Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

NFL conspiracy

DRIFTAWAY

Rookie
hey guys I was thinking about something and I think there is a conspiracy in the NFL. Has it ever occured that all the patriotic teams do good in the NFL? Take note on how the Patriots have won every super bowl while we have been at war. Take note on how they played the Eagles in this last super bowl, and the eagle just happens to be the national bird of America. How did the steelers and jets get so good?Its cus in the terrorist attacks planes crashed in both respectful cities. How did the chargers emerge all of a sudden? Because there is a large marine base there that serves the war? How are the Texans so bad? Because the country is jealous of the lower gas prices here. While you may dismiss this as silly, it does make sense.

Brady Fumble
St Louis getting screwed out of time after the final kick
The Patriots blatantly holding and tackling players in front of referes and getting no calls
This latest incident against Pittsburgh where a lose would have the Patriots nursing a losing record.

Oh yeah, something is rotten in Denmark.

I agree. The Patriots whole dynasty started the season that 9-11 took place. Kinda makes u wonder... I wouldn't be surprised to see NO win the Super Bowl this year.

im tellin yall, it all makes sense. I emailed that same article to Pardon the Interupption to see if they put that on mail time :) if anyone watches it anytime this week post if they mention it. the name is john

DRIFTAWAY said:
hey guys I was thinking about something and I think there is a conspiracy in the NFL. Has it ever occured that all the patriotic teams do good in the NFL? Take note on how the Patriots have won every super bowl while we have been at war. Take note on how they played the Eagles in this last super bowl, and the eagle just happens to be the national bird of America. How did the steelers and jets get so good?Its cus in the terrorist attacks planes crashed in both respectful cities. How did the chargers emerge all of a sudden? Because there is a large marine base there that serves the war? How are the Texans so bad? Because the country is jealous of the lower gas prices here. While you may dismiss this as silly, it does make sense.

How exactly did the NFL help the Patriots win the superbowl? DId they help the patriots make amazing off season aqusitions? Did they give the Patriots extra tds to compensate? No. The patriots won becuase they are a very very good team.

How exactly are the Tampa bay Bucs a "patriotic team"? They won the superbowl in 2003 and they beat the oakland raiders. How are the raiders a "patriotic team"?

How did the steelers get so good? They have ALWAYS been a defensive powerhouse. Rememebr the battles the Oilers used to have with the Steelers? The Steelers have been a defensive powerhouse for years, so the idea that they suddenly came out of nowhere is perposterous to me.

The jets are good? Are you sure about that? They are not playing all that well. Also iwhat about the Giants? Shouldnt the Giants be playing well if the plane crashed in their city. Besides last time I read, no planes crashed in East Rutherford, NJ.

San Diego played well becuase they had a last place schedule and and upped their team quite a bit. Hosuton didnt do well becuase we did not improve our team as dramatically.

Conspiracy my ***.

im not here to say it is a conspiracy just saying how it all fits togethor. I am also not saying that is the case for every team or every game. I mean they do have to make it not obvious.

awtysst said:
How exactly did the NFL help the Patriots win the superbowl? DId they help the patriots make amazing off season aqusitions? Did they give the Patriots extra tds to compensate? No. The patriots won becuase they are a very very good team.

they very well could have helped the patriots win, and the list in a post above shows it. Extra 52 seconds. Rams incident. Tuck Rule.

DRIFTAWAY said:
they very well could have helped the patriots win, and the list in a post above shows it. Extra 52 seconds. Rams incident. Tuck Rule.

Extra 52 seconds was added when there was over 12 minutes left in the game. Rams incident?

Tuck rule is something that is now part of the game.

DRIFTAWAY said:
Yeah, I think I'll take the "silly...doesn't make sense" path.

There is no icon in existence to describe how hard I'm laughing at all of you right now (except for awtysst... EDIT: and Huge).

With the exception of this board's resident 21-year-old-who-thinks-he-knows-it-all (but most certainly shows his inexperience and lack of wisdom on a regular basis), I would have given y'all a bit more credit...

DRIFTAWAY said:
Ya and the matrix realy does exist. :jk:

This all makes sense. With a TIME MACHINE! We knew about 9-11 years in advance, thanks to that time machine. So in alternate future we saw Belicheck as a great coach (coaching another team), Brady going undrafted (but playing well in the AFL), and the Pats in last place. So what did the NFL do? Added the 3 and TADAAA, we have the current Pats becoming succesfull post 9-11. To bad in alternate reality they lost to the Raiders (no tuck rule), lost to PIT (minus 52 sec), missed all those game winning FG's (change wind direction and speed). Good thing we have that Time machine after all, if not - this post would be pointless......

GIT-R-DONE said:
I think this is all silly, but it doesn't matter at all where the extra 52 seconds were added. It is unbelievable. The league should mandate that the game be played again. I know that would never happen, but the Steelers got robbed!

