Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-02-2005   #1
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Only for the optimists and loyalists

I am not going to lie, this loss sucks, especially with that bull**** call , but I am encouraged by the improvement that the offense made today. I know it wasn't pretty all the time but when things were clicking they moved the ball very well. As the optimist, I hope that this will only be a sign of more improvements to come offensely and as a loyalist, even though we didn't win, when I left my house today after the game, my Texans jersey stayed on my back and I will continue to bleed Texan red, white and blue!
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #2
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 140 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexMexVato
I am not going to lie, this loss sucks, especially with that bull**** call , but I am encouraged by the improvement that the offense made today. I know it wasn't pretty all the time but when things were clicking they moved the ball very well. As the optimist, I hope that this will only be a sign of more improvements to come offensely and as a loyalist, even though we didn't win, when I left my house today after the game, my Texans jersey stayed on my back and I will continue to bleed Texan red, white and blue!
At worst were one game closer to D Ferguson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #3
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

yeah, this loss didn't sting as bad as the first two. It's not being a blind homer to try to take something positive out of this game.

We actually scored first downs on the first drive of the game, which has been three-and-outs in the first two games. That was a positive, without a doubt.

I like the bootlegs, too, along with hardly any audibles being called at the line.

The defense did alright in a bend-don't-break way (along with some penalties that went our way), but I'm really surprised that we haven't gotten any turnovers. That's gotta' change SOON!
Old 10-02-2005   #4
Elite
Veteran

Yeah this loss wasnt as Bad the Defense Made up for the Poor QB play we have. may be we can draft a real QB next year.
Old 10-02-2005   #5
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

I hated the loss, but I was happy to see that we were still in it in the fourth quarter. Our offense showed they could make things happen, and I was most impressed by Davis, who really seemed to have stepped up. I have been giving the Texans running game a hard time lately, and while I am still not convinced that the backs we have are the answers we need, this was a much better game. The defense held a very productive team to 16 points. Not even UT or USC did that this weekend, so I was happy with their abilities. I think like everyone else though, I am really missing those turnovers. When do we get to get some?
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #6
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Well im a halfway optimist . This game gave me some optimism about salvaging at least part of our gameplan.

But, i am still of the opinion that Capers needs to go.. and that Carr will never reach his potential and be a quality starter for us (and I hate that...i love carr)

one of these stud LTs in the first round sounds good.. but maybe in the second we should look at a QB to start GROOMING (NOT starting).. maybe Reggie McNeal
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #7
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8733 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
Well im a halfway optimist . This game gave me some optimism about salvaging at least part of our gameplan.

But, i am still of the opinion that Capers needs to go.. and that Carr will never reach his potential and be a quality starter for us (and I hate that...i love carr)

one of these stud LTs in the first round sounds good.. but maybe in the second we should look at a QB to start GROOMING (NOT starting).. maybe Reggie McNeal
please dont pick another back up in the early rounds. lets get some players around the few good guys we have and then see what happens. but please no trades and no back ups in the first 3 rounds. how bout 2 lineman, te, and a olb.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-02-2005   #8
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

good linemen can be had in any round.. all the way to the 7th. Olinemen are one of the ONLY positions where you can get quality starter material on the second day.

I have no issue with getting one of the stud tackles though.. really good tackles are first round talent.

But seriously.. we need to replace our coaches.. find out what they want to do with the team.. and then let them pick the QB to start grooming behind Carr. We need someone.. i dont think ragone is it. Carr is quickly becoming a bust..and I dont think he can turn it around.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #9
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Well we looked better for sure espicially that first drive until #80 dropped the simplest pass in the history of football.

What a way to lose a game, but who knows what would happen if they get that call right or not.
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #10
rockabilly
Veteran

Rep Power: 31 rockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respected

I was very happy with the improvement this week. Yes it was a loss, but this is AWAY, against a very powerful playoff caliber team. We could of won this game realistically. I really do feel that that bull call is what did it. They were moving the ball really well till that point. We would of at least got a field goal if not a td for the win. Thanks refs.
rockabilly is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read