Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 05-04-2004   #21
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainPatriot
I`m not a Colts Fan but I think Bob Sanders will do good!
He could be great, but with the departure of Marcus Robinson and Harrison becoming a FA, this could be the last year for the Colts to get to the promise land. With the 100 billion dollars they gave to Manning, they might not be able to resign Harrison without cutting some other players or they will have to let him walk. Unless he for the Colts for less money...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004   #22
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

They show the same 10-20 plays over and over and over and over again.
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004   #23
DoCt3rJ
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DoCt3rJ

I think Pope will be Washington's replacement, hes really quick.
DoCt3rJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004   #24
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

i couldn't imagine them letting harrison go...i could see them letting james go just because he's been hurt enough not to really franchise back they were hopeing for...but they'll keep harrison because besides him who is the go to guy on the team?...they should be able to afford him too...every team is able to afford a franchise QB and a franchise WR right?
Old 05-05-2004   #25
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyfro
i couldn't imagine them letting harrison go...i could see them letting james go just because he's been hurt enough not to really franchise back they were hopeing for...but they'll keep harrison because besides him who is the go to guy on the team?...they should be able to afford him too...every team is able to afford a franchise QB and a franchise WR right?
It seems that you can afford either:

A: A solid team with no QB/WR stars.
Baltimore/Carolina/Miami

B: Or a great duo or trio, but the team as a whole isnt solid.
St. Louis/Indy/Kansas City

But no team IMO, will be great, without a stud RB.
Old 05-05-2004   #26
HoustonTexansAreTheBest
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_ROCK
It seems that you can afford either:

A: A solid team with no QB/WR stars.
Baltimore/Carolina/Miami

B: Or a great duo or trio, but the team as a whole isnt solid.
St. Louis/Indy/Kansas City
A

Baltimore is still trying to develope Kyle Boller who can turn into a franchicse QB still.

Miami has C Chambers, so there's your WR star. Not to mention David Boston, yes he had a bad yr with Chargers, but remember his AZ Cardinals Days.

B

KC has no trio, they don't even have a duo. I don't count T Green as being a franchise QB. BUt yes I can't wait to see people argue me on that. P Holmes is all KC has over QB/RB/WR

"Hope Is On the Way"-John Edwards
HoustonTexansAreTheBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004   #27
HoustonTexansAreTheBest
Veteran

Quote:
But no team IMO, will be great, without a stud RB.
How about the NE Patriots who won two SB without the greatest of RBs

Sponsored links
Old 05-05-2004   #28
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

the thing is i know that having a salary cap is a good thing for the overall league and that it creates fairness in the league...but it's not fair to us fans to see our teams best players get taken away in FA because the money isn't there...sure the player can take less money and stay but who is gonna turn down millions of dollars...no one...except pat tillman that is...anyways...i'm sure the colts will decide to keep the trio and hope for a blue collar defense to step up...with that being said...what would you prefer the texans choice when it comes time for us to try and afford carr, andre, and davis?
Old 05-06-2004   #29
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonTexansAreTheBest
How about the NE Patriots who won two SB without the greatest of RBs
I dont think people give Smith the credit he deserves. I guess i jumped the gun when I said stud back. What I should have said, is proven back. Smith holds on to the ball, doesnt have the greatest line, plays in snow.
Old 05-06-2004   #30
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

I would rate Antowain Smith as one of the top 10, maybe even top 5, worst starting HB's in the NFL last season. I think Kevin Faulk bailed them out a lot on 3rd downs.

Smith played well in 2001 though. That was probably his best season in the NFL.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004   #31
Blake
MMQB

right up there with James Allen, and Stacey Mack.
Old 05-06-2004   #32
wiley2002
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyfro
...what would you prefer the texans choice when it comes time for us to try and afford carr, andre, and davis?
We'll worry about that when the time comes. Hopefully one of the three will be willing to take a pay cut. I don't even want to think about the worst case senario.
wiley2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004   #33
HoustonTexansAreTheBest
Veteran

thats why a smith has been released......i'm sure you guys know something bellicheck and co don't know

Old 05-06-2004   #34
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
right up there with James Allen, and Stacey Mack.
I think you mean Mercellis and Stacey Mack. He He He!
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read