Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-05-2005   #1
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Rep Power: 28 HardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performer
Default Lavar Arrington

I just heard on Cold Pizza that Linebacker Lavar Arington or the Washington Redskins may be cut. They said that he is back to full health but him and Coach Gibbs are butting heads. He only played in 2 plays last weekend. I believe this is the kind of player our defense is missing. He's only 27, he's fast, he tackles well and he rushes the passer with the best of them in the league. The only knock on him is that he plays independently. They say that he doesnt fit into a scheme and just does what he thinks needs to be done to make a play. I'm all for doing whatever it takes to get this guy in a Texans uniform! Lets make some moves here Casserly!!!

Any thoughts??
Old 10-05-2005   #2
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

I wouldnt shed a tear if they did sign him but I dont see it happening...
Old 10-05-2005   #3
hou059
Veteran

Well I like Arrington and I agree with your comments regarding what he would bring to the team but we have someone like that in Peek, yes not quite the same player but Peek has that motor and is very aggressive but he listens to Capers and follows the sceme. I think Arrongton would fit into the Raiders group of misfits.
hou059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005   #4
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276575 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

So long as Fangio & Capers are here I would bet against any freelancers being brought in. But hey, we can watch him go to the pro-bowl with San Diego. Does Washington have enough cap space to eat his accelerated 11 mil signing bonus? I will say, nice GM/coaching snafu there--sign the 3 time pro-bowler to a $63 mil contract and then decide he doesn't fit your system. Brilliant!!!
Old 10-05-2005   #5
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Rep Power: 28 HardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performer

Peak, Greenwood, Wong, Arington....
Old 10-05-2005   #6
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Default Just to add to the hype..

Redskins | Gibbs Meets with Arrington
Mon, 3 Oct 2005 15:28:31 -0700

Ryan O'Halloran, of the Washington Times, reports Washington Redskins head coach Joe Gibbs met with LB LaVar Arrington Monday morning, Oct. 3 and Gibbs said that Arrington is 100 percent healthy, but "he's not a starter right now." Linebacker Warrick Holdman has been starting in Arrington's spot and LB Charlie Clemons replaced Arrington in passing situations during Week 4. Furthormore, Arrington denied a FOX report that that he was asked and refused to play special teams. Arrington noted he is surprised by his lack of playing time.
Old 10-05-2005   #7
Youngstown Colt
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by hou059
Well I like Arrington and I agree with your comments regarding what he would bring to the team but we have someone like that in Peek, yes not quite the same player but Peek has that motor and is very aggressive but he listens to Capers and follows the sceme. I think Arrongton would fit into the Raiders group of misfits.
The only thing he has in common with Lavar is the position.
Old 10-05-2005   #8
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngstown Colt
The only thing he has in common with Lavar is the position.
Old 10-05-2005   #9
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

What is Arrington's biggest weakness? Fangio and Capers will find it, and exploit it. They expose our own players weaknesses but for the life of them can't find a way to exploit our opponent's. I don't see Fangio being replaced anytime this season though, which is unfortunate.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005   #10
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardKnockTexan
Linebacker Warrick Holdman has been starting in Arrington's spot and LB Charlie Clemons replaced Arrington in passing situations during Week 4.
Holy ****! The former Texans LB bust. That's where he went.

I wonder if Stacey Mack and Matt Stevens is on that team as well.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005   #11
touttail
All Pro

Is he 100% healthy. Can he stay healthy? All we need is another cripple on our team. We have been burnt with injuried players in the past. Does Boselli ring a bell?

bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005   #12
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276575 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84
Holy ****! The former Texans LB bust. That's where he went.

I wonder if Stacey Mack and Matt Stevens is on that team as well.
It's a misprint. Chris Clemons is their LB.
Old 10-05-2005   #13
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Arrington's Hefty Contract Limits Redskins' Options

LINK

The biggest question regarding linebacker LaVar Arrington's future in Washington may not be whether he will be here beyond this season, but when he will depart. Several NFL general managers and player agents expect Arrington, once the face of the organization and now relegated to the lower depths of the roster, to be playing elsewhere in 2006 given his hefty contract, recent history with the club, injuries and lack of significance on this defense.
Old 10-05-2005   #14
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Ihategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of Famer

No He's Ours, Stay Away!!!!
Old 10-05-2005   #15
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I just think we need a guy with an attitude on our team.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005   #16
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 106609 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

I finally have the proper forum to post this:

Arrington Video

You guys can also have him in one of your local commercials! Catchy song though, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005   #17
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
I just think we need a guy with an attitude on our team.

*see Philip Buchanon ....
Old 10-06-2005   #18
SESupergenius

Arrington is in the upper echelon of LB's. They are playing politics with him and I would grab him in a heartbeat.
Old 10-06-2005   #19
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius
Arrington is in the upper echelon of LB's. They are playing politics with him and I would grab him in a heartbeat.
Unfortunately it looks like he is being Fangio'd in Washington so I am sure he wouldn't fit in here either.
Old 10-13-2005   #20
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler
Default Just A Thought

With the situation with Lavar Arrington in Washington does anyone think that our regime or new regime would consider a deal for him. He is talented, healthy, young and a demon rushing the passer. I mean any trade deals have to be done this week, so do you think in the 11th hour we could work something for Arrington that would not cost an arm and a leg.
Coach C. is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read