I think the Steelers, to a man, would say that this made no difference in the game whatsoever, and that they should have simply played better football. I'm pretty sure that's what they'd say. The only people who aren't freaking out over this are Patriots fans and Steelers fans.

The only thing I have to contribute to this thread is the phantom holding call on Kenny Wright against the Pats two years ago. Houston scratched and clawed to try and win that game with Ramon Walker blocking a punt and a field goal, as well as the game going to OT, only to have the refs decide it on a lame call.

The conspiracy thing is a nice little story but that's about the extent of it.

ledzeppelin269 said:
The only thing I have to contribute to this thread is the phantom holding call on Kenny Wright against the Pats two years ago. Houston scratched and clawed to try and win that game with Ramon Walker blocking a punt and a field goal, as well as the game going to OT, only to have the refs decide it on a lame call.

The conspiracy thing is a nice little story but that's about the extent of it.

Man those were the days. The Texans played with some heart.

DRIFTAWAY said:
well its going to be part of the game now, since they used it once.
The tuck rule was around forever but they never had a need to call it till then. And I havent seen it called since.

[Puts on tinfoil hat]

Nope, the voices in my head tell me that this is not a conspiracy.

[Removes tinfoil hat and re-wraps lunch]

:heh:

did anyone else watch this game and have that sinking feeling the league was up to its old tricks, subsidizing the cowboys as-if they started the game with a 3-4 point lead?

there were some of the worst "fix" calls i've seen in a long time in this game, particularly the offensive pass interference call on brandon lloyd and the refusal to overrule the 2-pt conversion.

Vinny said:
They make a thought screen helmet for the tin hat society now. Stock up before the next evacuation. :ok:

LMFOA!!! :heh:

You can't argue with this sales pitch: THE THOUGHT SCREEN HELMET STOPS ALIENS FROM ABDUCTING HUMANS.

No doubt I'll have to get one soon. A dude can only take so many anal probes before he says enough is enough!

ummmm....strictly talking about a "friend of mine", of course

Vinny said:
They make a thought screen helmet for the tin hat society now. Stock up before the next evacuation. :ok:

Great scene on Gilligan's Island. Skipper asked Gilligan about a necklace he was wearing and Gilligan told him it kept polar bears away. Skipper explodes with you ding-dong there aren't any polar bears within 5,000 miles of here and Gilligan of course replies, "see how well it works."

DRIFTAWAY said:
im tellin yall, it all makes sense. I emailed that same article to Pardon the Interupption to see if they put that on mail time :) if anyone watches it anytime this week post if they mention it. the name is john
i watch that show all the time.

every nfl team gets jobbed on calls...the patriots just seem to play through their bad breaks and take full advantage when it swings their way.

With the exception of this board's resident 21-year-old-who-thinks-he-knows-it-all (but most certainly shows his inexperience and lack of wisdom on a regular basis), I would have given y'all a bit more credit...

Oh, I believe that the Patriots would have still won that game as long as they had some time on the clock.

I am confident that Adam Vinatieri could make a 55 yard clutch kick at Hines field into the short wall side of the stadium when no other kicker has ever gone past 50.

lets use this past sunday as an example. The horrible call by the refs at the end of our game. When the pats did it, its tuck rule, when it happened to us, its a fumble. All part of the conspiracy

Didn't the patriotic Patriots get dookie stomped this past weekend? I think they'd put a dent in the conspiracy.

Huge said:
Didn't the patriotic Patriots get dookie stomped this past weekend? I think they'd put a dent in the conspiracy.

Good point! There was nothing working in their favor last week... including football, in general.

Yeah but the Chargers were beat by the Cowboys in week 1. And Dallas is part of the evil empire of lower gas prices.

i was watching total access the other day and they have a segment about the officials calls with the head of the refs.

they talk about the sanders INT, the pollard TD, and the raiders punt. not once did they ask if the carr fumble was an accurate call.

makes you think....

No, the Chargers play in an area that's heavily based with military personnel. That's their "patriotic" link.

'Course, that wouldn't explain why the Redskins have sucked so bad over the past several years. They play down the road from the Pentagon (site of several military personnel as well as a location of the terror attacks of 9/11).

well this will explain the texans doing so poorly...Dom Capers has the initials D.C. and right now everyone hates the government for continuning to keep troops in iraq and they aren't patriots anymore... Once again, Capers is our weakest link.

Came across this article that talks about NFL scheduling.

Interestingly enough, the NFL has made it particular hard on two teams in question on this thread (New England and San Diego).

Can the principal of the NFL Conspiracy be applied to Major League Baseball? Will the MLB powers-that-be bestow a World Series title to the Houston Astros as a reward for the city of Houston's helping hand towards the survivors of Hurricane Katrina? :hmmm: Only time will tell...

Back