Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-28-2005   #1
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Default Dancin' Chad: " Wait until you see what I do this Sunday"

Great!! .. Are we in for a Sunday afternoon of song and dance?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005   #2
wrestler4life
Veteran

I hope someone freakin destroys him! What a dumb *******.
(wouldn't it be nice, though, if we had this as a problem?)
wrestler4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005   #3
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 181073 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyTexan

Depends on how often P-Bunt is ATTEMPTING to cover Either of those recievers ...... I dont mind the celebrations as long as they dont go too far .... Sharpies and cell phones are a bit over board .... I kinda liked the time T.O. gave the Star a ball .... Im sure Cowpie fans loved that one

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005   #4
ohwhyknott
Rookie

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyTexan

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns
Did you see the river dance, last week?---That was too much!!---Okay, I'll admit it---I'm from Cincy. Just came over to wish you all a great game this week!---It's been fun razing on your fans this week, Thinking it was the Texans, but it seems like Houston still has the LUV YA BLUES!!!---Right down to the color of the local police cars.---(I used to live there)---But seriously, things are looking up in Houston!!!---Dom Capers---is a great coach!!!---Just hang with them, & you'll see some pretty darn good football real soon!!!---I just hope it's not THIS sunday!!!---Welcome to Cincinnatti, TEXANS!!!---It's time to dance!

Last edited by ohwhyknott; 09-28-2005 at 06:13 PM.
ohwhyknott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005   #5
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 313912 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Wink

Man, something not to look forward to this Sunday.

Showboats...pfft! Act like you've been there before.

Chad Johnson's mouth makes me root for the Steelers...who he gets to face twice a year!

Good luck with that Wildcard spot, Bengals-fan.
Old 09-28-2005   #6
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 63828 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

this is good, remember what he did with the browns?
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005   #7
ohwhyknott
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrosion
Depends on how often P-Bunt is ATTEMPTING to cover Either of those recievers ...... I dont mind the celebrations as long as they dont go too far .... Sharpies and cell phones are a bit over board .... I kinda liked the time T.O. gave the Star a ball .... Im sure Cowpie fans loved that one
I saw that & just about fell off my chair---LOL!!!---I know in the publics eyes Chad is like those guys(MOSS & T.O.)---but please believe me, the kid is just having fun!--He gives so much of his time to the people of Cincinnatti, it makes you wonder when he has time to sleep!---I saw him get chewed out at training camp, because he was spending too much time with kids signing autoghaphs, and such. On Tuesday of last week, he let a local T.V. crew follow him around the city while he talked to people on the street!--He's really a great kid, & I wish the rest of the country could see that!--We love him to death, & he's genuinly happy to help out with charity's & the sort. I know that's not unique. The N.F.L. is known for the United Way, among other charities, I think he's a lot like Marvin Harrison,---But he reaches for the stars a little more! Any way---Good Luck this week, & I hope & pray both teams come out of it healthy & ready for the next game!!!---GO BENGALS!!!---& please forgive Chad, he's okay!!
Sponsored links
Old 09-28-2005   #8
ohwhyknott
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65
this is good, remember what he did with the browns?
Yea!!!---Boy did he ever catch heck for the Pepto-Bismol game, He sent a case of the pink stuff to the DB,s of Cleveland, & could'nt catch a ball all day!!!---But that's what I meant by Chad's just having fun!!!---Too Funny---LOL!!!
Old 09-28-2005   #9
ohwhyknott
Rookie

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestler4life
I hope someone freakin destroys him! What a dumb *******.
(wouldn't it be nice, though, if we had this as a problem?)
That's what Chicago thought, but you saw what happened to them!!!---Now don't be hatin' buddy---That's not what I'm here for!!!---Oh yea---I don't know if you know this, but---Cincy took a knee, on the Chicago 3 yrd. line with over a min. to go in the game or it could have been worse---Not to mention the T.D. they took away from T.J. Houshmanzadeh.

Last edited by ohwhyknott; 09-28-2005 at 06:46 PM.
Old 09-28-2005   #10
Holden135
Veteran

Im a texan fan but i love Chad Johnson. He does everything with intentions of having fun. All of his teammates love him and all his opponents respect him. Him and Fred Smoot had a little light hearted verbal war before their game a few weeks ago and they hugged before the game. He doesn't take cheap shots at people like T.O. and he doesn't get into trouble like Moss. I think the guy is good for the game. Like it has been said time and time again. If you don't want him to dance in the end zone don't let him get there. I hope Daunta hears this!
Holden135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005   #11
ohwhyknott
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
Man, something not to look forward to this Sunday.

Showboats...pfft! Act like you've been there before.

Chad Johnson's mouth makes me root for the Steelers...who he gets to face twice a year!

