Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2005   #121
Dubya
All Pro

Yeah, it's not great. But at least there are some signs of life in the O today.

They don't look totally confused and lost, anyways.
Dubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #122
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Our offensive playcalling still seems like a joke. Run left, Run right, Rollout right. We have like 6 plays, 2 variations of RL and RL, then a couple rollout plays. The plays where Carr stands in the pocket get a wrench thrown in them everytime they're run so they shouldn't even count.

Of course we are still moving down the field somewhat so that's nice, but it looks so robotic it seems like only a matter of time before Cinci shuts it down.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #123
Paragon Blue
Veteran

I like what im seeing. moving the pocket, protecting the ball
Old 10-02-2005   #124
tiger06
Veteran

I'm loving what I'm hearing. This offense just sounds light years better than what it was. I'm sure the extra week helped out too.
tiger06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #125
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

Hey, but he also has more time, better start for the o-line as well, int the run and pass game
Old 10-02-2005   #126
AndreJ
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffSoldier
I see smarter decisions from Carr
he looks quikcer out their too, not just standing in the pocket waiting for it to brake down and shuffling his feet.
Old 10-02-2005   #127
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
Thurman, the one guy that worries me besides Chad johnson
as long as he makes face-masks I'm OK with him
Malloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-02-2005   #128
TexanAggie
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffSoldier
I see smarter decisions from Carr

carr is looking very comfortable very nice and DD cathes a ball more than 5 yds good play selection finally !!!!!!
TexanAggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #129
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 106609 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Only coverting 14.3% of 3rd downs? Of course the offense looked so terrible these past few weeks. 2 downs to make a first. Looking better today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #130
AndreJ
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzeppelin269
Our offensive playcalling still seems like a joke. Run left, Run right, Rollout right. We have like 6 plays, 2 variations of RL and RL, then a couple rollout plays. The plays where Carr stands in the pocket get a wrench thrown in them everytime they're run so they shouldn't even count.

Of course we are still moving down the field somewhat so that's nice, but it looks so robotic it seems like only a matter of time before Cinci shuts it down.
as long as they move the ball I dont care what they run.
Old 10-02-2005   #131
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Thank God, he threw it away...
Old 10-02-2005   #132
Dubya
All Pro

Let's punch one in here, and the O can have it's confidence back...
Old 10-02-2005   #133
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

hEY i JUST SAW SOME TEXANS FANS ON TV
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #134
Dubya
All Pro

A tie game! Amazing!
Old 10-02-2005   #135
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Run on 3rd and 7? I don't know, maybe they could have caught them off guard. But really that call doesn't inspire confidence in me. Damn I should just be happy we're in it.

Fangio's defense is going to have to step it up though.
ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #136
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll take a field goal...we already have half of our season average in points per game...
Old 10-02-2005   #137
TexanAggie
Rookie

why didnt we take another shot at pay dirt oh well 3 is good
TexanAggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #138
AndreJ
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
I'll take a field goal...we already have half of our season average in points per game...
I was just thinking the exact same thing...I can't even complain about the two back to back run plays... we actually scored!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-02-2005   #139
Texas_Heat
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzeppelin269
Run on 3rd and 7? I don't know, maybe they could have caught them off guard. But really that call doesn't inspire confidence in me. Damn I should just be happy we're in it.

Fangio's defense is going to have to step it up though.

This team is a joke.
Greatest Metal Bands: #1 VENOM # 2 SLAYER.
Texas_Heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #140
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Off Topic, but how full is the Alamodome for the Saints game? Anyone know?
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read