Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-03-2005   #21
lucky13

look, if the texans trade for a QB then they would de facto have to trade carr to get that QB. san diego needs anything but carr.

drew brees is going to be some kind of free agent this off-season, unless san diego wants to pay him like $10 million next year. the texans need to say to themselves that they will pay the going rate for talent (use up some of the unused salary cap $ mcnair has been pocketing for himself) and get brees, (and get reggie wayne while they are at it- guy can dream, right?,) and trade carr for a LT/ impact DL. leonard davis is pretty pathetic these days, but if the texans thought they could slap his fat butt and sorry character into shape then i'm sure arizona would love to talk. carr is prob worth more than davis, but AZ has some other fine players (dansby and berry come to mind). carr and like a second-round pick might get davis plus dansby/berry.
Old 10-03-2005   #22
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

Why trade at all. We got 2, count em 2 perfectly qualified QB's sitting on the bench. We certainly don't need another broken down player on our team. Rivers is fine just where he is. If we are going to get another QB, then let's get Mr. Lion hearted from USC in next years draft.....

Besides, you really think San Diego would let Rivers go?
Old 10-03-2005   #23
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeBred_Texan
Yep, either him or Brees. One or the other has to go since this league has a salary cap to deal with. Overpay at your QB position and you are forced to underpay something else.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005   #24
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Yep, either him or Brees. One or the other has to go since this league has a salary cap to deal with. Overpay at your QB position and you are forced to underpay something else.
Brees is a temp QB for them, Rivers is there future. I never see them letting him go anywhere...

My prediction, is this is Drew's last year with San Diego...
Old 10-03-2005   #25
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Veteran

Yes we need to cut the cord from David Car and let him go, This upcoming year in the Draft Young from the Longhorns and Marcus Vick both highly mobile QB's who do not need no one to block for them they run just like Mickael Vick. We pay Carr tooooo much money not to produce he makes more than other QB's that do produce, we have the receiver's and bush wouldbe another good asset in the draft to back up mathis.
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005   #26
lucky13

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeBred_Texan
Why trade at all. We got 2, count em 2 perfectly qualified QB's sitting on the bench. We certainly don't need another broken down player on our team. Rivers is fine just where he is. If we are going to get another QB, then let's get Mr. Lion hearted from USC in next years draft.....

dave ragone cannot move- he cannot play QB in the NFL. i'm continually disappointed in the ridiculous claims in here otherwise. if ragone went in i'd lay the texans and 20 in any game they played.
Old 10-03-2005   #27
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky13
dave ragone cannot move- he cannot play QB in the NFL. i'm continually disappointed in the ridiculous claims in here otherwise. if ragone went in i'd lay the texans and 20 in any game they played.
He did better than Carr in pre-season. He won the only game for us this year. Pulled us from behind against Oakland for a field goal...

But I still have faith in Carr if we could only get some coaching to "teach" him how to be the premier QB he is subjected to be. I blame the coaches for our losses, not Carr.
Old 10-03-2005   #28
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

If we were not so invested in Carr I would say sit him, but we cannot.
Old 10-03-2005   #29
lucky13

by the way, the original post of a 3rd rounder plus a scrub receiver for rivers shows the (lack of) level of discourse in here. rivers was the 4th pick in the draft, and he has played well when he has had a chance. his price tag is a mid first-round pick. except in fantasyland, of course.
Old 10-03-2005   #30
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Dave Ragone may not "move" if you mean scramble around and break off the occasional big run. However, he does move around well in a collapsing pocket, giving his receivers that extra little bit of time to get open - and then he delivers the ball.
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005   #31
lucky13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner
Dave Ragone may not "move" if you mean scramble around and break off the occasional big run. However, he does move around well in a collapsing pocket, giving his receivers that extra little bit of time to get open - and then he delivers the ball.
please- he reminds me of stabler at the end of his career.
Old 10-03-2005   #32
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

Here's an idea: Lets give Carr an O Line and see what can be acomplished. Our coaches finally came through and let him throw shorter passes and put Gaffney in and we should've beat an undefeated team. Instead of bailing Carr, lets help him out. Too many fans are rushing to hit the panic button and its driving me crazy.
LORK 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005   #33
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
He may have more awareness to not sack himself like like a beaten puppy Carr has become.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005   #34
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Right - they're both left handed.
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005   #35
buckeye45331
Rookie

Sorry to still be trolling on your message board, but getting rid of David Carr, I feel would be a huge mistake. He looks like an extremely talented QB with little to no protection. As a long time Bengal fan, I'm very familiar with that! I think a good plan would be to continue to develop David Carr, and get him some proven offensive linemen as well as build through the draft. To give up 5 sacks (or whatever it was) to the Bengals (who have had little to no pass rush all year) is atrocious!
buckeye45331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005   #36
TemeculaMike
Rookie

A trade for Rivers is unlikely for a number of reasons:

1. A trade in 2005 causes the Chargers to take a 11 million dollar cap hit - won't happen.

2. A trade in 2006 causes the Chargers to take approximately an $8 million cap hit.

3. Rivers would do much worse than Carr. Rivers has no experience running for his life. Carr does and the way things are going with the Texans O-Line, Carr will enter the hall of fame under the category of most lateral yards while being chased by defensive tackles.

The only way Rivers gets traded by the Chargers is if he gives back $8 million next year. He could renegotiate his contract, but he would have to trust the "new" team to give him back the $8 mil + much more under a new deal. His agent won't let that happen.

Rivers will remain a Charger for the foreseeable future.
TemeculaMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005   #37
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 48117 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Why would you want to ruin another promising young Qb by bringing him in here to get the **** knocked out of him?... I've been one of the more supportive posters regarding the oline. However, it is an absolutely disaster and I can't justify it anymore. 20 sacks in 3 games! Good Grief!!
dalemurphy is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read