Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-01-2005   #1
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Brian Billick - Texans next head coach?

Quote:
If the Ravens come out flat and play poorly like they did against the Titans, then there will be little else that Billick can do to motivate this team. He happens to be in that time frame (seven to 10 years) when a coach's message becomes stale, or he has to re-invent himself.

The early scuttlebutt around the NFL has Billick as a candidate for the Houston job if the Texans fire head coach Dom Capers at the end of the season.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/b...ck=1&cset=true

Last edited by STEEL BLUE TEXANS; 10-01-2005 at 11:06 AM.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005   #2
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas
Arrow

Can u post the info on here. I cant see it without registering and loggin in whih I dont wanna do.
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005   #3
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.bugmenot.com/view.php

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005   #4
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks Vinny
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005   #5
Mr Shush
Veteran

Given that neither coach has been fired yet, this strikes me as a touch premature. I expect both teams to turn things around significantly, the Ravens to finish with a winning record and the Texans no worse than 6-10. Obviously 6-10 would not save Capers' job, but even so, hold your horses. "Early scuttlebutt around the NFL" is journalese for "I made this up but there's no way you can prove it".
Mr Shush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005   #6
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

I think its just a rumor at this point.. matter of fact id put money on it being a rumor.

But, if that did happen..what would you think of it?

Billick as our head coach.. hmm. I dunno.. What have the Ravens done well while Billick was there? Defense.. and WHY did they do so well on defense? for the same reason that the Colts have done so well on offense.. they have a very talented player on the field telling everyone else what to do (Ray Lewis).

Take away Ray Lewis.. and I think the Ravens would have an above average (but not top 5) defense.. and the same below average offense they have now.

Therefore.. I would say that bringing in Billick would NOT be a significant upgrade over Capers.

But then.. perhaps Billick would provide more fire and determination.. No one can say the Ravens arent a very energetic and determined team (though that may be Lewis' doing again).. and if we gave Billick a very talented OC and DC.. it could make all the difference.

anyway.. as of right now, I am not excited about the prospect of getting Billick.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005   #7
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4561 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Billick as our head coach.. hmm. I dunno.. What have the Ravens done well while Billick was there? Defense.. and WHY did they do so well on defense? for the same reason that the Colts have done so well on offense.. they have a very talented player on the field telling everyone else what to do (Ray Lewis).Take away Ray Lewis.. and I think the Ravens would have an above average (but not top 5) defense.. and the same below average offense they have now.
Don't forget about Ed Reed, Terrell Suggs, Chris McAlister, Will Demps and Samari Rolle...And don't forget, Billick won a Super Bowl in 2000, with Tony Banks as his QB...
Old 10-01-2005   #8
belars44
Rookie

wrong thread

Last edited by belars44; 10-01-2005 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Wrong thread
belars44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005   #9
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
...And don't forget, Billick won a Super Bowl in 2000, with Tony Banks as his QB...
Dilfer was the starter for the 2nd half of the regular season & the playoffs.
Old 10-01-2005   #10
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4561 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

I just posted that because I forgot Banks played with the Ravens that year...either way I wouldn't mind having Billick here...maybe Capers could be his defensive coordinator...
Old 10-01-2005   #11
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
...maybe Capers could be his defensive coordinator...
If Capers is fired, one of the major reasons will be his inability to build a effective defense here. If Billick is fired, it will be because of his inability to develop an effective offense in Baltimore. Can't see Billick as the answer.
Old 10-01-2005   #12
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 32596 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Next Texans Coach if Capers gets fired = Gary Kubiak
Old 10-01-2005   #13
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316
Next Texans Coach if Capers gets fired = Gary Kubiak
When capers gets fired not if.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005   #14
touttail
All Pro

I would go with Gary Kubiak. Look what he has done with Denvers offense these past years.

bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005   #15
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

It's as simple as...

Anybody
But
Capers
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005   #16
texan279
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I would go with Gary Kubiak. Look what he has done with Denvers offense these past years.
Kubiak is my wife's cousin...I wouldn't mind seeing him here...maybe we could get Dave Wanstedt (sp?) as OC...I don't know though...There could be a few head coaches that lose jobs after this season continues the way it has been going...
Old 10-01-2005   #17
texan279
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Dave Wanstedt as OC? That would be sweet, not. Considering he made his name as a DC.
Yeah my bad, I was still thinking of Kubiak. I meant to type DC...
Old 10-02-2005   #18
Jophis
Rookie

As I'm a Bengal fan I don't have a dog in this fight but I like the Texans and I really, really hope that you don't hire Billick if Capers gets the axe. Ravens fans are calling for his head as I write this because their offense is a total wreck and the defense is showing signs of buckling under the stress of having to carry the whole team's burden year after year. The first thing everyone says is "he won the Superbowl" and that's true but that SB was won because of the defense which allowed the fewest points in a season in NFL history (coordinated by Marvin Lewis). Offensively, that team was just good enough. So since that SB team, Billick has let the offense go down the crapper each and every year while continually relying on his defense to win games. I hope you all take your time and find a great coach and not just somebody who has been thrown to the curb by another team.

Good luck tomorrow!

Who-Dey
Jophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #19
texan279
Hall of Fame

At least he put together a defense, we have neither really...
Old 10-02-2005   #20
aphia1996
Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to aphia1996

I don't think it is a good idea to hire a coach that had one good season. Furthermore, the coach that lead his team is the coach we are facing this weekend. I think we need to get a coach and a GM that see football in a different way. I think Dom and Charlie have done what they can with the team and it is time for them to hand the ball off to some new young blood.

Russ Grimm would make a good Head Coach and is prepping for that position as Steelers asst. Head Coach and O~line coach.

Or maybe someone from the college level??? USC head coach seems to know what he is doing and did actaully a pretty good job while in the NFL. I would say his name but i had a hard enough time putting the letters u s c in because they keep saying they are the two time defending champ....get real! They only have one crystal football and who has the other...LSU BABY!!! I would have said Nick would make a great fit but he was taken this year....missed the boat on that one! He is a great coach and would have made Daunte, the shut down corner of the league!

Anyway, that is just how I feel about it.

What do you think?

Geaux Texans

James H.
Houston, Texas
aphia1996 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read