Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Would you prefer a win or a loss sunday versus Tenn.
A win! Its just what we need to get our train back on track 43 55.13%
A win! We should take what we can get at this point. 19 24.36%
A loss. I don't want Capers and Cass getting credit for beating a bad Titans team 12 15.38%
I don't really care. I have given up on this team already. 4 5.13%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-05-2005   #1
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Would you be more happy if we win or lose?

On Sunday, versus the Titans, would you be more happy with a win or a loss? A win could spark the players and create a nice rebound of confidence and play ability and we could gain some ground on our woeful 0-3 record. On the other hand, a win may validate McNair and thus allow Capers+Casserly to claim they have things in control when its really just the poor play of the Titans that allows us the win. Which would you prefer?
gtexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005   #2
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

This week is a no-win situation. If they win against an equally cruddy Titans team it doesn't really show us anything. If they lose they just solidify their spot as the league's laughing stock. Unless a loss motivates McNair to make some changes and get a head start on next season there is nothing good that can come out of this game.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005   #3
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Rep Power: 28 HardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performer

anyone who hopes we loose doesnt deserve to call themselves a Texans fan.
Old 10-05-2005   #4
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

I'm always for one in the win column.
Old 10-05-2005   #5
LBblitz
Veteran

This should not be a question. Of couse I pick win. Why else would I watch something that I enjoy knowing that I will be dissapointed? I mean, that is why we are fans and we watch the game...to hope our team wins and to be entertained. Why would anyone want their team to lose because they want someone to be blamed for it? (If they want them to lose its really isnt their team). That is just selfish and almost ignorant. I know for a fact that I wouldnt watch any football games if I knew only one team was going to win and one team was going to lose because the main reason football is so popular is because on any given gameday...anyone can win/lose.

Whoever votes for us to lose this week should not watch anymore games because more than likely they are just passing by from jumping from one bandwagon to another.

Sorry for my frustration but I have finally had enough of all the extreme negativity. There is a fine line between constructive and destructive criticism...and anyone rooting for a loss is nowhere near the border.

Last edited by LBblitz; 10-05-2005 at 10:14 AM. Reason: typo
LBblitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005   #6
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 316914 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree with the above sentiments wholeheartedly. Rooting for your team to lose is the height of negative apathy. I can't fathom a fanatic wishing his team to lose games, regardless of the perspective.

Can you imagine the Astros earlier this season when they were 15 games under .500 acting like this? Jeesh, teams can rebound, and I do not doubt the football karma smiles on those cities who's fans keep a positive outlook. It doesn't mean you have to be blind, but be constructive in your criticism instead of creating emotional outbursts.
Old 10-05-2005   #7
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food
Unless a loss motivates McNair to make some changes and get a head start on next season there is nothing good that can come out of this game.
I know this might be hard for you to think of but...the best thing that could happen in this game is for the team to get some confidence and turn this season into something respectable. I still hope that the team can pull a rabbit out of the hat and make it to the playoffs. That's not realistic this season but I will always hope that the playoffs are the end result of our regular season. Try to post something postive just once. It won't hurt you...much.

Disclaimer: All opinions within this post are expressed with the knowledge that Exascor feels that Capers' time has come and gone, Casserly should probably be let go, the Palmer firing was the right thing to do and Fangio should have been let go 2 years ago.
Old 10-05-2005   #8
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 23300 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

LOL @ it being a no-win situation playing Tennessee. *laughs*
Old 10-05-2005   #9
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exascor
Try to post something postive just once. It won't hurt you...much.
Come'on, I've posted like 3 or 4 positive things over the past year

Unfortunately there hasn't been a whole lot of positive things going on with this organization for quite some time. When McNair brings in the right people to get this thing headed in the right direction you will see plenty of positive posts from me.
Old 10-05-2005   #10
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 23300 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:

Unfortunately there hasn't been a whole lot of positive things going on with this organization for quite some time. When McNair brings in the right people to get this thing headed in the right direction you will see plenty of positive posts from me.

[Lee Corso] NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND! [/Corso]

The day wonger posts something positive will be the day Byron Leftwich runs a 4.38 in a 40.
Old 10-05-2005   #11
touttail
All Pro

Titans 1-3
Texans 0-3

If the Texans don't win against a mediocre team such as the Titans, what would this do to their conficence?

The Texans gotta and will win this game!!!!!!!

bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005   #12
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316
[Lee Corso] NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND! [/Corso]

The day wonger posts something positive will be the day Byron Leftwich runs a 4.38 in a 40.
Man, don't make me go back through all of my threads...

Here ya go, here's one from today... post
Old 10-05-2005   #13
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I wish I could disagree but I can't. I'm not an optimist by any means. I feel I'm a realist. You just phrase things different than I would is all. hehe

wonger: This week is a no-win situation. If they win against an equally cruddy Titans team it doesn't really show us anything. If they lose they just solidify their spot as the league's laughing stock. Unless a loss motivates McNair to make some changes and get a head start on next season there is nothing good that can come out of this game.

Exascor: This is a tough week. If they win it could be the beginning of a turnaround that could propel them back into the playoff race. If the Texans lose it will be almost impossible for them to recover from. Losing to a weak Titans team may have a silver lining though. It may force Mcnair's hand and get the ball rolling for more staff changes.
Old 10-05-2005   #14
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardKnockTexan
It's called "tough love". I'd have thought that a fan calling himself "HardKnockTexan" might be albe to grasp that concept.
Old 10-05-2005   #15
GoJags16
Rookie

Just win baby. I dont care if you guys are playing the Ruxford Raggedy Anns, just win. A win for your team could give them a spark, as this is a divisional foe and somewhat of a rivalry. Its not over for you guys yet, but your team needs to ''start choppin'' (nice one JDR) and start now.
GoJags16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005   #16
Crank_It_Up
Veteran

A win against the tennessee traitors ranks up there with making the playoffs, one can only hope to get a glimpse of Dud Adam's depressed face after the loss on Sunday.

I hope our fans scream their heads off.

Go Texans!!!
Old 10-05-2005   #17
profan
Veteran

Quote:
This week is a no-win situation. If they win against an equally cruddy Titans team it doesn't really show us anything. If they lose they just solidify their spot as the league's laughing stock. Unless a loss motivates McNair to make some changes and get a head start on next season there is nothing good that can come out of this game.
If they win, it shows we are not the worst team in the league, it will build some confidence going into Seattle for another win. I don't care who you beat, every win in the NFL is of importance. Any fan who would want the team to lose is not really a fan.
profan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005   #18
Yvette
Veteran

Rep Power: 26496 Yvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Guess I'm not a Texan fan
Old 10-05-2005   #19
Elite
Veteran

Well i hope we loose but only for the better of our franchise I want a top 1 pick anything else is unacceptable
Old 10-05-2005   #20
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
well said.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read