Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-02-2005   #41
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans have a game changing receiver in AJ and for whatever reason he's been virtually ignored in most of the games this year. They MUST figure out some way to get him the ball more often.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #42
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayseed2002
It's not HIS fault......even though he plays QB...... if AJ needs the ball.....have AJ take the snap...... because appearently Kar doesn't understand that he needs the ball!
aj would of had the ball about 5 more time this season if he would catch the ball when it was thrown to him. but apparantly it cant be aj's fault. carr must be putting the wrong spin on it.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #43
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Pinning all this on Carr is a joke. He makes mistakes, but he cannot block for himself or catch the ball. Heck, if AJ drops one more basic pass I am going to throw up!
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #44
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
OK... we have the BEST QB in football...... he can walk on water.... its the OTHER 21 players....... Kar doing his best Leroy imitation....... "Fumble? Fumble? It wasn't MY fault I fumbled........if one of the OTHER 10 players were doing THEIR job we would have NEVER lost possession! They should have fell on the ball for me...... don't blame ME for getting sacked 7 times, its not MY faulty I held the ball too long..... blame the O-line for not giving me 10 seconds of protection...... and the receivers..... I can't run their routes for them......questionable decision making at the end of the game..... the OC called that play......not ME...... hey...... don't look at me...... I played great..... they need to put people around ME thats as good as ME!" DK
I dont think we have the best QB in football Im just smart enough to realize its not all his fault that we keep loosing
He wouldnt have fumbled if sombody would have mad a damn block and if the referee could see.
Explain to me how its his fault that the oline cant block the Wr cant get open and we have a Conservative OC and head Coach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #45
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Lets just all give the Texans a hug...... and make them feel special. Win or lose...... WHO CARES.......lets just pay, cheer, smile, and make sure they are happy.
You and Wonger should go start you'r own MB. You two would get along so good.

Quote:
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Old 10-02-2005   #46
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbeth
aj would of had the ball about 5 more time this season if he would catch the ball when it was thrown to him. but apparantly it cant be aj's fault. carr must be putting the wrong spin on it.

Ok let me make my point a bit more clear.

Teams usually are limited to just a few playmakers. Guys that can change the game at any time on any play.

I consider AJ to be that player on the Texans.

However and whatever they need to do to get the ball in his hands they must do. He's the one guy that defenses have to worry about on offense. If he can't do what he's done in the past put Armstrong out there.

The focus of the Texans offense, to me, seems to always be DD.
Shut him down and they seem to flounder.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #47
Elite
Veteran

All of you are mad because we lost because david once again showed he will never be a winner i take in stride and i realise all this losses are only better for us sure we got a losser for a QB but it will be better next year we will have Matt LIONHEART at the helms oh how sweet it is.
Old 10-02-2005   #48
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD
Ok let me make my point a bit more clear.

Teams usually are limited to just a few playmakers. Guys that can change the game at any time on any play.

I consider AJ to be that player on the Texans.

However and whatever they need to do to get the ball in his hands they must do. He's the one guy that defenses have to worry about on offense. If he can't do what he's done in the past put Armstrong out there.

The focus of the Texans offense, to me, seems to always be DD.
Shut him down and they seem to flounder.
that post was more for the other guy. i realize aj needs to be more involved. but he does need to start catching the ball.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #49
Elite
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75
97 QB rating explain to me what he did wrong.

Tell me. I cant wait.

2TDs and NO INTs in 2 games...........

On check down passes your Grandma and mine Could of had a 158.3 i think thats the max. not only go by stats how many fumbles in the last two games how many game winnng drives has he proven anything to you but dissapointment.
Old 10-02-2005   #50
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Quote:
You, Brando, and the democrats start your own........ you guys could petition the league and get them to not keep score, no rushing the quarteback, no covering the receivers after 5 yards, and for gods sake if the defense gets the ball they must give it back to the offense....... we don't want anybody to get their feelings hurt. You know...... you let us score, we let you score, you let us score, etc....... and then everybody is happy at the end of the day.
Seriously explain how its Carr's fault that andre cant catch the ball come on do you have an awnser for that one.
He has hit his target in the chest more than once this season and his WR didnt make the catch.
How can you say the majority of the sacks are Carrs fault when the very second the ball is snapped the defense is already on his *****.
And even though Carr is sitting on the bench its his fault that the defense has forced ZERO turovers this season while only getting four sacks.

