Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-02-2005   #1
Proteus
Rookie

Default Does this come as a shock to anyone?

My fellow Texans who actually see the big picture,
Did anyone truely expect our Texans to win today? Did any of you really believe David Carr and company could upset the Bangles? I pray that you all said 'no' to these questions. Stop living in the Land of Make Believe where Capers can call a good play, the O-Line can block, David Carr is worth the money he is paid, and the Texans are 16 - 0. Well, I have finally woken up to the fact that this team isn't worth ****. Maybe, just maybe, one day the Texans will be contenders. Then I can finally write a post praising the greatest team ever assembled! But until then, I will no longer be shocked and dismayed over the apparent debotchery of this wonderful game as displayed by the football team known as the Houston Texans. All I can say is this... Defense, you kept the Bangles from totally destroying the scoreboard. Good Job. Offense, Carr especially, you disappoint me. Maybe all of you will be next on the "Your Fired" list. Capers, your name is on the top!
~Proteus
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #2
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 243703 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Did any of you really believe David Carr and company could upset the Bangles?
Absolutely. And if you believe otherwise then you, a.) don't know NFL football, and b,) didn't notice that it was 13-10 with just under 4 mins left and the Texans had the ball. That, my friend, is the definition of a chance to upset.

I thought one of two things would happen - either the Bengals blow us out, or we keep it close and YES, have a chance to win. And we did have a chance to win, that was blown by the refs. I pray for the days when we don't have to wait until the 4th Q to see if we have a chance at winning, but I'll take it over the past 4 games anytime.
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #3
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 31690 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

They lost by less than a TD and extra point. I'd say they had the chance to win.
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #4
Proteus
Rookie

a) I do know football... more than you could ever know, and b) There are MANY chances, MANY close calls, and MANY fingers can point at a bad call from a ref.... the bottom line is that when the last second ticks away, we still lost. Do you think I am surprised when the Texans came ever so close to defeating the Bangles? No. But it was DEFINATELY not a shock when they lost.
~Proteus
Old 10-02-2005   #5
William.carter
Veteran

Default Weak Proteus!

It only took you 9 posts to give up on your team. What a fan. Besides, they were a BS call away from a great shot at a huge upset. Good luck with the next team you choose to cheer on. I hope they have the advantage of hindsight when it comes to drafting and play calling. That seems to be the only way to keep fans like you happy.
William.carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #6
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 31690 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus
But it was DEFINATELY not a shock when they lost.
~Proteus
And that DEFINITELY wasn't your original question.
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #7
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

We looked better.

A loss is a loss, but THAT loss was easier to swallow than the past two.

I've been a big basher, but I will say that at least we didn't look horrible out there. Even though we lost, I enjoyed watching this game. The past two games were not even worth watching.

Why are you so down on the team? They DO deserve a little bashing, but your comments (to me) signal you are giving up completely...until they make a historic comeback, and then we'll see you again.

Stick around. Nothing worth fighting for is easily won. We're gonna' get a little dirty and a little banged up on the way...but it's worth the rough times.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-02-2005   #8
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando
I would rather lose the way we did today than the previous weeks. We were competitive and could have won without the p*** poor officiating.
How many games have we pointed to the officiating. I've done the same thing and there's no question that certain calls have hurt us, but that's because the game is always played close the vest where 1 play does you in. You have to have a cushion for mistakes and we never have any. No the coaching staff is the problem, not the players.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #9
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

Negatives- feel free to add on

DC is on pace to breaking his first season sack record. :brickwall

AJ, if I'm not mistaken, touched the ball only twice today???!!!!! :brickwall

Defense can't get to the QB, can't get in front of the ball to cause an interception.

Refs made a bad call of which EVERYONE agrees they did.

Positives-
They moved the ball much better than the first 2 games.

