Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-02-2005   #21
Elite
Veteran

Well i think sharpe irritating but the man knows football he is a first ballot Hall Of Famer so i recpect his opinion and Quite Frankly i dont think its to far Fetch.
Old 10-02-2005   #22
Spacyj17

Default Ignorant comment...

Sharpe's comment was an ignorant statement made to entertain people rather than provide insight. I haven't been able to see the first two games of the season, but I thought Carr did well with the ball when he wasn't having to run for his life because of a faulty line. A quarterback can't be too successful trying to throw while on his back...
Old 10-02-2005   #23
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 76169 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacyj17
A quarterback can't be too successful trying to throw while on his back...
I swallowed that excuse, hook, line, and sinker, for the first 3 years. But this year, Carr ain't allowed to use the the OL for a crutch anymore.

This is the option year of his contract. He either steps it up, or he goes out the door with the coaching staff.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #24
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 92823 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
I swallowed that excuse, hook, line, and sinker, for the first 3 years. But this year, Carr ain't allowed to use the the OL for a crutch anymore.

This is the option year of his contract. He either steps it up, or he goes out the door with the coaching staff.
carr's got a whole lot of blame to take, but please dont pretend that our line isnt the worst in the league.
Old 10-02-2005   #25
Fldvldog
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter
...but please dont pretend that our line isnt the worst in the league.
I don't know...The Jags O-Line is right there alongside the texans'...
Fldvldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #26
CowboysTexansFan
Veteran

Sharpe's comment was incredibly stupid, but not surprising. I could hardly understand half the gibberish coming out of his mouth while he was trying to narrate the highlights at halftime. He was a great player, but is atrocious as a commentator.

I was quite down on Carr after the first two games, but he showed me a lot today. Obviously the team needs a lot of help, but if Carr continues to play like he did today, I think there's still hope for him. I'd very much like for him to do well, because the team has so much invested in him and I'd hate to have to use another high #1 pick on a QB. I'd like to see what Carr can do behind a solid O-Line and a legitimate #2 receiver.
CowboysTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #27
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 157084 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hulk I would 'nt use great to describe your nephew .
Honoring Earl 34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-02-2005   #28
touttail
All Pro

[quote=
If anyone on this board thinks that the guy in any way resembles a franchise quality QB (i.e. Manning, Brady, Palmer, etc.) they are highly delusional. He is a below average backup at this point.[/QUOTE]

I know-I know this is beating a dead horse, but damn, get a clue. Did any of you see how much time Palmer had in his pocket to get a pass off??? Both Mannings could have pitched a tent in their pockets. If we don't get Carr some pass protection he will never be worth a hoot. One time he had several seconds standing in the pocket, he connected. I told my wife, see if they give him time to throw, he can do it!

bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #29
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75
This is a great QB, dropped into a "DEN OF LIONS".
Take'em off dude... you know what I'm talking about.

Just so you know... Joe Montana was a great QB. John Elway was a great QB. Brett Favre is/was a great QB. Peyton Manning is a great QB.

David Carr has a long, long way to go before he is known as great. And right now he is a lot closer to the other end of the spectrum (as in terrible).
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #30
Elite
Veteran

Quote:
92.9 , 97.6 QB ratings after 2 games, Funny how Shannon Sharpe stuck up for the guy after the game.

Looks like he is getting better to me, ***.

Wow what a great passer Rating you think we would of won one of those games may be he could of led us to victory realise that rating come from weak Check down passes like i said before David could be the worst statistical QB in as long as he leads a team to victory or doesnt cost the team a Game ill be happy but he cant do either.
Old 10-02-2005   #31
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I threw that in there on purpose just to see what you would say Wonger, which proves that you look for the negative in everything.
I look for the positive, it's just hard to find with this team.

Oh wait... Kris Brown kicked the ball well today.
Old 10-02-2005   #32
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando
NO you look for the negative. I have put up with your negativity since last year. Even after we beat the Jags and Bears last year.
I think there's an ignore feature. Can one of the Mod's help Brando out with that?
Old 10-02-2005   #33
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food
I look for the positive, it's just hard to find with this team.
Actually, it's not. But I can understand how it might be for you.

Did you see Jabar Gaffney's play today? I'm betting you did. But I also bet you didn't recognize it as a positive.

Did you see Chad Johnson's performance? I'm betting you did. But I also bet you didn't correlate his lack of production with a solid performance from the secondary.

The Bengals had been averaging almost 30 points per game. They scored just over half that today. But that's not a positive because they played their worst game of the season (and the Texans had nothing to do with that).

Did you see the pressure that was being put on Palmer today? 'Course not...you only saw that the Texans registered 2 sacks. Every other pass attempt Palmer was watching the grass grow while his WRs were running amok.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #34
Elite
Veteran

About the only possitive was our Defense Our Offense still aint worth a Lick
Old 10-02-2005   #35
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Guy has a QB rating close to 100 the last two games and that is still not good enough! Why can't you people understand this is the way Pendry and Capers want Carr to play? I guarantee you if before the game you offer 170 yds, 1td and no interceptions they would have taken it! Could it maybe be that this is all that is available? What do you want him to do if the recivers are covered? Our ofense is a product of the system, not the QB. Until we get a decent line, we wont be able to light up the sky like Indy and Philly because we do not have the talent on the O-line, simple as that. Carr led the team, he is our leader (see 3rd and 10 right before the "fumble") and if not for getting robbed by the refs, I believe he would have lead us downfield for a field goal or a game winning touchdown.
Old 10-02-2005   #36
texan767
Rookie

On the last series, what the hell was he doing, throwing short passes & to the middle of the field, yet!
Also, last play of the game-you just can't get sacked here, hasn't he ever heard of the hail mary?
texan767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #37
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus

Your right we cant use that excuse anymore because our oline is so much better now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #38
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayseed2002
David Kar IS NOT PLAYING WELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is a #1 draft choice making ALOT of money..... we could be 0-3 with Tony Banks or Dave Ragone quaterbacking. If you are happy with David Kar, you MUST be a DEMOCRAT! :brickwall
Your right its all Carrs fault. hes the one dropping passes missing blocks and giving up touchdowns. Oh ya all those Int realy hurt us today.

Quote:
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Old 10-02-2005   #39
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Quote:
when he plays like a professional I will spell his name correctly. He must DESERVE to have his name spelled correctly.
His QB rating was over 100 What the H3ll do you expect.

Quote:
Old 10-02-2005   #40
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Quote:
And the 3-4 sacks that was HIS fault..... and the 2 yard passes not ONCE but twice with under a minute to play and NO timeouts......hell lets give Kar a raise!
Explain the three or four sacks that were his fault.
If nobody is open you dont throw the ball. Its that simple. If he throws the ball deep on one of those two plays and it gets intercepted game over. Also with the whole defense playing deep DD would have only had to break one tackle the next closest defender would have been twenty to thirty yards down the field. There is just as good of a chance of DD breaking one of those for a TD as their is throwing a hail mary.

Quote:

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read