Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-29-2005   #1
rafterticket
Veteran

Default Ummm.....hey Chad....

......have you even kept up with Phillip?

The link is below, but here is quoting the best part of the entire article:

"Johnson compared Buchanon to Denver's Champ Bailey.

"He's that type of player," Johnson said. "He's a pure cover corner, and there's not many. I'm talking about one-on-one, leave-you-on-an-island corners, and Phil can hold his own.""

I bet Chad would LOVE to have Phillip Buchanon covering him all day long. Frankly, if I were Champ Bailey, I'd be insulted.

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory...sfront/3374536
rafterticket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005   #2
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10704 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafterticket
......have you even kept up with Phillip?

The link is below, but here is quoting the best part of the entire article:

"Johnson compared Buchanon to Denver's Champ Bailey.

"He's that type of player," Johnson said. "He's a pure cover corner, and there's not many. I'm talking about one-on-one, leave-you-on-an-island corners, and Phil can hold his own.""

I bet Chad would LOVE to have Phillip Buchanon covering him all day long. Frankly, if I were Champ Bailey, I'd be insulted.

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory...sfront/3374536
P-buc amazes me. I truly believe that he has an enormous amount of talent, but he shows no will, no effort. I _really_ hope he'll prove to us that the first two games in H-town was... him just getting started and that much better things are to come. :=)
Malloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005   #3
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Coaching or talent?

Check out this quote from the chronicle by Chad Johnson:

"Bengals receiver Chad Johnson sees double coverage on almost every pass play and knows the Texans will be applying the same kind of pressure Sunday.

"It doesn't matter," he said. "I've been coached well enough to where the double team doesn't matter.

"The first guy's invisible. When you have a double team, everything's basically run off the second person, so I'm really seeing it as single coverage. It's just about being creative. Running routes is an art-
work.""

Double coverage shuts us down. It seems like Chad enjoys it. Have you ever heard a Texan say, "I've been coached so well that I..."

me neither.
gtexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read