Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-02-2005   #1
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle
Default Chad Johnson cant check off our guys

Funny how this guy does not get talked about as a punk with the likes of TO and or Moss.

Well he cannot check off our guys, he had a mediocre game nothing special at all!
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #2
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I saw a quote from him after the game and he said he was doubled and triple teamed at times.. He said the Texans were throwing exotic coverages at him.

I guess he has a hard time giving credit where credit is due
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #3
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

I'm kinda torn on Johnson. A lot of the stuff he does seems to be in good fun (I thought the Peptol Bismol bit was hilarious). Even the "list" was meant as a joke as every Bengal player has his own list (their kicker is checking off celebrities he's trying to get dates with).

If Johnson's intent is to embarass his opponents for the sake of drawing attention to himself, then it's clearly another matter. But maybe he's just goofing around. I haven't been able to tell the difference yet.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #4
Cincinnatikid
Veteran

I think what many people dont get is what he really does for the bengals. He was being doubled a lot of the game, and that is why TJ destroyed texans. Chad is either going to have a huge day, or teams will take him away which opens up the other players. He is actually very unselfish, and in many interviews he has said that if teams want to double and triple up on him then fine because the other receivers are good and will dominate. TJ was making dunta look silly and taht is why the bengals ended up winning.
Cincinnatikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #5
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincinnatikid
TJ was making dunta look silly and taht is why the bengals ended up winning.
TJ had a good game but lets not go that far. Most of TJs passes were slant routes and timing routes that are hard to defend. Dunta was 1v1 a lot during them game and had a good game. Cornerbacks are not expected to be perfect, and Dunta was not perfect but he had a good game and was never burned for a big play. If you break no big plays you didn't make the corner look "silly".
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #6
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge
I'm kinda torn on Johnson. A lot of the stuff he does seems to be in good fun (I thought the Peptol Bismol bit was hilarious). Even the "list" was meant as a joke as every Bengal player has his own list (their kicker is checking off celebrities he's trying to get dates with).

If Johnson's intent is to embarass his opponents for the sake of drawing attention to himself, then it's clearly another matter. But maybe he's just goofing around. I haven't been able to tell the difference yet.
I also find Chad Johnson very entertaining. I mean the clown suit, the gold teeth, the dancing. He is cocky and talks alot but I think it is in good fun. I like him. But I loved seeing CC Brown drop the hammer on him and seeing the confused "I just got knocked the **** out" look on Chad's face. That was worth tuning in for. It was even better when the catch Chad had made got called back so he took that huge hit for nothing.
Old 10-03-2005   #7
Youngstown Colt
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeagle
Funny how this guy does not get talked about as a punk with the likes of TO and or Moss.

Well he cannot check off our guys, he had a mediocre game nothing special at all!
That's because Chad is well liked around the league. He has fun with the game, and doesn't act like a pompus *** like TO or Moss.
Old 10-03-2005   #8
Youngstown Colt
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge
The Browns locker room erupted with laughter when they got the Pepto in the mail. They understand Chad is trying to be an entertainer.
Old 10-03-2005   #9
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 314423 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
I saw a quote from him after the game and he said he was doubled and triple teamed at times. He said the Texans were throwing exotic coverages at him.
heh, "exotic" for a Capers defense. Dude must have suffered a concussion from one of those hits.

I've got nothing personal against CJ. He's a talented player. I'm just glad he didn't get to do his little dance today that he's been practicing in front of the mirror all week. Guess he's got another 7 days to perfect those moves.
Old 10-03-2005   #10
touttail
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
I saw a quote from him after the game and he said he was doubled and triple teamed at times.. He said the Texans were throwing exotic coverages at him.

I guess he has a hard time giving credit where credit is due
I seen very little double team and no triple team coverage on him. MColeman, PBuc, or Petey was covering him one on one during the game.

bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005   #11
TexanAggie
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by touttail
I seen very little double team and no triple team coverage on him. MColeman, PBuc, or Petey was covering him one on one during the game.

bobby 119C

obviously he was at least double teamed if their 2nd WR ate us up and down the field. If he was one on one he would have made a bigger impact.....
TexanAggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005   #12
bengalsown
Rookie

Yeah, Chad sure did get stopped.

He only had 7 catches

BTW, he checked No.
bengalsown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005   #13
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalsown
Yeah, Chad sure did get stopped.

He only had 7 catches

BTW, he checked No.
Your forgeting Chad had over 10 less yards per catch than he has had in his previous few games, ZERO touchdowns, and no big plays. Chad Johnson was a non-factor in this game, compared to what he normally is.

Little short passes build stats but they won't lead you to the land of elite reciever.

Chad was glad the team won but disappointed in his own personal results.
Old 10-05-2005   #14
touttail
All Pro

CJ came back down to earth and wouldn't admit that he's just a human reciever, not Super Man!

bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005   #15
The Misfortune teller
Rookie

Chad checked no for the 7 catches for 67 yards, and the single coverage on Housh. To say he was a nonfactor is stupid
The Misfortune teller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005   #16
bengalsown
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBC_Justin
Your forgeting Chad had over 10 less yards per catch than he has had in his previous few games, ZERO touchdowns, and no big plays. Chad Johnson was a non-factor in this game, compared to what he normally is.

Little short passes build stats but they won't lead you to the land of elite reciever.

Yeah, little short passes only net you first downs. Such a wasted effort.

bengalsown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005   #17
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBC_Justin

Chad was a factor in that game as the Bengals had several long drives keeping our offense off the field. Do you ever apply your arguments both ways? All we do is throw little short passes and heck, we don't win.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005   #18
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 63828 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

i think that chad did not have a great game. he should not check off our guys BUT he did contribute a bit.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005   #19
Cincinnatikid
Veteran

The guy did have 7 catches, and how many were first downs? Also, him being on the field is a factor because it leaves everyone else to run through the zones uncoverd or in single coverage. He did his job, and if he wasnt as good as he was that would change coverages and how the bengals play. But he is that good.
Cincinnatikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005   #20
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeagle

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! This is very true. And things haven't been all that good this season, CJ. Shame, shame. AH WELL!!! lol @ CJ.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read