Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

OSU's outside shot GONE

Yankee_In_TX

Dance Lindsay!
Not that I think USC or UT would loose, but looking back to Sept. 10-

Hey, MI and Iowa, top 10. If we loose to UT, and beat two tough teams, there's outside hope @ a national title.

Wait, Iowa State and Notre Dame.

Ok, this week, MI State is 11, could POSSIBLY help us.

Wait, lost to MI.

Stupid Big 10 always beating up on each other.

If we win out, no national title game AND NOT EVEN A ROSE BOWL! Stupid BCS destroying tradition.

The Rose Bowl means SO much more to us than the Orange Bowl....

Thanks Alabama, bye bye FL!

That Monday night game killed me, they didn't update the rankings @ the LSU loss...

Benefits of losing early and losing to a good team. Plenty of time to climb back up especially when you weren't dropped very far (as you shouldn't have been) as other teams begin to drop a game.

ive posted it in another thread, and its starting to manifest itself, Florida State USC in the rose bowl......They were 6 before LSU and Florida Lost, now they will be 4, behind texas, v-tech, and usc. if florida state wins out, and wins the acc championship game, they would have beaten v-tech in the championship game. So that puts them at 3. I think strength of schedule would put them over texas at that point, with wins coming against miami, florida, boston college, virginia tech, clemson, and virginia, all of whom have been ranked. Possibly maryland too, im not sure about scheduling, where as who will texas have beaten? nobody besides ohio state....oklahoma is garbage this year....GO NOLES! or USC could choke, and texas FSU play for the title..i would be good with that too

If a team from the ACC goes undefeated, they'll move ahead of Texas. I'm pretty confident of that. I'm also pretty confident that it won't be FSU.

Huge said:
If a team from the ACC goes undefeated, they'll move ahead of Texas. I'm pretty confident of that. I'm also pretty confident that it won't be FSU.

dont suppose you'd feel like a little friendly wager?

Youngstown Colt said:
OSU should slowly creep up the rankings througout the season.

Crazyness.

agrred, love to see an OSU/Texas re-match. Maybe ND knocks off USC. Rose bowl would love it. Kaching....money , honey!

Sure.

You've got FSU climbing to #2 by the end of the season.

I've got somebody other than FSU @ #2 by the end of the season.

Correct?

Lets assume the following:

1. Texas, USC, Virginia Tech, and Florida State are the only 4 undefeated teams going into the conference championships.

2. Texas wins the Big 12.

In think in most of these scenarios the winner of the ACC will jump over Texas, due to that team's more difficult schedule. However, I think there is one way that Texas might hold onto its spot...if Nebraska and Tech win the remainder of their games, except against Texas. Then you will have a 10-2 Nebraska team that lost to only Texas and Tech, and a 10-1 Tech team that lost to only Texas. They could boost the SOS enough to make it happen.

Yeah, it's still pretty early but the best case scenario looks like this:

1. Texas Tech continues to roll (except against Texas).
2. Colorado (current best team from the North) continues to roll but lose @ Texas Saturday and Nebraska later this year.
3. Nebraska wins out then loses to Texas in the Big12 Championship game.

Texas doesn't play Nebraska this year unless it's in the Big12 Champ game. If they play Colorado, beating them won't help their SOS because you're not given credit for beating a team twice. So in order for the Big12 Championship game to mean anything towards their SOS, it has to be Nebraska.

But if VT wins out (thru their conference championship game), that will give them wins over #14 Boston College, #9 Miami and #4 Florida State (assuming FSU makes it the the title game...which they should).

Huge said:
Sure.

You've got FSU climbing to #2 by the end of the season.

I've got somebody other than FSU @ #2 by the end of the season.

Correct?

yep...im taking the long shot...i like to gamble..i agree that im probably wrong, but hey, whats being a homer if you cant pump up the home team

Back