Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-05-2005   #21
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

Robinson regardless of what anyone says is better then DeAngelo Hall. The only thing hall has on him is a better team. His team is not just a little better its alot better. If you through Robinson on the falcons people would be calling him Dunta (Champ) Robinson. In reference to Champ Bailey. Along with the simple point that if you throw Hall here he would mean about as much as P-Buch does.
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005   #22
TITAN CHANCE
Rookie

Join the club we have some problems ourself in Tennessee. I want to tell everyone to have a great game and at least one of us will get a win on Sunday to boost some spirits! Good luck all!!!
Old 10-05-2005   #23
lucky13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddevil63
Its hard to hold anybody responsible for the Joppru pick, that was just bad luck. If he never gets hurt he could be a solid player right now.
it was a terrible pick even if joppru was healthy- they drafted him 2 rounds too early.

interesting you folks blame an underling, capers, for any pick that goes bad, rather than the person who ultimately made the pick, casserly.
Old 10-06-2005   #24
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Capers and his direct reports have significant influence on who's name gets called on draft day. Casserly is not making these decisions in a vacuum.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005   #25
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
Comments like that make it appear you really are just around to be negative and provoke people. Dunta's rookie year was irrefut ably better than Hall to the degree teams have all obviously been game planning away from him. That combined with a pass rush gives Hall "better" stats this year. And of course there isn't a position stats are more misleading for. But you knew that and just wanted to dig at the team again.

thank you

Old 10-07-2005   #26
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
Comments like that make it appear you really are just around to be negative and provoke people. Dunta's rookie year was irrefutably better than Hall to the degree teams have all obviously been game planning away from him. That combined with a pass rush gives Hall "better" stats this year. And of course there isn't a position stats are more misleading for. But you knew that and just wanted to dig at the team again.
I'm not the only one that has noticed... Dunta Article
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005   #27
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 382259 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food
Nice try, but that doesn't have anything to do with Hall being better last year or this than Dunta. And I guess you are ignoring Hall getting ejected from a pre-season game for slapping an opposing player twice on the sideline--Peek has never had a play that bone-headed--and that would be on top of a face mask earlier in the game. Hall got abused by Terrell Owens in week 1, but nonetheless Hall and Dunta are both going to be very good CB's. I'll stick by my assertion that the only reason you would say what you did is to needle people on this MB.
Old 10-07-2005   #28
William.carter
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky13
it was a terrible pick even if joppru was healthy- they drafted him 2 rounds too early.
He had promise, was potentially the best player on the board at the time and he filled a team need. What better timing is there to pull the trigger? He could have been a total bust or a complete stud if he hadn't been injured and that would have changed everyone's perceptions. It's all an unknown as far as the value of the pick, but at the time, I think everyone including Bennie had high hopes for his place on this team and i doubt anyone was too disappointed in that pick on draft day. I know I wasn't.
William.carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005   #29
William.carter
Veteran

Quote:
Watch the tapes, Dunta didn't get beat up in man coverage by TJ Housh... and if you think he did, you're just a full of it as McClain is. TJ and Palmer worked well together beating zones in the middle of the field, not burning D-Rob man on man. Get your facts straight instead of jumping on McClain's bandwagon.
Old 10-07-2005   #30
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 199341 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

The thing about the Bennie pick is the succes of Jason Whitten and L.J. Smith . The reason the Texans picked him is they coached him at the Senior Bowl. I don't know if the Texans thought WOW Bennies a swell guy we'll pick him or if he could have been a very good TE.
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005   #31
William.carter
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34
The thing about the Bennie pick is the succes of Jason Whitten and L.J. Smith . The reason the Texans picked him is they coached him at the Senior Bowl. I don't know if the Texans thought WOW Bennies a swell guy we'll pick him or if he could have been a very good TE.
Those guys have been succesful, but you're operating with the benefit of hind-sight. The Texans had every reason to believe in their pick.
Old 10-07-2005   #32
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by William.carter
Watch the tapes, Dunta didn't get beat up in man coverage by TJ Housh... and if you think he did, you're just a full of it as McClain is. TJ and Palmer worked well together beating zones in the middle of the field, not burning D-Rob man on man. Get your facts straight instead of jumping on McClain's bandwagon.
You've got the game film??? Can you send me a copy?
Old 10-07-2005   #33
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIT-R-DONE
If you taped the game via VCR, you would have the game "tapes" too. I don't think he said anything about game "film".
Well, that would be the only way you could actually see what the coverage calls are. Unless he has access to a different broadcast feed than we do.
Old 10-07-2005   #34
William.carter
Veteran

