Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-27-2005   #1
cadahnic
All Pro

Default A letter to the FANS...

Fellow Fans,

I understand that we wanted and expected a better product this season. I mean we were told that the O-line, offense, and defense would be faster, meaner, more experienced and most importantly improved. It has not started off that way, but have a little faith that these beginning blunders are not the norm. We have a dedicated team that was and hopefully that stays past tense playing uninspired and confused. The product is getting better as we speak, is it because of Pendry or the firing of Palmer, no it is due to the fact that the players are pissed with being the laughing stock of the league right now. There are several teams that have not won a game, and have lost against weaker competition, but we are the laughing stock. Expect Fight, Tenacity, and Anger to be on the field on Sunday and every gameday after that. We may not win every game, but we will not look like we have at the beginning of this season. Our team is human and like all of us they have alot of pride, and that Texan Pride will be displayed for the entire NFL and media to see for the rest of the season...

Thank You,

A TRUE DEDICATED TEXAN FAN
cadahnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005   #2
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

I just want to see our defense start hitting people like they dont care what happens to them or any body else. I saw some of this in the second half of the Pitts game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005   #3
titan hater
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadahnic
Fellow Fans,

I understand that we wanted and expected a better product this season. I mean we were told that the O-line, offense, and defense would be faster, meaner, more experienced and most importantly improved. It has not started off that way, but have a little faith that these beginning blunders are not the norm. We have a dedicated team that was and hopefully that stays past tense playing uninspired and confused. The product is getting better as we speak, is it because of Pendry or the firing of Palmer, no it is due to the fact that the players are pissed with being the laughing stock of the league right now. There are several teams that have not won a game, and have lost against weaker competition, but we are the laughing stock. Expect Fight, Tenacity, and Anger to be on the field on Sunday and every gameday after that. We may not win every game, but we will not look like we have at the beginning of this season. Our team is human and like all of us they have alot of pride, and that Texan Pride will be displayed for the entire NFL and media to see for the rest of the season...

Thank You,

La-De-Da...yada, yada, yada... :brickwall I think IM gonna puke. Who wrote this? Are you Bob McNair? I mean you gotta be paid by the Texans somehow, right?
titan hater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005   #4
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 35326 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
...due to the fact that the players are pissed with being the laughing stock of the league right now...
That's one thing I hope you're correct with. Coaching may have been one part, but if the players have a defeatest or "don't care" attitude before the game even starts - doesn't matter who's calling the plays.

Hoping to see some fire within or on some "nether regions" - either location, from here on out.

Hey Texans, the fans are ready.... are you?
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005   #5
tsip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP

Quote:
Fellow Fans,

Thank You,

You'd have a more receptive audience posting this after one game in which all your predictions bore fruit--now, like gas last week, you're running on empty--ok, change that from all to a couple, maybe one?

Last edited by tsip; 09-27-2005 at 05:31 PM. Reason: a
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005   #6
SESupergenius

Hey Now, it's a change, which is something sorely needed. Let's get behind this change and see what happends. You never know, the attitude of this team and its focus could very well get the kick in the pants it needed. I'm not saying Pendry is the life savor, but let's get behind this change with an open mind. Let's judge after this game.
Old 09-27-2005   #7
BREAZE
Veteran

The Texan that deseves credit so far this year is Bob McNair and unfortunately he doesn't coach. The rest of the team and staff collects his money and underachieves in return...
BREAZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-27-2005   #8
AndreJ
All Pro

wishful thinking
Old 09-27-2005   #9
cadahnic
All Pro

Technically I am not paid by the Texans, but I have first hand knowledge of what is going on with the team. The guys let me know when they are pissed and you true fans should understand that everyone loses. I mean were you all oilers fans. We never won anything and we have the honor of being the largest comeback in playoff history. We were embarrassing. I am saying understand that the team is receptive that and wants to play better not only for you the fans, but for themselves also.

Last edited by cadahnic; 09-27-2005 at 07:10 PM.
Old 09-27-2005   #10
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Fellow Fans,

Thank You,

I applaud your dedication. I am one who thinks as you do. I really believe our team, with some of the changes made, will be more exciting. I just hope the players believe as we. In the past game I saw a lot of quit and I haven't ever seen that with this team.

Either way, I will be in the Bull Pen with my hardhat screaming my head off as always.
Old 09-27-2005   #11
cadahnic
All Pro

TedC I give you a True Texan Fan Salute my man. You seem to understand football and the intangibles that go with it. I will look for you from my lux. box...
Old 09-27-2005   #12
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Fellow Fans,

I understand that we wanted and expected a better product this season. I mean we were told that the O-line, offense, and defense would be faster, meaner, more experienced and most importantly improved. ...
We were told "more experienced' as in another year together to GEL. But told we would be faster, at the expense of throwing away experienced I am still having a hard time buying into ... but I'm a patient soul, and will wait for a sign of that better product.
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005   #13
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Your whole post was nothing but wishes. You said "it's getting better as we speak?" How? Since when have we seen proof that it's getting better as we speak? I'll reserve that judgment for this sunday when I see them play. It might be getting "different" in terms of some "changes" being made, but I can't possibly see how it's getting "better as we speak."

And then you haul off with the ever-famous "true fans" comment, and try to whip us bad fans into shape. The old "I'm a true fan and anybody who can't put on a cheerleader skirt with me is a bad fan" act is sooooooo tired.

And then, after a a guy OBVIOUSLY is joking that he was the one that dumped beer on the Carr family...you go and get busy with the curse words like a (drum roll please) TRUE FAN!!!