D. Rob is a beast.
Old 10-02-2005   #10
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
My fellow Texans who actually see the big picture,
Did anyone truely expect our Texans to win today? Did any of you really believe David Carr and company could upset the Bangles? I pray that you all said 'no' to these questions. Stop living in the Land of Make Believe where Capers can call a good play, the O-Line can block, David Carr is worth the money he is paid, and the Texans are 16 - 0. Well, I have finally woken up to the fact that this team isn't worth ****. Maybe, just maybe, one day the Texans will be contenders. Then I can finally write a post praising the greatest team ever assembled! But until then, I will no longer be shocked and dismayed over the apparent debotchery of this wonderful game as displayed by the football team known as the Houston Texans. All I can say is this... Defense, you kept the Bangles from totally destroying the scoreboard. Good Job. Offense, Carr especially, you disappoint me. Maybe all of you will be next on the "Your Fired" list. Capers, your name is on the top!
~Proteus
Post summary.
You pray none of the Texans fans have any hope.
You will only praise them when they go 16-0.
You want Carr fired after he played a decent game today.

Your a great fan.
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #11
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFan
He also dropped it a couple of times :I
Malloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #12
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Quote:

It isn't his sack record....it is the teams more specifically the O-line. We have guys on this team that play positions like say....Guard...and their job is to say...Guard the QB.....simple concept but they aren't getting it. Plus I will take a few sacks with ZERO interecptions any day. Carr played smart today.

Oh AJ touched the ball more than twice today. He just could catch it. Dropped balls... :brickwall
Old 10-02-2005   #13
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

Quote:

Defense can't get to the QB, can't get in front of the ball to cause an interception.

Refs made a bad call of which EVERYONE agrees they did.

Positives-
They moved the ball much better than the first 2 games.

D. Rob is a beast.
NEGATIVES???

I thought they played too soft in the secondary. On 3rd and long, they would give the WR's too much room to sit down and make a play.

Carr still made several mistakes, but was much better than he was in the first two games. He just seems to panic whenever there is the slightest bit of pressure.

There were still too many penalties.

Overall, this was a much better game in every way. I don't like to lose, but this was an enjoyable game to watch. This game gave me hope for the rest of the season.
vtech9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #14
Proteus
Rookie

Default Plainly stated...

I guess I'll put it like this so everyone can understand:
CLOSE only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades,
CLOSE dosn't win games,
CLOSE certainly won't get us to the playoffs,
and CLOSE will never get us to the Super Bowl.

People who come in second place say, "Well, we were close!"
People who have a Super Bowl ring say, "Well, they came close... better luck next season. Now I'm going to polish my new ring."

~Proteus
Old 10-02-2005   #15
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Playoffs are the least of our worries. Showing progress on the team is what counts atm.
Old 10-02-2005   #16
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy
Playoffs are the least of our worries. Showing progress on the team is what counts atm.
Progress??? It's amazing how far the bar has been lowered.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #17
Elite
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food

Thats exactly what i was thinking i hope its the beer talking but we had a horrible performance today i never saw any fight in the offense today they just look dead like the field general.
Old 10-02-2005   #18
Malloy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food

At least I can change my expectations based on what is going on. I even think it's better than keeping whining about H-town not winning the SB already.

I can HOPE that the team does make the playoffs, but I'm pleased with ANY progress, what's so wrong with that ?
Old 10-02-2005   #19
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Quote:
I guess I'll put it like this so everyone can understand:
CLOSE only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades,
CLOSE dosn't win games,

People who come in second place say, "Well, we were close!"
People who have a Super Bowl ring say, "Well, they came close... better luck next season. Now I'm going to polish my new ring."

~Proteus
Did you watch the first two games?!?!
You have to crawl before you walk.

I was hoping we would at least be competitive and have a shot to win the game. Your expectation are WAY WAY too high.(Actually nevermind your expections were not too high because you don't live in the "land of make believe".)

Relax go put on your Astros jersey and enjoy the play offs. I don't think football is your sport.

As a fan who has a brain I realize the words "super bowl ring" should not even be in our vocabulary right now.

maybe for your own sake you should write the team off for the year and go enjoy other hobbies. It seems to be taking a toll on you.
Old 10-02-2005   #20
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182216 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

:brickwall The radio folks said Dunta Robinson was becoming the leader of the team . While I think Drob is a great player its scary thinking a 2nd year player is the leader .

Rebuilding before you've built is a scary thing .
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read