Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-02-2005   #1
blockhead83
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to blockhead83
Default Positives and Negatives from Cincy

Positives:
- We look like a real NFL offense with Pendry running the show. The playcalling seemed appropriate and actually worked occasionally.
- David Carr made alot of good plays, and very few poor decisions. He was smart with the football, avoiding poor throws and throwing out of bounds when necessary. He did however run backwards on two of the sacks for major losses.
- Jabar Gaffney played great football today. When the ball was thrown his way he made positive things happen for us.
- P. Buchanon apparently realised even he has to tackle. He made several solid efforts to bring someone down.
- Dunta is a top flight corner. He's our biggest stud on defense, hands down.
- The defense held the Bengals, who have been rolling on offense, to 16 points. That's really a commendable performance.

Negatives:
- Bonehead penalties. Peek head-butting someone 10 yards out of bounds, continuing a drive for the Bengals, falls under this label I believe.
- No pressure. We even sent 5+ blitzers on some downs and they picked it up with ease. All those Peek fanatics have to be disappointed so far. His increased play time hasn't reaped many rewards. We need to find a way to get in the QB's face.
- The O-line is still underperforming at times. This seems much improved, despite the sack totals. Still needs improvement.
- AJ is pretty much a non-factor when you look at him by himself. He does however make opportunities for guys like Gaffney. How do teams like the Eagles or the Raiders still find a way to get TO and Moss the ball, but all we can do for AJ is throw little swing passes?
- The Refs. They sucked. Period.
- Marcellus Rivers dropped two perfectly good passes in a critical situation.
- PBuch is failing as our punt returner. Crash and burn failing.
- Still no turn overs from our D.

Overall, almost a complete turnaround for us. I have new hope in Carr and Capers. I'm willing to forget those first two games if they can continue to show improvement this season. Hell, it might even buy Capers and Co. 1 more year.
blockhead83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #2
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Ya know, the Peek thing is weird. It's no surprise that he misses assignments and shows lack of experience, but I really thought he would be a sack machine when the situation called for it. I guess the energy level isn't there when he has to play the whole game, or most of it.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #3
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 31584 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72
Ya know, the Peek thing is weird. It's no surprise that he misses assignments and shows lack of experience, but I really thought he would be a sack machine when the situation called for it. I guess the energy level isn't there when he has to play the whole game, or most of it.
Peek is the third best player on that defense, after Payne and Robinson. He almost forced one turnover and was pretty consistant at force Palmer to step up. However, TJohnson and RSmith had absolutely no push most of the game.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #4
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 187 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy
Peek is the third best player on that defense, after Payne and Robinson. He almost forced one turnover and was pretty consistant at force Palmer to step up. However, TJohnson and RSmith had absolutely no push most of the game.
I felt like big Robaire kept decent pressure on passing plays, and the whole line did a good job keepin rudi in check. As far as the rookie.. uhh didnt we pass on Pollack. He sure looks like a nice prospect for cincy. I am also extremely disappointed our only sack came from a corner blitz. I hate to gripe since we did do a good job on the #2 offense in the league. We'll just keep improving.
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #5
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I've thought this year that Robaire was good as well. His biggest problem seems to be that he is just nowhere near fast enough to catch a QB once they start to run from him. Can you blame a 3-4 DL for that? It's one of the things I don't like about the 3-4. I'm not ready to give up on Peek or anything. I just hoped he'd do more sooner.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #6
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 187 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

Well put. Speed is definately an issue on the line.
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #7
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockhead83
Positives:
- We look like a real NFL offense with Pendry running the show. The playcalling seemed appropriate and actually worked occasionally.
- David Carr made alot of good plays, and very few poor decisions. He was smart with the football, avoiding poor throws and throwing out of bounds when necessary. He did however run backwards on two of the sacks for major losses.
- Jabar Gaffney played great football today. When the ball was thrown his way he made positive things happen for us.
- P. Buchanon apparently realised even he has to tackle. He made several solid efforts to bring someone down.
- Dunta is a top flight corner. He's our biggest stud on defense, hands down.
- The defense held the Bengals, who have been rolling on offense, to 16 points. That's really a commendable performance.
Other positives...
Mathis had two big returns almost to the 40 yard like on Kickoffs.
CC Brown continues to play with speed and energy and the guy can deliver a hit.
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read