Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-27-2005   #1
DRIFTAWAY
All Pro

Default NFL conspiracy

hey guys I was thinking about something and I think there is a conspiracy in the NFL. Has it ever occured that all the patriotic teams do good in the NFL? Take note on how the Patriots have won every super bowl while we have been at war. Take note on how they played the Eagles in this last super bowl, and the eagle just happens to be the national bird of America. How did the steelers and jets get so good?Its cus in the terrorist attacks planes crashed in both respectful cities. How did the chargers emerge all of a sudden? Because there is a large marine base there that serves the war? How are the Texans so bad? Because the country is jealous of the lower gas prices here. While you may dismiss this as silly, it does make sense.
Most Improved- Juwan Howard
DRIFTAWAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005   #2
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Hmmmm...I always wondered!
Old 09-27-2005   #3
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Ihategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of Famer

Brady Fumble
St Louis getting screwed out of time after the final kick
The Patriots blatantly holding and tackling players in front of referes and getting no calls
This latest incident against Pittsburgh where a lose would have the Patriots nursing a losing record.

Oh yeah, something is rotten in Denmark.
Old 09-27-2005   #4
TMac48
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TMac48

I agree. The Patriots whole dynasty started the season that 9-11 took place. Kinda makes u wonder... I wouldn't be surprised to see NO win the Super Bowl this year.
Old 09-27-2005   #5
DRIFTAWAY
All Pro

im tellin yall, it all makes sense. I emailed that same article to Pardon the Interupption to see if they put that on mail time if anyone watches it anytime this week post if they mention it. the name is john
Old 09-27-2005   #6
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIFTAWAY
hey guys I was thinking about something and I think there is a conspiracy in the NFL. Has it ever occured that all the patriotic teams do good in the NFL? Take note on how the Patriots have won every super bowl while we have been at war. Take note on how they played the Eagles in this last super bowl, and the eagle just happens to be the national bird of America. How did the steelers and jets get so good?Its cus in the terrorist attacks planes crashed in both respectful cities. How did the chargers emerge all of a sudden? Because there is a large marine base there that serves the war? How are the Texans so bad? Because the country is jealous of the lower gas prices here. While you may dismiss this as silly, it does make sense.

How exactly did the NFL help the Patriots win the superbowl? DId they help the patriots make amazing off season aqusitions? Did they give the Patriots extra tds to compensate? No. The patriots won becuase they are a very very good team.

How exactly are the Tampa bay Bucs a "patriotic team"? They won the superbowl in 2003 and they beat the oakland raiders. How are the raiders a "patriotic team"?

How did the steelers get so good? They have ALWAYS been a defensive powerhouse. Rememebr the battles the Oilers used to have with the Steelers? The Steelers have been a defensive powerhouse for years, so the idea that they suddenly came out of nowhere is perposterous to me.

The jets are good? Are you sure about that? They are not playing all that well. Also iwhat about the Giants? Shouldnt the Giants be playing well if the plane crashed in their city. Besides last time I read, no planes crashed in East Rutherford, NJ.

San Diego played well becuase they had a last place schedule and and upped their team quite a bit. Hosuton didnt do well becuase we did not improve our team as dramatically.

Conspiracy my ***.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005   #7
DRIFTAWAY
All Pro

im not here to say it is a conspiracy just saying how it all fits togethor. I am also not saying that is the case for every team or every game. I mean they do have to make it not obvious.
Sponsored links
Old 09-27-2005   #8
DRIFTAWAY
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst
How exactly did the NFL help the Patriots win the superbowl? DId they help the patriots make amazing off season aqusitions? Did they give the Patriots extra tds to compensate? No. The patriots won becuase they are a very very good team.

they very well could have helped the patriots win, and the list in a post above shows it. Extra 52 seconds. Rams incident. Tuck Rule.
Old 09-27-2005   #9
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
they very well could have helped the patriots win, and the list in a post above shows it. Extra 52 seconds. Rams incident. Tuck Rule.
Extra 52 seconds was added when there was over 12 minutes left in the game. Rams incident?

Tuck rule is something that is now part of the game.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005   #10
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Maybe the Steelers would've won if they didn't sit on a timeout at the end of the game.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005   #11
DRIFTAWAY
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst

Tuck rule is something that is now part of the game.
well its going to be part of the game now, since they used it once.
Old 09-28-2005   #12
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Quote:
Yeah, I think I'll take the "silly...doesn't make sense" path.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005   #13
GoPats
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 GoPats is on the Pro-Bowl ballotGoPats is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

There is no icon in existence to describe how hard I'm laughing at all of you right now (except for awtysst... EDIT: and Huge).

With the exception of this board's resident 21-year-old-who-thinks-he-knows-it-all (but most certainly shows his inexperience and lack of wisdom on a regular basis), I would have given y'all a bit more credit...

Last edited by GoPats; 09-28-2005 at 11:08 AM.
GoPats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005   #14
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ya and the matrix realy does exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005   #15
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 173001 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

This all makes sense. With a TIME MACHINE! We knew about 9-11 years in advance, thanks to that time machine. So in alternate future we saw Belicheck as a great coach (coaching another team), Brady going undrafted (but playing well in the AFL), and the Pats in last place. So what did the NFL do? Added the 3 and TADAAA, we have the current Pats becoming succesfull post 9-11. To bad in alternate reality they lost to the Raiders (no tuck rule), lost to PIT (minus 52 sec), missed all those game winning FG's (change wind direction and speed). Good thing we have that Time machine after all, if not - this post would be pointless......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005   #16
GoPats
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 GoPats is on the Pro-Bowl ballotGoPats is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIT-R-DONE
I think this is all silly, but it doesn't matter at all where the extra 52 seconds were added. It is unbelievable. The league should mandate that the game be played again. I know that would never happen, but the Steelers got robbed!
I think the Steelers, to a man, would say that this made no difference in the game whatsoever, and that they should have simply played better football. I'm pretty sure that's what they'd say. The only people who aren't freaking out over this are Patriots fans and Steelers fans.
Old 09-28-2005   #17
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

The only thing I have to contribute to this thread is the phantom holding call on Kenny Wright against the Pats two years ago. Houston scratched and clawed to try and win that game with Ramon Walker blocking a punt and a field goal, as well as the game going to OT, only to have the refs decide it on a lame call.

The conspiracy thing is a nice little story but that's about the extent of it.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005   #18
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzeppelin269
The only thing I have to contribute to this thread is the phantom holding call on Kenny Wright against the Pats two years ago. Houston scratched and clawed to try and win that game with Ramon Walker blocking a punt and a field goal, as well as the game going to OT, only to have the refs decide it on a lame call.

The conspiracy thing is a nice little story but that's about the extent of it.

Man those were the days. The Texans played with some heart.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005   #19
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

BTW-I forgot the [/sarcasm] tag on my post. Sorry.
Old 09-28-2005   #20
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
well its going to be part of the game now, since they used it once.
The tuck rule was around forever but they never had a need to call it till then. And I havent seen it called since.
BigBull17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read