Good luck with that Wildcard spot, Bengals-fan.
Are you kidding???---SUPER BOWL in the same place it all started, the Pontiac Silverdome. Home of Super Bowl XVI!!! & you don't have to remind me, I know we lost!---Do they really keep all the stuff The Squeelers have to say, out of the public eye? Man they dogged Houston like you would'nt believe! & at least I'm TRYING to be nice!!! So then buddy---get ready for a major butt-whippin!!! I COULD have told you what I REALLY think!!!---WHO DEY PAL!!! How do you like me NOW?
Old 09-28-2005   #12
ohwhyknott
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden135
Im a texan fan but i love Chad Johnson. He does everything with intentions of having fun. All of his teammates love him and all his opponents respect him. Him and Fred Smoot had a little light hearted verbal war before their game a few weeks ago and they hugged before the game. He doesn't take cheap shots at people like T.O. and he doesn't get into trouble like Moss. I think the guy is good for the game. Like it has been said time and time again. If you don't want him to dance in the end zone don't let him get there. I hope Daunta hears this!
Finally a voice of reason---I knew there was still decent people in Houston & not carrying grudges from the old Oil Slick days!!!---You & Sassy are okay!!!---See ya Sunday---I'm outta here before one of those rednecks kills me---LOL!!!
Old 09-28-2005   #13
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 313912 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't hold a grudge against the Bengals, especially from ancient history like the Oilers. Matter-of-fact, I've got lot of respect for your head coach and much of your team.

I just don't like showboats. They are all about the individual player over the team. Football is a team sport, by the way, and without a line protecting the QB allowing him to throw the ball, players like Johnson would have nothing to showboat about.

Leave the dancing for the cheerleaders on the sideline. Football players should have a little respect for the rest of the team and stop all the "look at me!" nonsense. That kind of display should be left for tennis players. It's all about the cameras and SportsCenter highlights...immature mentality, IMHO.

And when these little goofy antics attract attention, don't go cryin' when some LB or safety jacks him up in the middle of the field and leaves his limp body lying there moaning and groaning, because don't believe for an instant that showboating displays don't put a target on their back. Add mouth to that equation, and you're just asking for trouble.

He might get away with it now, but it's only a matter of time...because that is "entertainment".
Old 09-28-2005   #14
metalmike
Veteran

Chad Johnson is one of the best recievers in the league. Too bad he is a major clownass. I would take Andre Johnson over him any day. He is a class act in every aspect. You'll never see him dancing and acting like a clown. Sure hope coach feeds him the ball more. Go Texans!!! Whip the Bungals
metalmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005   #15
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought it was pretty funny. Just a little riverboat blast.

http://media.putfile.com/Movie9182

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005   #16
BengalStripes
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmike
I would take Andre Johnson over him any day. He is a class act in every aspect. You'll never see him dancing and acting like a clown. Sure hope coach feeds him the ball more. Go Texans!!! Whip the Bungals
Week 1 : 3 catches for 18 yards

Week 2 : 4 catches for 20 yards

I guess I wouldn't be dancing either. The Bengals D has more receptions than your #1 receiver.
BengalStripes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005   #17
BengalStripes
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
I thought it was pretty funny. Just a little riverboat blast.

http://media.putfile.com/Movie9182
Yeah, the guy is just having fun. He doesn't mean any disrespect, he just loves to entertain.

Face it, if everyone just handed the ball off to the ref and never spoke trash about the other team the NFL would be pretty boring. I have no problem with the players that don't "showboat", nor do I have a problems with the ones that do. It takes all kinds.
BengalStripes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005   #18
Storm
Rookie

http://nastypimp.com/thiniceentertai...ong_Sample.mp3

He's going to rap and here's the lyrics
Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005   #19
Youngstown Colt
All Pro

The thing you need to know about Chad is his opponants have no problem with what he does after he scores. He always talks to them and congratulates them after the game.

Even the Browns DBs were laughing when they got the package of Pepto. If the players think it's all in good fun, why should the fans think any different?
Old 09-28-2005   #20
Cincinnatikid
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
I don't hold a grudge against the Bengals, especially from ancient history like the Oilers. Matter-of-fact, I've got lot of respect for your head coach and much of your team.

I just don't like showboats. They are all about the individual player over the team. Football is a team sport, by the way, and without a line protecting the QB allowing him to throw the ball, players like Johnson would have nothing to showboat about.

Leave the dancing for the cheerleaders on the sideline. Football players should have a little respect for the rest of the team and stop all the "look at me!" nonsense. That kind of display should be left for tennis players. It's all about the cameras and SportsCenter highlights...immature mentality, IMHO.

And when these little goofy antics attract attention, don't go cryin' when some LB or safety jacks him up in the middle of the field and leaves his limp body lying there moaning and groaning, because don't believe for an instant that showboating displays don't put a target on their back. Add mouth to that equation, and you're just asking for trouble.

He might get away with it now, but it's only a matter of time...because that is "entertainment".
Off the field the guy is low key, quiet, and a model citizen. Maybe he is so good because he can put that extra swagger in his step on the field. He knows he is good and believes in himself and his team. And maybe he has a target on his chest, but he does that also for his team. If he is the main attraction that leaves 3 or 4 other guys left open on the field. The guy isnt stupid. He is gonna get his and the rest of the team will get that many more. He is a guy you can see walking around a mall on off days and you wouldnt even notice him if you didnt know who he was. So maybe you guys can lay off him celebrating his touchdowns. He doesnt plant things to use like sharpies and cell phones, so easy. You are probably just mad that you dont have him on the Texans. He may have a swagger but it gets him into the endzone every week.
Cincinnatikid is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read