Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-28-2005   #41
Paragon Blue
Veteran

I hope I didn't make a mistake getting my Babin jersey. Do you guys really think that he is that bad or do you feel that he will be able to bounce back from this.
Old 09-28-2005   #42
touttail
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paragon Blue
I hope I didn't make a mistake getting my Babin jersey. :
I know exactly where you are coming from Paragon Blue. I have 3 Jamie Sharper jerseys.
When they cut Sharper, I ordered a personal jersey with MY NAME and MY FOOTBALL NUMBER on it. The Texans can't cut me-----LOL. Texan fan 4-ever!
I am a big person and my jersey cost big bucks, $250.00.

bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005   #43
Paragon Blue
Veteran

At the Steelers game there was some guy behind me that kept yelling Babin sucks. I didn't want to turn around but I think he was directing it at me. So the next time he said it I turned around and yelled the whole team sucks and he just kind of looked at me weird.
Old 09-28-2005   #44
touttail
All Pro

LOL_you did the right thing Blue!

bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005   #45
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by touttail
I know exactly where you are coming from Paragon Blue. I have 3 Jamie Sharper jerseys.
When they cut Sharper, I ordered a personal jersey with MY NAME and MY FOOTBALL NUMBER on it. The Texans can't cut me-----LOL. Texan fan 4-ever!
I am a big person and my jersey cost big bucks, $250.00.

bobby 119C
Ah...the benefit of being able to purchase throwback jerseys (Roger Staubach, Troy Aikman, Emmitt Smith, etc.).
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005   #46
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge
Ah...the benefit of being able to purchase throwback jerseys (Roger Staubach, Troy Aikman, Emmitt Smith, etc.).
Billy Cundiff
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005   #47
Davis37
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by touttail
Parcels is a no nonsense coach, who doesn't take **** from anyone. His philosophy is: Put out or get out! He is definitely a HOF Coach.

bobby 119C
That's the same strategy I use with women!!!
Old 09-28-2005   #48
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paragon Blue
Do you guys really think that he is that bad or do you feel that he will be able to bounce back from this.
I felt his main problem was that he was timid. He seemed to run right into blockers or always seemed to slow down right before getting to the QB. It was as if he was thinking stuff like "What is my assignment?" "Should I tackle him high or low?" "Is the ball going to be thrown before I get to him?" "Am I going to get a penalty if I tackle him?"

Maybe being a situational pass rusher will allow him to regain the confidence he had in College to get to the QB every now and then. I think most DEs converted to OLB begin in the pass rusher role anyways. Someone with more knowledge could confirm this. Just a hunch.
Old 09-28-2005   #49
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis37
That's the same strategy I use with women!!!
Your girl friend is probably right behind you waiting to

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005   #50
WiiBrawler
WiiMan

Rep Power: 11 WiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballotWiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via MSN to WiiBrawler Send a message via Yahoo to WiiBrawler Send a message via Skype™ to WiiBrawler
Angry

Why did the texans sign Morlon Greenwood? Its all his fault, if he didnt sign, Sharper would still be here, we'd be allowing around 20 23 points a game. Why did the texans trade for Phillip Buchanon he is a pansy, he doesnt
know what he is doing out there, we could have drafted a leginemnt reciever and a Pass Proctecter.

I miss Jamie Sharper and Aaron Glenn
WiiBrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005   #51
jppaul
Cut and Dry

Rep Power: 1193 jppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaboycm
You have nothing interesting to say.

Since when were so many people against pictures?

You better not own a camera
It tends to get a little annoying when you have to click the page down button three times to get to the next post.
jppaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005   #52
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 391357 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exascor
Maybe being a situational pass rusher will allow him to regain the confidence he had in College to get to the QB every now and then. I think most DEs converted to OLB begin in the pass rusher role anyways. Someone with more knowledge could confirm this. Just a hunch.
To give an example for your point, top half of the 1st round draft pick Terrell Suggs was a situational pass rusher his 1st year and may have only become the starter as soon as he did due to injury.
Old 09-28-2005   #53
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

i think babin can bounce back.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005   #54
SESupergenius

I think Babin will be fine. Capers for some strange reason loves the baptism by fire concept. I personally don't agree with it because the newness and speed of the NFL is a little overwhelming for a lot of players. It's best to sit Babin for a bit, give him time to clear his head and make better decisions. This should piss him off so look for a sack by him this game.
Old 09-28-2005   #55
Buzz
Veteran

I thought it was kind of interesting to go back and read some of the things people were saying about Babin when he was in college. One guy said he "plays with a lot of energy and the kind of quick ramp-up speed that is crucial to being one of the game’s elite sackmasters". I really doubt he could ever be among the best, but if they keep him focused on one thing, instead of having him where he ends up thinking too much and acting tentative, maybe he could become good at it. He averaged about 30 tackles for a loss and 15 sacks in his last two years before he was drafted, and I think you could call it a succesful move if he manages to get a third of that or close to it for the rest of the season.
Buzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005   #56
BradK10
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to BradK10 Send a message via Yahoo to BradK10

i dont care if they don't make sense, the picture posts are hilarious
Old 09-28-2005   #57
BradK10
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to BradK10 Send a message via Yahoo to BradK10

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak

PS--while Babin is on the bench, the Texans have evidently announced he will come in on 3rd downs against the Bengals according to 610 am.
So that's like bringing in the situational ANTI pass rusher? Ahhhh, makes sense
Old 09-28-2005   #58
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadahnic
wow, Babin has talent, but hey wouldn't you like to see him in the middle of the defense. I would like him in Greenwood's spot, except he cant cover, but he would be better at taking on blockers and making tackles. In the 80's 4-6 defense that chicago ran when the switched to a 3-4 subset they had a larger "tweener" guy next to singletary and it worked really well. it just might be something to think about.

ok well part of an ILB job is to cover,,,so thatd be a little pointless.
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005   #59
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think our defensive scheme has a lot to due with his production. It is well known it is a complicated, read and react scheme (sucks as far as I am concerned). I suspect he would do very well in an attacking type defense (see Steve Foley). With some time to learn this one (it's said it takes 2-3 years) he might be real good, but he also may not be. If he went to SD, I think he would shine.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005   #60
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 200878 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Can Babin play Left tackle ? Just kidding .

I do think the Texans coaches have created the dullest pro team in sports . No scoring , no turnovers , no sacks . Pretty soon the chearleaders will be wearing full length skirts .
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read