Quote:
Old 10-02-2005   #51
Elite
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbajwp
Seriously explain how its Carr's fault that andre cant catch the ball come on do you have an awnser for that one.
He has hit his target in the chest more than once this season and his WR didnt make the catch.
How can you say the majority of the sacks are Carrs fault when the very second the ball is snapped the defense is already on his *****.
And even though Carr is sitting on the bench its his fault that the defense has forced ZERO turovers this season while only getting four sacks.

Dont bring the defense in this the defense played a great game considering look at all the last Bengals opponents they were demolished the defense kept it close and david carr couldnt make anything happen. check after check down after check down.
Old 10-02-2005   #52
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 35326 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Love the sarcasm jayseed, but it's getting old. So, we get rid of Carr - who would you put in his place that would do better with the offensive unit we currently have?

Agree they need to get AJ the ball more and from this game, I thought for sure they were setting up the long ball with they way they were calling the plays today, moving the ball down the field a bit at a time. However, as long as they're moving the ball to the eventual score, that's fine by me.

As for the original post - agree, Sharpe didn't seem so by making that comment.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #53
Elite
Veteran

Tony Banks could do the same david is doing and for a discounted price
Old 10-02-2005   #54
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Quote:
2 TD's yes in 3 games...... how many picks? What about OVERALL rating? What about TEAMS record? What about offensive points PUT UP? Can you answer those questions for me?

A starting QB........HIS offense has put up 24 points in 3 COMPLETE games......now THATS a RESUME! What MORE can you want (or expect) out of the #1 pick in the draft, with 3+ years of STARTING experience?
In the first game he gave up three interceptions and Zero since then while throwing two TD's

He had a bad rating in the first game and has done good since then.

I forgot that the QB is the only player on the team and every win or loss is because of the QB. Why do we play the games we should just decide that the team with the better QB wins.

How many rushing TD's have we scored this season ZERO.

Every TD we have had this season has went threw CARR.

Ok I awnsered your qustions know anwser the questions we asked you. Im waiting.

Quote:
Old 10-02-2005   #55
angeltexus
Rookie

I'll call it like I see it. DD can't pick up his blocks, Carr needs to go back to Cali, our inside linebackers are scared to lay some wood, Seth Payne and his two old friends are never in the backfield. And lets see, Capers. Excuses satisfy the people who say them. We ask Haliburton to spoil us with our lovely stadium, Republicans, yes you Jay, any questions..
angeltexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #56
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Quote:
Your right he has been in the League for 3+ years now, he should be able to go out there and do it all himself.
I cant believe that he has not gone to the Pro Bowl yet , w/ his great o line leading the way.

Dude dont bullcrap me bro, dont treat this guy like he is the starting QB for Steelers, Eagles, Patriots, Colts. He did not walk into a great team that has been building themselves for over 50 years. He is on a team that has been around for 4 years now. He has 1 weapon right now and that is Andre Johnson. There is no 2nd WR on this team, NO stud lineman, NO Defense.
Weather we like it or not the honey moon is not over untill we get some players in here, to help out the leagues leading QB in Sacks for the last 3 years.

He is doing great with what he has been givin'.

Funny how people forget what this guy has been through and has done for this team.
97 QB rating today PERIOD , how you like them apples.
Dont you think its funny how he keeps responding to our questions with other questions.

Quote:
Old 10-02-2005   #57
angeltexus
Rookie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Hope you did not hurt yourself writing such a insitefull reply . Cali? you dont know about Cali to call it that.
Well since you know California how bout giving him a ride? Sorry, I forgot the Hulk was always walking.
angeltexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #58
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

Shannon Sharp can take a flying nose dive from the top of Mile High stadium.

Carr is gonna be alright. Had they looked at improving the offensive line, or maybe had the OC change came in the off season, things may have been different. But whatever, Sharp. There are still 13 games left.
Old 10-02-2005   #59
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

About AJ: the Ds are making sure he is very covered. They will continue to do that untill another receiver (or TE) makes them eat that philosophy. I think Gaffney is our man. Until then, Carr would be asking for interceptions trying to throw to him. Besides, he drops what is thrown to him right now. He needs to work on those hands again. Can we have Armstrong's hands attached to AJ?

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #60
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFan
Shannon Sharp can take a flying nose dive from the top of Mile High stadium.
Hehehehehe.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read