Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2005   #261
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

I think I've seen us at our own 15 yard line with 20 seconds left in before the half a few times before.
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #262
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexSon
Wow, he stepped into an actual pocket.
Really? Your eyes weren't playing tricks on you, were they?
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #263
Bottle-O-Bud
Rookie

Gaffney is starting to hit a wall and falling out of favor with BOB!

Just like Fat Kaliee Wong who is slow!
Old 10-02-2005   #264
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

They just showed the offensive pass interference....Gaff looked liked he was running a basketball pick.
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #265
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

65 yards of penalties before halftime, that's just killing us :I
Malloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #266
TexSon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 TexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreJ
last i checked noone on the line is assigned to block a safety. correct me if im wrong but thats like blocking a CB blitz.
when a blitz comes the correct man breaks off, that is where the o-line communication comes in. It also may be a running back or tight end that needs to chip him. THe receiver also need to read the blitz and turn around to help the qb. It was one guy, it should not be too confusing.
TexSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #267
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbeth
i read your review of the first game and i agree with most of it he didnt have a good game. the second game was a diff story. and i didnt see a review of that one.
That may have been the single worst game I've ever seen him play. I can send you a breakdown later if you want it.

Carr is playing better today so I'd rather just keep on this game for now.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-02-2005   #268
AndreJ
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexSon
when a blitz comes the correct man breaks off, that is where the o-line communication comes in. It also may be a running back or tight end that needs to chip him. THe receiver also need to read the blitz and turn around to help the qb. It was one guy, it should not be too confusing.
ok i see where you're coming from and I don't hav the Tivo in the room I'm in, but wasn't Carr in the backfield by himself. I don't recall seeing any HB
Old 10-02-2005   #269
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

A Pretty good first half, we just need some better WR play
Old 10-02-2005   #270
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13829 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Defense needs to get some pressure and we need to learn some discipline.
Old 10-02-2005   #271
TexanAggie
Rookie

ok the half looked pretty good except for a few very BAD & DUMB Penalties........
TexanAggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #272
Bottle-O-Bud
Rookie

Say least were still in the game. We got to stop the hook routes. Good job against the run so far.
Old 10-02-2005   #273
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

harrington lighting up the stat sheet today

3/6 for 4 yds
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #274
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13829 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Denver spankin the Jags..
Old 10-02-2005   #275
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Ok, let me rephrase an earlier question.

So far, in this half, has anyone seen an offensive play where Carr dropped back, planted his feet, and passed it to a wide receiver without rolling out?

Please? I'm serious.
Old 10-02-2005   #276
Trogdor014
Veteran

Quote:
we need a WR to step up, outside of AJ
What has AJ done to step up this season? He has dropped just as many passes as he has caught.

I hate to say that, but it's the truth...
Old 10-02-2005   #277
AndreJ
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor014
What has AJ done to step up this season? He has dropped just as many passes as he has caught.

I've been thinking the same thing.
Old 10-02-2005   #278
Bottle-O-Bud
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
Ok, let me rephrase an earlier question.

So far, in this half, has anyone seen an offensive play where Carr dropped back, planted his feet, and passed it to a wide receiver without rolling out?

Please? I'm serious.
yeah and Jabbar Gaffed it up... again...
Old 10-02-2005   #279
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor014

I agree with you. So far, AJ hasn't shown me anything.
Old 10-02-2005   #280
AndreJ
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS
harrington lighting up the stat sheet today

3/6 for 4 yds
lmfao!!!!!!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read