Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-02-2005   #1
WhoDeyBengals
Rookie

Rep Power: 48 WhoDeyBengals is a quality contributor and well respectedWhoDeyBengals is a quality contributor and well respectedWhoDeyBengals is a quality contributor and well respectedWhoDeyBengals is a quality contributor and well respectedWhoDeyBengals is a quality contributor and well respectedWhoDeyBengals is a quality contributor and well respectedWhoDeyBengals is a quality contributor and well respectedWhoDeyBengals is a quality contributor and well respectedWhoDeyBengals is a quality contributor and well respectedWhoDeyBengals is a quality contributor and well respectedWhoDeyBengals is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Hard Fought Game

Congratulations on putting up a hell of a fight, Texans. To the fans: you guys look like you have a season to look forward to, yet. The defense looked pretty solid, and your offense was clicking at times. It's just inconsistency.

On the bad call - no argument. That wasn't a fumble. But who can say what the outcome would have been?

Bottom line, great effort on both sides. I'm just worried about the injury reports now.
Old 10-02-2005   #2
TigerBait
Veteran

Your right, who knows what the outcome would have been if the fumble was called correctly, but noone, especially the refs, have the right to at least let us control our own destiny.
TigerBait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #3
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

We had a good chance of at least getting it to overtime if it hadnt been for that call.

its not the Bengals fault that the refs blew the call.. yall played a great game and I thought the Texans looked really good out there too.

Its a shame that a good game had to be ruined by a terrible call.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #4
metalmike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
We had a good chance of at least getting it to overtime if it hadnt been for that call.

its not the Bengals fault that the refs blew the call.. yall played a great game and I thought the Texans looked really good out there too.

you think Carr throwing down the middle of the field at the end with no timeouts is good? how about ending the game on his ***? we played better than before, but that's not saying much. these 7 and 10 points a game are going to get us the #1 draft pick. can we fast forward to next year?
metalmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #5
WhoDeyBengals
Rookie

Rep Power: 48 WhoDeyBengals is a quality contributor and well respectedWhoDeyBengals is a quality contributor and well respectedWhoDeyBengals is a quality contributor and well respectedWhoDeyBengals is a quality contributor and well respectedWhoDeyBengals is a quality contributor and well respectedWhoDeyBengals is a quality contributor and well respectedWhoDeyBengals is a quality contributor and well respectedWhoDeyBengals is a quality contributor and well respectedWhoDeyBengals is a quality contributor and well respectedWhoDeyBengals is a quality contributor and well respectedWhoDeyBengals is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
Here here. Well, here's to the Texans taking this in stride and turning there season around...

And here's to the Bengals taking the injuries they had in stride and keeping the tempo high for Jacksonville!

WHO DEY!!!
Old 10-02-2005   #6
Honch Delgado
Veteran

It was a good competitive game. That's all a fan asks for, that's all I ask for. I'll step up and eat crow. I thought the Texans would get destroyed, but they showed a lot of promise moving the ball and controlling the clock on offense under the Pendry plan. The O-line stepped up today and Gaffney finally got some balls thrown his way. Good tackling today by both DRob and Buchanan. Buchanan, who knew? If we can keep this type of morale going for the next 13 games I'll be satisfied. The negs: Stupid penalties and flag happy refs ruined this game. Throwing the ball down the field more would be nice, and how many times are we going to end a game with a sack.
Honch Delgado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #7
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Where was Chad Johnson?

Not in the endzone dancing. I guess he will have to save his surprise for the Jags.
Old 10-02-2005   #8
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 188 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedc
Where was Chad Johnson?

Not in the endzone dancing. I guess he will have to save his surprise for the Jags.

I am proud our boys kept their receivers out of the endzone.

As far as the refs...I dont blame them, but they did call some major ticky tacky calls the whole time(esp in the 1st half) on both teams. I say get out of their way and let em play!!

Also it was nice to yell at the TV that much.
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #9
metalmike
Veteran

I'm proud of our D for pretty much shutting Chad Johnson down. I did not want to see his *** dancing today. He can dance all he wants vs. the jags
metalmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #10
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 35326 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

WDB - class to come back and not rub it in. Agree on a well played game and though the moral victories get old after time, I was glad to see the TEXANS playing a close game this go around and not getting the shellacking we have recieved or that you have given in the previous games this season.

Good luck the rest of the way and actually, would be pretty cool to see y'all in the playoffs. It's been some time for your team and it's fans.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #11
touttail
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDeyBengals
On the bad call - no argument. That wasn't a fumble. But who can say what the outcome would have been?.
No we will never know what the outcome would have been, the DAMN Ref didn't give us chance to find out.

You know, it's one thing to play a hard fought game and get your butt kicked, but for 1 man to have the authority to pull the rug out from under you like that Ref did, is another.

Now I know what a 12th man truly is!

I am proud of my Texan team today!

bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #12
Wharton
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 12 Wharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVP

Well played game!

I saw alot of effort on the players part which we lacked in the first two games.

I liked the play calling alot. Good mix of run and pass. Would of liked to see some more rollouts late in the game, but definetly better then under Palmer.

David still look tenetive when in the pocket. I think he looked calmer when a designed rollout was called. Given the number of sacks he has taken, can you blame him. I still think he is a good quarterback who has become gunshy.

I think we still have alot of work to do, but definetly a step in the right direction.

Hat off to the Cincy, they are a well coached fooball TEAM!

Wharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #13
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 316914 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedc
Where was Chad Johnson?

yeah...niiiiiiice.

I wonder if he'll check "yes" or "no" on his locker list for this week since he didn't score.
Old 10-02-2005   #14
WhoDeyBengals
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by A4toZ
WDB - class to come back and not rub it in. Agree on a well played game and though the moral victories get old after time, I was glad to see the TEXANS playing a close game this go around and not getting the shellacking we have recieved or that you have given in the previous games this season.

Good luck the rest of the way and actually, would be pretty cool to see y'all in the playoffs. It's been some time for your team and it's fans.
Hey, I was really worried that I was going to have to come on here and say, "good game guys. You got us this time." I'm sure glad I didn't have to do that - it's a hell of a lot easier to be classy when your team's on the good end of the score!

I hope that you guys see improvement throughout the year. You're in one way tough division with both Jacksonville and Indy, and I think it's going to be a rough year for you guys this year. But with enough work, you may see some real improvement, and maybe even a playoff run in the next couple years. Just keep drafting well, and you'll get there!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read