Quote:
You've got the game film??? Can you send me a copy?
I meant if you taped it on a VCR or Tivo or DVR or what ever method you have. But of course you don't have anything to support your argument. If I haven't taped over last weeks game by now, I'd be glad to mail you a copy so you can see for yourself how full of it McClain's claims about Dunta are.
Old 10-07-2005   #35
William.carter
Veteran

Quote:
Well, that would be the only way you could actually see what the coverage calls are. Unless he has access to a different broadcast feed than we do.
Broadcast TV shows where the passes go. That's all you need to see.
Old 10-07-2005   #36
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by William.carter
I meant if you taped it on a VCR or Tivo or DVR or what ever method you have. But of course you don't have anything to support your argument. If I haven't taped over last weeks game by now, I'd be glad to mail you a copy so you can see for yourself how full of it McClain's claims about Dunta are.
So, from the standard broadcast you see which coverages are being called on every play? Amazing.

Dunta was responsible for TJ on several plays, whether it was his area of the zone or man coverage.

He is on pace to have less tackles, interceptions and passes defended than he did his rookie season. I know it's only 3 games and stats are misleading, that's a given. But based on his performance so far this year do you think that he is a better player??? That's the real question here.
Old 10-07-2005   #37
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Quote:
He is on pace to have less tackles, interceptions and passes defended than he did his rookie season. I know it's only 3 games and stats are misleading, that's a given. But based on his performance so far this year do you think that he is a better player??? That's the real question here.
So is Ed Reed (reigning NFL Defensive Player of the Year).

Are there examples of Robinson getting torched on a weekly basis? I haven't seen it. I agree he's no making plays but I think that has more to do with teams staying away from his side of the field (see Buchanon getting burnt often) than anything.

If the Texans are able to shore up the opposite side of the field and teams start testing Robinson again, you'll see his production/improvement materialize. But until then, why would teams quit with what's working?
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005   #38
William.carter
Veteran

Quote:
So, from the standard broadcast you see which coverages are being called on every play? Amazing.

Dunta was responsible for TJ on several plays, whether it was his area of the zone or man coverage.

First, if you know what you're looking at on broadcast tv you can tell man coverage compared to zone.

Second, TJ is a talented WR, one of the better ones int he league. No where the the "nobodys" McBlame alluded to in his article. He's going to make plays sometime.

And to answer you last question, I don't know if he is a better player than last year, but I do know that other teams respect his ability enough to not flood his side of the field with passes. It's hard to rack up tackles, interceptions, and passes defensed when the ball isn't coming your way every other down like it was last year.
Old 10-07-2005   #39
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIT-R-DONE
This is the last response you will get from me before you go on IGNORE.

1. How do you know what coverage was call to be able to say Dunta was responsible?

2. This question has been answered. They are throwing away from Dunta. This will explain a lot of why his stats are down. No way did teams pick on Glenn last year like they are on PBURNT this year. :brickwall
1. He was the closest player to the receiver once the ball was caught.

2. They threw at him several times last Sunday and he didn't make any plays.
Old 10-07-2005   #40
William.carter
Veteran

Quote:
1. He was the closest player to the receiver once the ball was caught.

2. They threw at him several times last Sunday and he didn't make any plays.
Zone coverage should take away big plays and natrually cause double teams that can lead to turnovers by defensive execution or taking advantage of a poorly through pass. If TJ didn't score and didn't bust a big run after the catch, then Dunta made a play. Someone has to be responsible for ensuring the tackle while someone else makes a play for the ball if there is one there to be made. You act like it is expected for the corner to interecept every ball that comes there way. They can try, but rarely be successfully, and if they don't play smart like Dunta does, then they will give up huge plays and scores, trying to pad their own stat column. You can't jump every route. The odds in that scenario are stacked in the QBs/WRs favor.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read