffle...if you think riley is struggling too much put wand out there...i mean come on the entire line shuffles around this is just pathetic
Old 10-05-2005   #26
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 225351 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner
Whatever they do, they sure aren't going to see what the starting LT in all 16 games last year has in the tank.
Yup, sorry, but either the coaches were censorables (not going to spend the time to see if that is a word) last year for thinking Wand could do the job or the coaches are censorables this year for thinking he isn't even in consideration. The OL is getting comical if it wasn't involving 10 or so jobs, any of which I would love to have.
Old 10-05-2005   #27
AndreJ
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
When David Carr runs on to the field it should be a solo intro to Welcome to the Jungle and he should run in from the visiting team tunnel.
LMF@O!!!!!!! Brilliant...
Old 10-05-2005   #28
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default A solution to our problem

Being we can't get a pass rush and we can't protect Carr maybe the secret is to let Robaire Smith play Tackle .. Payne play Center (being he ties up 2 guys anyway) and have Walker at RT Tj at the guard spot.

defensively we move Riley,Pitts,Mckinney,Wand and Weigart to the defensive side of the ball .... They then could fight for 3 starting spots instead of 5

Also this kills 2 birds with one stone.. we would now have a OL that wouldn't let the QB get pressured or touched and we have a Defensive line.. that knows how to get a QB sacked (heck 20 sacks in 3 games)

PBuck would be inserted into the lineup when we run screens .. He would also teach the guys the "ole' " technique of letting a guy through

Last edited by Wolf; 10-05-2005 at 03:39 PM.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005   #29
wrestler4life
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
No kidding ! At this point I suspect its up to Capers to do something,
anything by the end of the season to "change" McNairs mind about firing him with extreme prejudice in the offseason.
Yeah, but to me this just shows that he has or had even less of a clue about this team and how it should be put together. If you are having to do a complete overhaul after only 3 games and no injuries, then you must have done a pretty ****** job during the offseason and preseason getting the best players in the line-up and ready for the season.
wrestler4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005   #30
ghostlight
All Pro

Rep Power: 201 ghostlight is a quality contributor and well respectedghostlight is a quality contributor and well respectedghostlight is a quality contributor and well respectedghostlight is a quality contributor and well respectedghostlight is a quality contributor and well respectedghostlight is a quality contributor and well respectedghostlight is a quality contributor and well respectedghostlight is a quality contributor and well respectedghostlight is a quality contributor and well respectedghostlight is a quality contributor and well respectedghostlight is a quality contributor and well respected

If the talent is not there,then it doesn't matter how you line them up.
Old 10-05-2005   #31
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Either we have a talent problem or the worst blocking scheme in history . I guess if Carr has a knack for holding the ball it magnifies the obvious .
Its amazing that we've had these problems for four years now . It just makes you tired that this is still an issue .
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005   #32
blockhead83
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to blockhead83

Whenever a franchise is born you always hear analysts preaching that a team should build itself from the lines out. Casserly and Co. echoed those sentiments and made an apparent aggressive move toward ensuring our OLine when he took Boselli from the supplemental draft. The problem is they haven't paid serious attention to upgrading the line since then, regardless of whether or not they named it among their top priorities heading into the offseason. I personally think we have enough talent to atleast be closer to the middle of the pack in terms of pass blocking, but after four years they have yet to come close to fixing this problem, and it's really frustrating at this point. The entire Texans coaching staff and management have absolutely failed to fix this club's greatest achilles heel for four consecutive years. Some of the blame falls on Carr for having almost non-existent pocket presence (or an extremely hyper-sensitive pocket presense, however you want to look at it), but to think that after claiming to be trying to fix this for the franchise's entire existence, and we're still having the same problems, if not worse..... There's something seriously wrong with this team from the personnel to the top (excluding McNair, he's probably 10x more frustrated with the situation than we are, considering he's paying the bills and he asked them to fix the situation).

I thought for a bit that Capers would get his five years regardless of our performance, but this blatant failure in an area that everyone in the nation knows is our major pitfall is inexcusable. I think Capers gets the boot after this season barring any miraculous turn arounds. Oh, and on the topic of the.....topic, just the fact that they're tinkering with such a massive game of musical chairs along the OLine shows you that they're becoming exceedingly desperate. Forget whatever consistency they were supposed to develop from playing beside one another for an extended period of time. And those statements they're making about the OLine not yielding many sacks are obviously a load of ****. If they didn't think the OLine was underperforming as badly as we did, they wouldn't be attempting to make ridiculous changes like this mid-season.
blockhead83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005   #33
Crank_It_Up
Veteran

why not make P-buc the Q-back... as much as he hates contact, he'd never get touched.
Old 10-05-2005   #34
done88
Veteran

The o-line could not be a lot worse. Mckinney was a darn good guard for the colts. I think Pitts played better when he was at Tackle. Wade and Weigert can flip flop as long as they figure out some way to get the job done.
Old 10-05-2005   #35
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crank_It_Up
why not make P-buc the Q-back... as much as he hates contact, he'd never get touched.
Did you see PB last weekend against the Bengals, now I'm not gonna say he looked like the second coming of Jack Tatum, but he actually got a couple good pops in !
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005   #36
profan
Veteran

I dont see what you are all getting upset about. The oline has given up 20 sacks and has not done the job. After three games, its obvious this combination is not working. I'm look forward to the change. I mean how much worse can it get. My problem is this should have been adressed in the preseason. It appears this off season and preseason has been fruitless and just a waste of time.
profan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005   #37
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

I could be way off base on this but I'm starting to come over to the "our coaching staff sucks" camp. I watch around the league where other teams have decent enough lines season after season. I agree that our talent isn't the best but IMO the OL is one place where coaching can make a REAL difference. True we don't have a franchise LT but then again how many teams do?

I dunno .... I find myself hoping for a scorched Earth season so we can start off nice and fresh and green next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
Seriously. I want to hire Coach_C as the OL coach. Is he Houck compared to these guys?
Old 10-06-2005   #38
touttail
All Pro

The article in the Chronicle claims this monkeying with the OLine is in case of injuries preparing them to play other positions-LOL.

bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005   #39
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by olyy
Wow, you've sure changed your tune. You always claimed the coaching staff was great and the o-line just needed more time to gel. I guess the 0-3 start has you taking off the rose-colored glasses. It's about time.
No, I wait till I see results on the field. I don't just create positions out of assumptions. The team made some decisions over their build and I am patient enough to see if they work out.

This is year 4 so this is the time to start looking at our build as it hits the field. I can't give an expansion team grief in the first two years and year 3 was a year that we were playing .500 ball. Every year is unique but unfolds rapidly. Once you see the results on the field it's fair to start to create new opinions.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005   #40
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by touttail
The article in the Chronicle claims this monkeying with the OLine is in case of injuries preparing them to play other positions-LOL.

bobby 119C
Whew! For a minute I thought they going to monkey around with it to improve it.
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read