Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-28-2005   #1
Paragon Blue
Veteran

Default Mathis to play?????

Just saw the injury report and he's not on there. Glad to see someone return kicks who is not going to run right into the coverage.
Old 09-28-2005   #2
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

There's one positive sign about this weekend. The kickoff return/field position was pretty bad with Morency and Buchanon. Hopefully speed racer can get us excellent placement to help out the offense.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005   #3
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

With a couple of extra weeks off, his hammy should be in good shape. Bodes well for field position I think.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005   #4
TexHorns
Veteran

I hope to see Mathis at WR this next game. I think he and Armstrong should get more playing time. It would be a nice change from Bradford and Gaffney dropping passes.
TexHorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005   #5
TexHorns
Veteran

If Capers is willing to bench P Buch and Babin on D then he should take the same approach on Offense with Bradford. I also would say bench the whole Oline and in their places put very large brown paper bags.

Last edited by TexHorns; 09-28-2005 at 03:31 PM.
TexHorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005   #6
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 63828 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

lets go mathis!!!
he better do well. i just made a bet with my friend(a bengals fan) that mathis would have a 25+ avg. i cant wait.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005   #7
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 63828 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

and mathis should be in the slot, forgot to mention that
Sponsored links
Old 09-29-2005   #8
Davis37
All Pro

I cant wait to see Mathis in the return game this weekend! Maybe he can take one to the house or at least break a long one to get our offense hyped. I would like to see him at WR too, but I dont he catches many deep balls because of the shotty pass protection. If DD can get the ground game going we might see some deep balls off of PA.
Old 09-29-2005   #9
humbleone
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65
and mathis should be in the slot, forgot to mention that
I really don't care where we put him but he needs to be on the field. There is no point in playing Bradford other than as a backup behind Gaffney (who I still think has upside), Mathis and Armstrong. Bradford's 2 receptions and 49 yard contribution are not much to worry about losing nor is his "blocking" downfield.

If the Texans would start Babin and Pitts as rookies, why not Mathis for crying out loud...it's not like we would be losing anything with Bradford on the bench IMO and at least the kid with the upside could get some experience this year.
humbleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005   #10
non natural texan
Rookie

HEY!!!!!

Don't blame the punt returning problems on Buchanon... we've only returned like 3 or 4 punts. However you can blame the reason for not punting on him.
non natural texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005   #11
z0rpAn
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to z0rpAn Send a message via MSN to z0rpAn Send a message via Yahoo to z0rpAn

im sorry, i usually put down bradford... But he made one bad play in the PIT game, but after that he was all cylinders. He was one that actually came out to play.
z0rpAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005   #12
rmartin65
I'm Score

i agree with you all. mathis should play.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read