I'll say this: Hooray for some of the CHANGES. But if i see the same lack of desire and the same lack of personal ownership by players other than Dunta Robinson (who IS this team's leader, by the way) this Sunday...I'm going to flame this board like a Burger King broiler at noon in downtown Tokyo.

You would have earned a lot more agreement for your thread if you had not pulled the "true fan vs. bad fan" act.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005   #14
titan hater
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976
Your whole post was nothing but wishes. You said "it's getting better as we speak?" How? Since when have we seen proof that it's getting better as we speak? I'll reserve that judgment for this sunday when I see them play. It might be getting "different" in terms of some "changes" being made, but I can't possibly see how it's getting "better as we speak."

And then you haul off with the ever-famous "true fans" comment, and try to whip us bad fans into shape. The old "I'm a true fan and anybody who can't put on a cheerleader skirt with me is a bad fan" act is sooooooo tired.

And then, after a a guy OBVIOUSLY is joking that he was the one that dumped beer on the Carr family...you go and get busy with the curse words like a (drum roll please) TRUE FAN!!!

I'll say this: Hooray for some of the CHANGES. But if i see the same lack of desire and the same lack of personal ownership by players other than Dunta Robinson (who IS this team's leader, by the way) this Sunday...I'm going to flame this board like a Burger King broiler at noon in downtown Tokyo.

You would have earned a lot more agreement for your thread if you had not pulled the "true fan vs. bad fan" act.

Bravo DD!
Old 09-27-2005   #15
cadahnic
All Pro

I did not pull any act it is true. I mean dont deny there are true fans and there are not true fans to the texans. There are pessimist(me included) who thought we would suck this year after the moves that were made, but after I saw and heard how the guys felt after Pitt I knew they were ready to make this team better. And they go into practice now with that attitude, so we are getting better as we speak.
Old 09-27-2005   #16
titan hater
Veteran

Quote:
I did not pull any act it is true. I mean dont deny there are true fans and there are not true fans to the texans. There are pessimist(me included) who thought we would suck this year after the moves that were made, but after I saw and heard how the guys felt after Pitt I knew they were ready to make this team better. And they go into practice now with that attitude, so we are getting better as we speak.
Lord, I hope so...They got nowhere to go but up...
Old 09-27-2005   #17
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

Quote:

I agree. Been a Houston fan for many many years through thick and thin, mostly thin. And I am still here..

Went through the days of "love ya blue" and kick the door down and many more. Yet we have never ever produced a winner. I full confidence in Bob Mc that he wants the same thing as I do.

I would guess that Bob had a heart to heart talk with Dom and Casserly to, how would you say it, "Get er Done". So the first move was on them, the next move will be on Bob Mc at the end of the season... Time will tell....
Old 09-27-2005   #18
tsip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP

"better as we speak"

...better does not manifest itself in practice or in rehearsal but when it's 'showtime'--anything can look better when not tested---let's play the game first and then you can talk about better
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005   #19
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

"I did not pull any act it is true. I mean dont deny there are true fans and there are not true fans to the texans..." -- cadahnic

So now you're begging me and others to agree with you? What happened to your cocky, over-confident macho attitude that just busted down the door and said, "Here I am! Ready or not! Like it or get steamrolled..."?

Any fan that comes here after the way we performed for the past two weeks is a true fan.

Any fan that says "we stink" is a true fan.

Any fan that doesn't reply to any of the posts but just quietly reads the posts for the past three years and nobody knows his existence is a "true fan."

Any fan that says "quit bashing Carr! Quit bashing the Texans! You're not TRUE FANS" is a "true fan."

Any fan who doesn't have an internet connection, can't see the Texans play because they can't afford to come to the games, or lives overseas and can't wait to see a video we send them (like the guy known as Sideline who lives in England and is a poster over at texanstalk.com) and generally reads about us in the newspapers and that's all the see of this team...is a "true fan."

You are not gifted or privileged with the responsibility of defining fans and who is or isn't a true fan. Man, if you can't see what I am talking about...you never will understand the big picture.

We all have the right to speak our minds, and we have the right to disagree. So how about talking some football and how about sticking to football commentary and not "my dad can beat up your dad" attitudes?
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005   #20
Davis37
All Pro

Quote:
"I did not pull any act it is true. I mean dont deny there are true fans and there are not true fans to the texans..." -- cadahnic

So now you're begging me and others to agree with you? What happened to your cocky, over-confident macho attitude that just busted down the door and said, "Here I am! Ready or not! Like it or get steamrolled..."?

Any fan that comes here after the way we performed for the past two weeks is a true fan.

Any fan that says "we stink" is a true fan.

Any fan that doesn't reply to any of the posts but just quietly reads the posts for the past three years and nobody knows his existence is a "true fan."

Any fan that says "quit bashing Carr! Quit bashing the Texans! You're not TRUE FANS" is a "true fan."

Any fan who doesn't have an internet connection, can't see the Texans play because they can't afford to come to the games, or lives overseas and can't wait to see a video we send them (like the guy known as Sideline who lives in England and is a poster over at texanstalk.com) and generally reads about us in the newspapers and that's all the see of this team...is a "true fan."

You are not gifted or privileged with the responsibility of defining fans and who is or isn't a true fan. Man, if you can't see what I am talking about...you never will understand the big picture.

We all have the right to speak our minds, and we have the right to disagree. So how about talking some football and how about sticking to football commentary and not "my dad can beat up your dad" attitudes?

good post

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read