Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Bengals Vs. Texans

Memith

Practice Squad
Hey guys, I always like to know what the oposing teams strengths and weaknesses are. Could you detail position by position the strengths and weaknesses of the Texans? By looking at the stats it looks like the O-Line is down right bad and the secondary isn't that great. But you held the Steelers running game for the most part and your own running game is averaging close to 5 yards a run (that includes a lot of QB runs though) is that a fair assesment of those aspects of your team?

Memith said:
Hey guys, I always like to know what the oposing teams strengths and weaknesses are. Could you detail position by position the strengths and weaknesses of the Texans? By looking at the stats it looks like the O-Line is down right bad and the secondary isn't that great. But you held the Steelers running game for the most part and your own running game is averaging close to 5 yards a run (that includes a lot of QB runs though) is that a fair assesment of those aspects of your team?
QB - is underated because of our Oline, #2WR, TE
RB - hasnt done anything this year mostly because of oline
WR - AJ is a freak other than that they stink
TE - we have great TE's :fib
Oline - I dont even want to think about how bad they are :crying:
Dline - good to average against run terrible pass rush
linebackers - good to average against run terrible pass rush
CB - Drob is a superstar other side is Terrible whoever starts faggins is a good nickle back but he isnt starting material
S - Marcus Coleman is above average CC Brown is showing some amaising potential but needs more experience.

Our offensive has been our biggest weakness. We are averaging 4.3 yards per carry, not 5. The 4.3 includes our qb scrambling. He's averaging 6.1 yards per carry. Our best back (Davis) is only averaging 3.7 yards per carry. Poor blocking, bad decisions by qb, poor routes, dropped balls, etc. It's been ugly. Just fired our OC and i think the offense will improve. Can't get much worse.

Kick returns have been awfull. A little advise. You would do us a favor by kicking the ball out of the endzone. It may be the only way we get to the 20 yard line. If we get mathis back, this should improve.

Defense was not too bad against buffalo, but gave up some big plays against Pitt. Buchanon has been awful and Babin has not played well. There on the bench this week.

Offense had a great drive to open the 2nd half against Pitt. If the offense on that drive shows up, we can have some success.
Defense should be better than what you have faced so far this year.

Our two losses have come against much stronger competition than the teams you have faced. Don't think you have this game won based on the records. If we can win the turnover battle, get some type of returns, and have the offense that opened up the second half against Pitt. You could have your first loss. If we don't improve over the last two performances, you will be celebrating.

Bubbajwp said:
QB - is underated because of our Oline, #2WR, TE
RB - hasnt done anything this year mostly because of oline
WR - AJ is a freak other than that they stink
TE - we have great TE's :fib
Oline - I dont even want to think about how bad they are :crying:
Dline - good to average against run terrible pass rush
linebackers - good to average against run terrible pass rush
CB - Drob is a superstar other side is Terrible whoever starts faggins is a good nickle back but he isnt starting material
S - Marcus Coleman is above average CC Brown is showing some amaising potential but needs more experience.

I heard someone say that you were promised your guys would be "stronger faster and generally improved" this year. Who did you guys get in the draft this year? Are they doing anything?

Memith said:
I heard someone say that you were promised your guys would be "stronger faster and generally improved" this year. Who did you guys get in the draft this year? Are they doing anything?
T Johnson - plays DE in our 3-4 hasnt done much but hes fun to watch. Rotates in on passing situations.

V Morency - RB he's like DD but not as experienced. 3rd string.

J Mathis - WR very fast but has been injured so far this season. Backup.

Drew Hodgdon - C will probably take over the start job in the next two years. Hopefully. Backup.

CC Brown - SS Shows alot of promise. He is a great tackler with more experience he could be somthing special. Starting.

Kenneth Pettway - OLB He seems to be a fan favorite around here. I dont know much about him. Other than he has good speed. Practice squad

Memith said:

Our Defense was supposed to get faster with the additions of Morlon Greenwood and Philip Buchanon. Also our Dline supposedly all lost weight in the offseason. K Wong moving from OLB to ILB was also suppose to help with our defense's speed. So far K Wong has done good at ILB. Greenwood had a terrible game against the bills but showed promise against the steelers. Philip Buchannon has gotten a few new nicknames since joining the Texans. For instance Pburnt. Nuff said. I havent realy notice a difference in our dlines speed.

On offense we realy only added J mathis who ran a 4.28 at the combine. He hasnt played in the regular season.

Back