Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-02-2005   #1
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77992 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Shannon Sharp: "I'll take Ryan Leaf over David Carr"

He just said that on NFL Today.

"A sack machine waiting to happen."

"I'll even take Jeff George over David Carr"

Oh man!

Last edited by Marcus; 10-02-2005 at 11:49 AM.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #2
tiger06
Veteran

I heard that and my jaw dropped. Shouldn't be surprised coming from his horse mouth.
tiger06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #3
AndreJ
All Pro

I'm kind of glad he said it, maybe Carr will finally ge the message that he needs to step up or he'll be gone...hopefully he can take something like that and use it as motivation.
Old 10-02-2005   #4
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey until our team can start playing like an NFL team...including our quarterback, the media can say whatever they want about them.
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #5
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

2 announcers I can't stand, Sharpe and the ***** from Dallas, Irwin......
Neither one has any business in the pre-game shows....
Old 10-02-2005   #6
NFLforher
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeBred_Texan

True....very true. Both are *****s.
NFLforher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #7
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 52676 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll take Mr. Ed over Shannon Sharpe.
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-02-2005   #8
Elite
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus

Oh man!

the way he has been playing can yall blame sharpe for saying that.
Old 10-02-2005   #9
jmlockett
Rookie

I would take HR PUFF & STUFF
jmlockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #10
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 63828 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

that is such bs
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #11
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeBred_Texan
I totally agree!! I make good use of my remote when those *****s come on!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #12
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus

The truth hurts. Carr is regressing rapidly.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #13
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food
The truth hurts. Carr is regressing rapidly.
How did he regress? Are you living in the past?

Do me a favor and watch the game once in a while.
Old 10-02-2005   #14
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando
He improved from the first 2 games. He did not regress in this game. ****ING *****
Maybe he didn't regress, but he isn't getting better. Sure, he threw balls out of bounds instead of taking sacks. Sure he had a few more yards.

But he makes the same mistakes over and over again and then adds new ones. Running into sacks on the 3rd to last series. Fumbling on the second to last series (I know... it was the refs fault). The two throws underneath to Davis on the last drive with no timeouts left.

If anyone on this board thinks that the guy in any way resembles a franchise quality QB (i.e. Manning, Brady, Palmer, etc.) they are highly delusional. He is a below average backup at this point.
Old 10-02-2005   #15
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food
Maybe he didn't regress, but he isn't getting better. Sure, he threw balls out of bounds instead of taking sacks. Sure he had a few more yards.

But he makes the same mistakes over and over again and then adds new ones. Running into sacks on the 3rd to last series. Fumbling on the second to last series (I know... it was the refs fault). The two throws underneath to Davis on the last drive with no timeouts left.

If anyone on this board thinks that the guy in any way resembles a franchise quality QB (i.e. Manning, Brady, Palmer, etc.) they are highly delusional. He is a below average backup at this point.
Do you really think Carr calls the plays?
Old 10-02-2005   #16
HardCoreTxn
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to HardCoreTxn Send a message via MSN to HardCoreTxn Send a message via Yahoo to HardCoreTxn

Sharpe is a joke as an announcer, not only dead air, but I could hardly make out what he was sayin when he was calling the highlights for the other games.
Old 10-02-2005   #17
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedc
Do you really think Carr calls the plays?
I know he doesn't. What's your point?

Do you think that Davis was the primary receiver on those plays??? He is the outlet. There was no reason to throw those two passes. Just more bone-headed mistakes by Big Dave.
Old 10-02-2005   #18
Peldon
All Pro

Rep Power: 34 Peldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respected

The problem is that there shouldn't have been a dumpoff reciever on those plays. He should have either been blocking or running a streak down the field. It was a bad play call to have anyone there as a dump off reciever. Yes Carr shouldn't have thrown it to him, but he also shouldn't have even been there to have it thrown to him.
Peldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #19
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77992 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

You gotta admit this though.

If, after 4 years, you're not doing very well if some national NFL commentator, whoever that might be, is comparing you to the biggest bust in NFL history.

And his option year is this year.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #20
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

he should of thrown it at his feet.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read