Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-01-2005   #1
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler
Default Texans - Everything to gain, Nothing to lose!!

We have everything to gain and nothing to lose at this point. Lots of the media have already put us at the bottom of the NFL and written us off.(After only two games against quality teams).

Every Bengals fan is predicting their team to win by a landslide(many by 30 points or MORE). Most Texans fans are predicting us to lose by one or two touchdowns.

We have nothing to lose. This my friends makes us very dangerous!!!! Our team is an enigma, they certainly have the talent to hang with any team in the league. But due to something...?...coaching....motivation...something ?... they havent done that yet this season. I know it is not because the other teams have better players.

If we win....expect to see the tune of the media change fast. Expect to hear the media go on and on about how the Bengals are overrated. Expect to see the Texans jump from 32 in the power ranking to 20th-22nd almost overnight. If the Bills win (Steelers have a bye) this week expect you will hear how the Texans are a pretty good team that face two tough teams to start out with. Also our new O Coordinator will be given some props, even though the only thing I think has changed is a shift in attitude, which may be all we needed.

If we lose, we lost to another tough team.

Anyone else think the Bengals defense is suspect? Bears, Mossless Vikings, Browns are not neccessary offensive powerhouses. Our defense is pretty decent at keeping teams out of the endzone. I think if we win the battle of turnovers we win this game.

The Bengals may beat us but I am far from intimidated by their team. I don't think they are nearly the caliber of team the Steelers are.

This is the most confident their home crowd has ever been for a game probably in the past 10-15 years. Their fans not only expect them to win but they expect the Bengals to destroy the Texans (read their message boards), given their attitude I think if the Texans jump out to an early lead their crowd will be shocked and very quiet. Because of the build up, if they lose this game they will be humiliated.

We have everything to gain and nothing to lose.

LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005   #2
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

Amen!
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005   #3
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 34380 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

You're right.

Everything stays the same w/ the media if we lose. (and w/ the fans, fire everyone within the org.) Win, and hear Cincy be called overrated,Texans given a huge break,etc.

Also...yes ur right about the Bengal D. It is very suspect to say the least. Yes, they are a top-10 rushing defense, but they allow a whopping 4.6 yards a carry on the ground, which is pretty bad if you ask around the league. Their fans are extremely cocky, but they have a reason for that. If you haven't been worth a damn in 15 yrs, wouldn't you do the same?

Texans win on sunday baby!!!
Old 10-01-2005   #4
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 370555 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBC_Justin
We have everything to gain and nothing to lose.

Good post, man, we need some positive attitude in our fans.

Hopefully the team comes out playing with the same attitude. I believe in the "any given Sunday" philosophy, so anything it possible.

The Texans have to play with both fire and discipline, though. If they continue to shoot themselves in the foot, the Bengals will have a field day with us. There is no way we can overcome both the Bengals and ourselves.
Old 10-01-2005   #5
dlange

Default Texans Fans Don't Give Up

I know we have had a rough start, but all things aside we have a really talented team. They just need consitancy. Carr needs to start looking more AJ's way and stop trying to use the dump pass to D.D. I really hope Pendry has something up his sleeve or its going to be a lond season. I'm going on a limb here and saying

Texans 24
***** Cats- 10 :

GO TEXANS
Old 10-01-2005   #6
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

i have a good feeling about this game, i mean look at who we played the first 2 weeks of the season. i mean the defenses not exactly soft. the bengals D has shown to be good but look at who they have played, not exactly to notch QBs/offenses.
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005   #7
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

This is where it can all turn around. And yes, I agree that our offense can take out the bungles.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-01-2005   #8
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

What a day of sports awaits Houston tomorrow eh? I believe higher powers are working for us...hehe. The Astros will clinch tomorrow and the Texans will get their first win! Can you say Amen to that?! Or it will be a horrible day for Houston sports teams. But I'm focusing on the positives tonight.
Old 10-01-2005   #9
royce1054
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to royce1054 Send a message via Yahoo to royce1054

i will start praying but i am kinda skeptical on us winning this game. I do however think the Astros will win the Wild Card.
royce1054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005   #10
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 197748 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I 'm setting my goals low . I just hope they move into the top 25 in the ESPN power rankings .
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005   #11
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 32635 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

They just need to let it all hang out. Scratch and claw and pull out all the stops. 4th and 7? Screw it, go for it! They have nothing to lose at this point.

Actually I think they are screwed because I plan on seeing this game. The only game they have won that I have watched is the Cowboy game. Maybe I should hide out till it's all over. Whatever.

Old 10-01-2005   #12
texan_fan
Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to texan_fan

OK, so we have nothing more to lose.

We have lost to *quality* teams.

When are WE going to be a *quality* team????

Don't get me wrong, I'm a psl holder and won't give up on them. But, since that's MY MONEY paying their salaries, I feel justified in demanding a better return on my investment.

I have looked at how we've played so far, compared it to the rest of the schedule, and the ONLY saving grace is we're gonna get the first pick in the draft...providing Casserly doesn't trade it away...
texan_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #13
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_fan
OK, so we have nothing more to lose.

We have lost to *quality* teams.

When are WE going to be a *quality* team????

Don't get me wrong, I'm a psl holder and won't give up on them. But, since that's MY MONEY paying their salaries, I feel justified in demanding a better return on my investment.

I have looked at how we've played so far, compared it to the rest of the schedule, and the ONLY saving grace is we're gonna get the first pick in the draft...providing Casserly doesn't trade it away...
It takes time. No one really knows how long it will take.

It could be worse.
Look at the Browns(one semi decent season since expansion). Look at the Bengals(haven't won since 1990). Look at the Cardinals(one winning season since they moved to Phoenix in 1987).

We have a better owner than all these teams. I trust if we lose this year he will shake things up in the offseason and give us a reason to have hope next year.

If we do get the number one pick. Please don't pick Matt Leinart (did anyone see the game today - he didn't do a good job avoiding rushers.) He is overrated.....he has a wonderful O-line and two unbelievable running backs, and a great Defense the puts him is scoring postion. He may have a good career but he is going to need to go to a team with that can protect him. He won't fit in with the Texans current system. If we want a QB, pray Vince Young comes out early (I know I sound like a UT homer but the guy is big and mobile and I think he would fit better with our system.)

Back to the topic at hand. Go texans. Beat those overrated cocky bengals.
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #14
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 197748 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

:brickwall To quote Jack Nicholson " maybe this is as good as it gets ".
My point is after time goes by we've had reasons to second guess our first pick , our first coach , our first GM . I think we may be looking for some gamers for next year .
I think the Coaching moves made were to pacify the fans and Carr 's talking how great practices are but talks cheap . Carr better show up ... after all he's playing for eight million dollars .
I predict DD 30 carries for 80 yds , 40 yds recieving . Carr 12/ 19 118.

Last edited by Honoring Earl 34; 10-02-2005 at 02:56 PM.
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #15
Crank_It_Up
Veteran

the pressure is on carr, how will he respond? my guess is another embarrasing loss. Did the offense suddenly learn how to catch, block, pass effectively in the last two weeks? Of course not, so strap yourself in, grab some chips'n dip, and the remote, cause it's gonna be ugly.
Old 10-02-2005   #16
Bottle-O-Bud
Rookie

Default Texannsss!!!!

Make Us Proud!!!! Fight!!!!!
Old 10-02-2005   #17
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

IMHO!! If I was a Texan player I would want to kick the crud out of them simply because they wear the ugliest uni's in the NFL. One look at those things and I would get mad enough to KILL a KITTY!!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read