Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-02-2005   #1
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

Default individual grades for the o line?

I was wondering since I haven't been able to see any of the games, how would you grade each of the o linemen throught out the first 3 games?
Old 10-02-2005   #2
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

I don't know about the other guys, but after that last game, Riley should get a big fat F tattooed to his forehead.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #3
touttail
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzeppelin269
I don't know about the other guys, but after that last game, Riley should get a big fat F tattooed to his forehead.

I seen Thurman double teamed twice by Riley and our guard. He still got through. I agree a D- or an F.

bobby 119C :brickwall

Last edited by touttail; 10-03-2005 at 05:00 AM.
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #4
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by touttail
I seen Thurman double teamed twice by Rily and our guard. He still got through. I agree a D- or an F.

FfFff if that should pretty much explain it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #5
Elite
Veteran

Over all For the Whole Season i give them A C- The O-Line is catching Alot of heat but they only look worse with a QB that Holds on to long to the Ball Runs out of bounds as soon as the ball is snapped for negative Yardage wich itself Becomes a Sack
Old 10-02-2005   #6
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

That drive where we managed -8 yards total because Riley let everybody and their dog through his side - I give the Left Side a D-, but Riley an F. WHERE IS WAND????? Bring the kid back in!!! Anything has got to be better than this. We had a real chance to win, and the part where Riley played this week's matador was where we lost the game. :brickwall
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #7
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 63823 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

The coaches made a change for change's sake at the beginnning of camp this year. I guess that was their idea of doing something when they couldn't really fix (or identify) the problems.

I've stated before that replacing Wand with Pace wouldn't have fixed much in this offense, so replacing Wand with a lesser talent like Riley who is a career right tackle didn't have much chance for success.

Wand was not the worst lineman last year; but he had the fewest years and smallest salary so he was sacrificed. You see this in a lot places with Texans - a high draft pick and/or salary pretty much guarantees your spot with the team.

C'mon coaches - play the best players. You've started doing that on defense, now let's fix the offense.

Last edited by Runner; 10-02-2005 at 08:56 PM.
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-02-2005   #8
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner
The coaches made a change for change's sake at the beginnning of camp this year. I guess that was their idea of doing something, when they couldn't really fix (or identify) the problems.

I've stated before that replacing Wand with Pace wouldn't have fixed much in this offense, so replacing Wand with a lesser talent like Riley who is a career right tackle didn't have much chance for success

Wand was not the worst lineman last year; but he had the fewest years and smallest salary so he was sacrificed. You see this in a lot places with Texans - a high draft pick and/or salary pretty much guarantees your spot with the team.

C'mom coaches - play the best players. You've started doing that on defense, now let's fix the offense.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #9
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Good post runner.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #10
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-minus67
I was wondering since I haven't been able to see any of the games, how would you grade each of the o linemen throught out the first 3 games?
Riley: got beat multiple times by rookie Pollack, we had some good runs on his side, but also a lot of 1 or 2 yd runs..... F
Pitts: Didn't see to much wrong, ussually our most consitent lineman, but like I said earlier, we got stuffued a lot when we run left... C
McKinney: let a middle linebacker go right by him and sack Carr, looked confused several times, however, he did have good runs by starting left and cutting it back toward the middle....D+
Wiegert: didn;t see too much of him, but he got beat at least once....D
Wade, beat on the fumble play and got pushed around every now and then.. D-

My opinion. I think our backs have done a much better job of blocking sine Buffalo, but there are still alot of mistakes and missed assignments.

PS- I think Freany will literally kill DC, since we dont throw to TE and when we do they dont cathc, they better double him EVERY play!!!
Old 10-02-2005   #11
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75355 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't want to play the Colts. Let's just forfeit and take a break.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005   #12
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75355 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

When did we get a Kar?

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005   #13
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

People are critizing Carr, but they are saying the O-line was basically worthless today. It doesn't compute and I have been saying that all along. We promote the O-line coach who can't make the O-line go to OC and say he will know the protection schemes. Its really too much when you think about it. There are so many disconnects with what people are saying, but that's all right. The answer is the coaching staff, but people just can't believe it is. Have you ever heard Capers pointing to himself????????????????????????????????? By the way the defense isn't fixed either. In fact it's as big a problem as the offense although it doesn't look like it. Our 1st qtr defense is worthless and it sets the tenor for the game..........
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005   #14
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayseed2002
Till he becomes an average QB..... I guess I can give him his other R...... Karr
What about the C that his last name starts with? Or is the K some form of motivational disrespect?

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005   #15
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry
The answer is the coaching staff, but people just can't believe it is. Have you ever heard Capers pointing to himself?????????????????????????????????
Your probably right.
It will probably be fully addressed in the offseason.

Keep your eye open for job applicants as we play some of these teams.
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005   #16
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry
Have you ever heard Capers pointing to himself?????????????????????????????????
He never points at anyone, which is the mark of a good coach. Man you bish alot...
Malloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005   #17
ohwhyknott
Rookie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by touttail
I seen Thurman double teamed twice by Rily and our guard. He still got through. I agree a D- or an F.

Guys, I'm sorry to butt in, but I thought the TEXANS looked great! By far, the best team to show up on us all year!!! Your running game hammered us, all day long! Great job Davis! Carr looked much better than, okay Orten,but he's a kid. (Not a jab) I respect your team too much for that!!! But what about Dilfer & Culpepper? Those guys are vets, With a lot of expierience, that crumbled under the pressure & well, You saw the stats. David Carr was cool under pressure, & made a lot of very good throws, & Trust me brother, I'm NOT just saying this, but Odell Thurman totally destroyed all of those other teams( he was actually projected to be a top 5 pick, before some disipline problems at Georgia---& fell, big time in the draft) Everybody passes on potential problems, that high in the draft---too much, on the line!!! & Cincy was very lucky, he was still there.(EXAMPLE) Jack Lambert---5th. round---Kent state---What a steal that was. Why do you think we got all of those turn-overs? David Pollack recorded his first sack today. He's been close a lot & caused a lot of hurries, & linemen getting bent over by his "BULL"-rush (sorry-no pun intended) Your offensive Line deserves a lot of credit. They busted us in the mouth more than once!!!---I'm not here to gloat, as you can tell. But that was a great game today! & fun to watch!!! Great Show TEXANS!!! Scared me good! See ya in the play-offs, for sure, if both teams keep playing like they did today!!!---Oh yea! I just saw the score of the Astros game!!!---Houston---you DON'T have a problem!!! (kidding) You've just had a great day in sports!!! Congrats!!! & GO TEXANS!!!!!!!

Last edited by ohwhyknott; 10-03-2005 at 02:01 AM.
ohwhyknott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005   #18
SESupergenius

Anyone giving them a grade better than an F, you're kidding yourself.
Old 10-03-2005   #19
ohwhyknott
Rookie

Zeppelin Rules---Nuff Said!
Old 10-03-2005   #20
ohwhyknott
Rookie

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBC_Justin
Your probably right.
It will probably be fully addressed in the offseason.

Keep your eye open for job applicants as we play some of these teams.
Sorry , but you can't have Marvin!---Great game---TEXANS ROCK!!! & WHO DEY!---sorry, just had to do that.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read