Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-02-2005   #1
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 72472 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Accountability

If accountability for your own play is really the new trademark of the Texans, Riley is the next to sit. When you look at penalties, sacks, and especially hurries he didn't do well today.

They sure pulled Peek out fast when he screwed up.
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #2
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner
If accountability for your own play is really the new trademark of the Texans, Riley is the next to sit. When you look at penalties, sacks, and especially hurries he didn't do well today.

I'm glad someone else noticed this. Riley looked like he had a load of concret in his pants!! He let a rookie make a fool out of him!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #3
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

So, who replaces him???? Wand? Not exactly an upgrade.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #4
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

We need to put Pitts back over there. Atleast he's athletic enough to stay in front of the defender.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #5
CyberTexan
Veteran

I agree they should have pulled him and put in Wand Riley played like **** , I am happy with the way the offense played for the most part I did like the play calling its the defense I didnt like there was way too much time for Palmer again that was even theyre normal Oline and they held us from getting to the QB . Other than the BS Call of a fumble when it was a pass I would give the Offense a B Defense a D-
CyberTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #6
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

I cant wait to hear everyones excuses for the oline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #7
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I am wondering if Riley is much of an upgrade over Wand

atleast Wand is learning and improve.. Riley basically is all he ever is going to be
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-02-2005   #8
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 72472 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72
So, who replaces him???? Wand? Not exactly an upgrade.
Well, Wand would be an upgrade. Opinions DEFINITELY vary on this subject though.

Let the young guy play - let him have a chance to make that big improvement that Pitts made between his 2nd and 3rd years. He can still improve; Riley is on the decline.

Riley still doesn't have all the line calls down yet - I've given some examples of that in other posts so I won't delve into them here.

Also, I think Riley is getting fined pretty frequently for not making weight - and it looks like he must have a pretty liberal weight to make. If he can't even get into the playing shape the coaches want, why let him play?

Last edited by Runner; 10-02-2005 at 04:37 PM.
Old 10-02-2005   #9
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 11734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

at the end of the year we will have a choice of any lt in the draft that we want.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #10
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

I didnt see Riley much.. im terrible when it comes to watching the Oline.. its like trying to read a different language for me.. I just dont understand it, or know what to look for.

I did notice that we pulled Peek out fast when he screwed up.. and Capers even got in his face a bit.. I loved it. I mean I like peek and all, but its good to see us showing a little backbone about those kinds of things.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #11
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I have no clue why, but they have Riley and Pitts swapped and in the wrong spots.....Pitts has better feet and Riley is more of a mauling run blocker. Sometimes I don't think our coaching staff has a very good eye for talent....I mean it took an injury for us to start Gaffney over Bradford and he instantly catches 6 passes.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #12
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
I did notice that we pulled Peek out fast when he screwed up.. and Capers even got in his face a bit.. I loved it. I mean I like peek and all, but its good to see us showing a little backbone about those kinds of things.
I think Peek was a little to anxious to make a good showing for all his Cincy family and friends. Capers had to calm his butt down.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #13
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberTexan
I agree they should have pulled him and put in Wand Riley played like **** , I am happy with the way the offense played for the most part I did like the play calling its the defense I didnt like there was way too much time for Palmer again that was even theyre normal Oline and they held us from getting to the QB . Other than the BS Call of a fumble when it was a pass I would give the Offense a B Defense a D-
What game did you watch? It sure wasn't the game today with "our" Texans playing the Bengals...

I gave the offense a D and the defense a C for holding the Bengals and giving the offense a chance to win, which the didn't. They didn't move the ball well and made numerous mistakes, especially in the 2 minute offense.

Did anyone else notice that P-Buch actually hit someone??????
Old 10-02-2005   #14
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Bench Riley! Put in Wand!
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005   #15
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbeth
at the end of the year we will have a choice of any lt in the draft that we want.
A rookie left tackle next year - I can hardly wait, especially if the rest of the porous line is left as is.
Old 10-03-2005   #16
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Capers should start a benched club: the "What the Heck Were We Thinking Playing These Guys" club. Inaugural inductess are Babin, Buchanon, and RILEY.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005   #17
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner

What did they penalize Peek for anyways? They never even showed a replay of it. I heard somewhere that they claimed he head-butted someone from the Bengals but Peek said in a post-game interview he didn't head-butt him. Either way it allegedly happened off the field, so the refs apparently did a better job watching out of bounds after a play was done than watching the actual game.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005   #18
AlexVanderpool
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
I have no clue why, but they have Riley and Pitts swapped and in the wrong spots.....Pitts has better feet and Riley is more of a mauling run blocker. Sometimes I don't think our coaching staff has a very good eye for talent....I mean it took an injury for us to start Gaffney over Bradford and he instantly catches 6 passes.
I couldnt have said it better myself...it is almost as if they are getting some hidden incentive by playing pitts at guard....had he stayed at tackle, he would probably have been a solid LT by now IMO.
AlexVanderpool is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read